Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have suggestions on Bariatric Vitamins? I've never been the type to have a "regimen" of pills to take. So along with the PPI, I'd like to have a once a day Vitamin that would give me the entire day's value in one chunk. Am I only dreaming?

You might be able to find a liquid or chewable Vitamin formulated specifically for bariatrics that will give you your whole dose in one shot, but I'm not sure you should trust it. According to my dieticians (I had two) there are some things, like Calcium, that you can't absorb more than 1/3rd your RDA at one time.

FWIW, they have me on a generic chewable Flintstones Vitamin 2x a day, 1 20mg Prilosec in the morning, and 2 Tums Extra Strength in between meals (away from the Prilosec and the Flintstones). I'm supposed to be doing monthly B12 injections but I hate needles so starting next month I will be doing the sublingual tabs.

Pre-surgery I was taking a 1-a-day women's Multivitamin from Rainbow Light which was HUGE and hard to swallow. I understand wanting to get it over with one pill but you have to take so many different things after surgery, it might just be easier to break it into smaller pills. Plus, depending on your surgeon, you might be restricted from swallowing pills for awhile post-op.

Good luck, you'll figure it out.

I'm still taking as many chewables as possible at 3.5 months out. I take a Centrum chewable in the morning, two Tums twice a day, a sublingual B12 daily, and a Biotin that I swallow. I tried switching to a non-chewable multi, but it didn't sit well in Rex yet. I'll try again in a few months.

I can swallow some pills, Biotin and my asthma meds and coumadin. They are all VERY small, though.

I am taking Bariatric Advantage.

2 multi Vitamins (chewable a day)

1 Iron supplement (chewable)

1 Calcium supplement (crystals you dissolve in water) but was also told I could take Vicatv (not sure if thats the name but they are the choclate chewy ones you can buy at the grocery store

2 Vitamin D (1000 each time)

According to the dietician at my clinic you have to take the supplements over a days time for maximum effectiveness. Your body can only absorb so much at a time.

I'm taking optisource Post Bariatric Surgery Formula which is manufactured by Nestle. The taste is good, and the reviews are great. 4 a day are required--I set my alarm to take them 4 hours apart daily. The cost is about 24/month if you take them everyday. Amazon has a subscribe and save option which lowers the cost.

Here is the link: optisource Vitamins

I'm taking Centrum chewables which you can get at Walmart and vitafusion calciums which I look forward to taking because they are sooo good.