Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Thing I Can't Wait To Do...

Hi,

I recently got my surgery date of Feb 6th. I am beyond excited! It's becoming official now. I can't help but be completely obsessed with this site. I love hearing everyone's personal stories and experiences as we travel through our journey.

Right now, I HATE SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES! I hate the feeling of just buying "anything that fits". I'm so obsessed with black clothing. My personal goal is to be able to wear a nice WHITE DRESS and feel comfortable with the way I look. I know that sounds crazy!!!

I does NOT sound crazy. Here is crazy for you: I want to be able to wear board shorts and a halter bikini top.

Hi,

I recently got my surgery date of Feb 6th. I am beyond excited! It's becoming official now. I can't help but be completely obsessed with this site. I love hearing everyone's personal stories and experiences as we travel through our journey.

Right now, I HATE SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES! I hate the feeling of just buying "anything that fits". I'm so obsessed with black clothing. My personal goal is to be able to wear a nice WHITE DRESS and feel comfortable with the way I look. I know that sounds crazy!!!

No this isn't crazy at all! I started to get the feel of what it was like to enjoy shopping again when I got my lap band and I was down 50 Lbs. Then I went all the way back up. I truly wasn't expecting to gain it back so I had no clothes to wear anymore. I gave them all alway. I went shopping and bought the most pathetic clothing anyone could find. Black/Brown or Gray Capri pants made of cotton and drawstring and tons of huge TShirts. I was literally depressed.

Well, that's long past me and all those clothes are long gone too. :) I buy so many outfits now I barely have any room to store them anymore. Ohhh what a sad problem to have now!

Here's an idea, I went out and bought me a goal outfit. Size 8 Jeans. I had a few large tops too. Once I fitted in those I started shopping all the time! LOL Have fun!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Right now my wardrobe choices are so limited. For me it's black slacks and some sort of top for work. Pretty monotonous. I'm going to try to set aside two or three bucks for every pound loss and keep in a jar until I reach my goal. And then, celebration shopping spree will definitely be in order! I know there will be some make-do sizes & needs in between, but I'm going to try to do second hand as much as possible as I move towards my goal.

I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO YOUR POST! I hated shopping, NOW I LOVE IT! I feel like a model in the dressing room EVERYTHING looks good, I just can't afford to buy it all LOL!

OMGOSH I'm jumping out of my skin right now because I feel like I'm about to give you the best news ever, ready????...

YOU WILL LOVE SHOPPING TOO I PROMISE!!!

AND YOU WILL WEAR THAT WHITE DRESS AND FEEL FABULOUS IN IT!!!!!!

Remember to post a picture of you in your white dress OK???

smile.png

I havent had surgery yet, BUT I do have a goal that I thought sounded weird, but really isnt....I want to be able to have on a pair of jeans, a TUCKED in shirt with a belt and feel sexy in it! lol I have never felt comfortable in a tucked in shirt ever, so I want to be able to do that. To me, that will be a huge thing to look forward to, so whatever goal you have that you strive for, is completely worth it to have, if you are able to accomplish it. And, of course, you will so it's all about the future from here, baby! :)

I've ALWAYS loved shopping!! I hope it doesn't get too much worse!!! I have 4 closets of gorgeous, PLUS size clothing that I have to part with... I'm okay.. I think.. .LOL... I'm praying that I can find something to wear to my dr appt tomorrow...

Unlike a lot of people, I don't have multiple sizes of clothing.. I've been the same size for 8 years!! I may have 2 sizes.. both of which are too big! YEAH!!!!!

I have a few more weeks before I go back to work, so I'm hoping I can find a few nice things in 2 sizes at a time to tide me over.... Here's to SHOPPING!!!

I havent had surgery yet, BUT I do have a goal that I thought sounded weird, but really isnt....I want to be able to have on a pair of jeans, a TUCKED in shirt with a belt and feel sexy in it! lol I have never felt comfortable in a tucked in shirt ever, so I want to be able to do that. To me, that will be a huge thing to look forward to, so whatever goal you have that you strive for, is completely worth it to have, if you are able to accomplish it. And, of course, you will so it's all about the future from here, baby! :)

I have good news for you...YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TUCK THAT SHIRT IN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I've ALWAYS loved shopping!! I hope it doesn't get too much worse!!! I have 4 closets of gorgeous, PLUS size clothing that I have to part with... I'm okay.. I think.. .LOL... I'm praying that I can find something to wear to my dr appt tomorrow... Unlike a lot of people, I don't have multiple sizes of clothing.. I've been the same size for 8 years!! I may have 2 sizes.. both of which are too big! YEAH!!!!! I have a few more weeks before I go back to work, so I'm hoping I can find a few nice things in 2 sizes at a time to tide me over.... Here's to SHOPPING!!!

GIRRRRRRRRRRL! You are gonna go craaaaaazzzy shopping!!! So many, many, many choices! It's INSANE!

Congrats on getting your date! You will go through so many sizes during this journey. Goodwill will be your best friend. LOL

I can't wait to buy clothes again. Honestly, the more I crept up to being a solid 26/28 the more discourged I was in buying clothes. I think the last nice dress I bought was a size 26 and it was honestly a bit tight, I probably needed a 28. The fact that I was beginning to max out of plus size stores is what scared me the most. That was in September. Most of my adult life I've been a 22/24 which is still big, but I felt I looked good.

I walked past a Victoria's Secret the other day and told my mom, "Hey, Ill be able to buy from there!" Ahhh... to finally know Victoria's Secret....lol That would be a win-win with the hubby, I tell ya that!

Cheers to SHOPPING!!! :)

I've got all this stuff in vacuum bags in the garage - everything from size 5 to size 14. I'll be glad when I can get into petite clothes again (the cut off is 12 or 14). I think I will end up as a size 6 which is around 135 for me. At 110-120 pounds I was wearing a size 3. That's where my surgeon said I should be. I think that's a bit low, but we'll see. I was VERY thin then. I'm 5'1" BTW. I don't mean to be crass, but my husband is going to miss the boobies. I won't. HAHAHAHA!!!

I did a little closet organizing in the past few days - mostly grouping sizes together for when I go down in sizes (knock on wood!!). I seem to have the most in size 20 or 18/20. I think I spent quite a few years hovering at that size before I had my son and blossomed up to 22.

I think almost everything I wear now is black, navy or brown (I have a few items in other colors I rarely wear). I have several beautiful linen dresses that I'd love, love, love to be in by summer but I think that'll be a stretch. I'd need to be down under 190 I think and that might be a little ambitious, but maybe by the end of summer.

I'm looking forward to feeling good about being in pictures again. My son is three and I've so avoided the camera since he was born! I'm also looking forward to swimming with my son this summer. Hopefully I'll not be totally embarrassed to be in a swim suit of some sort by summer.

I kept all my clothes on the way up - when my whole "weight gain" thing started, it was supposed to be temporary. I was only supposed to gain weight when I was on the huge steroid treatments. Unfortunately, they caused tumors and now that I'm getting those treated and having the sleeve, I'll be all set. But its only been 4 years, so I have lots of basics that are still relevant in every size for the trip back down :)