Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any religious sleevers out there done the Beth Moore Esther study? I am on week 2 and in the lesson today she quoted a women that took a poll for her...she said for women "sometimes there is nothing that make you happier than seeing a close friend gain a couple pounds". Got me thinking...I dont ever want to think that way about other people....I wonder how many people feel that way about me?

What do you think? Do we (especially women) feel that way about others? I want to be happy for others who work hard at taking good care of themelves in an effort to be healthy. But am I disgracefully feel a little good when I lose more than someone else or make a goal first. Gotta work on that right....we are all headed in the same direction.

Just some thoughts...wondering if I am alone.

No ..I work with all women..And I do think at least 30 percent are just waiting to see us gain some weight back..or slip up..I do get some rude comments like..."I see your eating more now"or are you suppose to eat that...I would like to say I am happy for the people who loose weight..I am a lifetime member of weight watchers..and worked there for some time..so I am always going for the underdog..I think worse then women ,

are family members that are waiting for you to slip up...

I have been having so many thoughts about this very subject this week. My co-worker and I are the only other woman that work in our office.Yesterday she went on about how a friend of hers was going on and on to her about how fat she used to be and how good she looks now. And the fat weight she says she weighed is 50 pounds less than what I weigh now. It was like she was doing it trying to make me feel bad about my weight and putting a dig into me that I am fatter than her "fat" weight.

My sister and I are very close. We are about the same size and have always dieted together. She has had more success than me in the past. I was a little jealous of her but at the same time happy for her and it motivated me to try harder. But now that I am havnig surgery, she has hardly mentioned it at all. I know she is envious and I am trying to be respectful of that and not talk too much to her about it. I have also been praying that I wont ever get to a point after losing weight that I look down on other people for their weight or that I wont get an uppity attitude just because I am smaller. I feel that God has me on this particular journey for a reason and He will use my experience to fulfill His purpose in my life.

It's hard for us women sometimes, to just let go and feel truly happy for someone who has something we want. I tell you though, it feels good when you do it! There is a tall, beautiful woman in our church who used to be rail thin, and i noticed she had gained some over the last few years, (still beautiful though!) and i saw her Sunday looking very thin and I said "Julia! You are sooo thin!! You look beautiful!!" She went on to tell me what she'd been doing exercise-wise and such. And she was just beaming. It felt good to make her feel good.

It's a matter of contentment with who we are and where God has us in life at the moment. Being content is a big issue. Not that we shouldn't always try to better ourselves, but we don't need to lash out at others because we're not there yet. "The world" doesn't understand that, so that type of behavior is to be expected from them. Just show 'em how it's suppose to be done! Heap the burning coals on their head with your love.

I did the Beth Moore study and I feel women do! No after studying Esther and talking with my Bible study friends decade all trying to be truly supportive to each other on all areas of our lives. We hope that is what Jesus wants us to do. BTW love Beth Moore! Enjoy the Study!

One more thing...I am struggling with surgery...am I messing with Gods work?

One more thing...I am struggling with surgery...am I messing with Gods work?

I have a thought on this. I've told this to someone else one here as well. God's work was perfected in Adam and Eve. They sinned, plunging us into decay. The whole creation was plunged into death by their sin. If we were still perfect, we would not be able to gain weight. God has given us a plethora of resources to counteract the effects of sin on our bodies. He's given us doctors and medicines and surgery. You are trying to be a good steward of the body God has given you. If you had cancer, you'd get it cut out because it's killing you. Well...this isn't a lot different. Just something to think about. :)

I feel better thanks!

Dooter, what a great way of expressing this......especially with the cancer analogy!

Hi All

I am a mother of 5, married for 18 years, a Christian since I was 12, my battle with my weight started when I was 12, I came to the conclusion of surgery when I had finally had enough of battling this demon.

Im from Sydney Australia, Iam currently in the process of getting finances together to fund my sleeve surgery, a Christian friend of mine found out I was going to get the surgery done, (I know she meant well) soon as she found out what a sleeve was she said boldly, "we are accountable for what we do, the day will come where we will stand before God and be accountable",

I had no comment, but then I pondered on it for a while and I started to feel condemned, I woke up at 3 am with the voice of the Holy Spirit saying Gluttony is a sin, Holy spirit went on to say Mark 9:43-47, if your hand puts a stumbling block befor you and causes you to sin Cut It Off!!!

you can imagine the sense of peace I felt after.

Hi All

I am a mother of 5' date=' married for 18 years, a Christian since I was 12, my battle with my weight started when I was 12, I came to the conclusion of surgery when I had finally had enough of battling this demon.

Im from Sydney Australia, Iam currently in the process of getting finances together to fund my sleeve surgery, a Christian friend of mine found out I was going to get the surgery done, (I know she meant well) soon as she found out what a sleeve was she said boldly, "we are accountable for what we do, the day will come where we will stand before God and be accountable",

I had no comment, but then I pondered on it for a while and I started to feel condemned, I woke up at 3 am with the voice of the Holy Spirit saying Gluttony is a sin, Holy spirit went on to say Mark 9:43-47, if your hand puts a stumbling block befor you and causes you to sin Cut It Off!!!

you can imagine the sense of peace I felt after.[/quote']

Yes, we are accountable, but we are accountable, too, for not taking care of our bodies. I believe, for many of us, this is another way of taking care of the body God gave us. This is an amazing journey!

Yes' date=' we are accountable, but we are accountable, too, for not taking care of our bodies. I believe, for many of us, this is another way of taking care of the body God gave us. This is an amazing journey![/quote']

yes I Agree, what I meant was, when Jesus was told by Lazarus 2 sisters that Lazarus passed away, he mourned with them, scriptures tells us he knew how they felt, I believe Jesus knows how we feel and what we go through with trying to eat right and exercise, so yes I thank God for weightloss surgery, I honestly cannot weight till I can get mine done.

Yes' date=' we are accountable, but we are accountable, too, for not taking care of our bodies. I believe, for many of us, this is another way of taking care of the body God gave us. This is an amazing journey![/quote']

yes I Agree, what I meant was, when Jesus was told by Lazarus 2 sisters that Lazarus passed away, he mourned with them, scriptures tells us he knew how they felt, I believe Jesus knows how we feel and what we go through with trying to eat right and exercise, so yes I thank God for weightloss surgery, I honestly cannot weight till I can get mine done.