Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My biggest success Post-VSG

So, least to say, this week has been eventful, and I want to thank you all for the messages, good thoughts, prayers, and support sent our way this week. I apologize I haven't replied, it's just been hectic.

Sunday, I woke up feeling very exhausted, and feeling lots of pressure in my pelvis and back. I just kept on getting things ready for the week, checking things off the list, and hanging out at the house. I laid down for a nap around 1pm, and woke up at 4pm to lots of pressure, and general cramping, just thinking it was normal Braxton Hicks pains, I didn't reallze I was in full active LABOR.

Around, 5pm, we headed to Labor and Delivery just because I started feeling pretty weak. We get there, get hooked up, I'm having major contractions, and they checked me, dilated to 3cm, 50% efaced and already at -1 station. WHEW, I do admit I have a huge pain tolerance, and I never labored with my son so I was pretty oblivious to what all labor entailed. The doctors were amazed that I was tolerating everything so well. But, they knew I couldn't deliver vaginally so the pressure was on to get me prepped.

Now, the time crunch begins to get me to the OR. Prepped and ready to go, Csection went off without any issue, my labs looked stellar, and at 9:33pm, Tatum entered this world screaming, kicking, flailing and ready to bring joy into our little world. We just arrived home today, both of us are doing great. I've already lost about 12-13lbs of the weight gained, but I'm retaining fluids, weaning off the prednisone. Breastfeeding has been a great success except my supply is way down, and we're supplementing due to her weight dropping pretty quickly. We're doing 70/30 breast/bottle. It's what is best for both of us. I'm trying ot eat more food since they would like me to hit about 2500-3000 calories a day to support both of us, but as we all know that's pretty touch without eating pure slider foods, and junk. However, I'm doing what is working for both of us, and confident with our choices thus far. She came out rooting around, latched immediately and has made it very easy on me and her. Our nights and days are mixed up, but I've gotten good at napping with her.

30 October 2011, 9:33pm, Weight 7lb 4.9oz 19inch long Perfect in every way. So far, blonde haired, blue -eyed ! ! !

"I'M HERE"

100_2112.jpg

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_2114.jpg

WP_000268.jpg

PrettyBow.jpg

Pretty.jpg

sleeping.jpg

adorable, congrats!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!

Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Your baby is beautiful and healthy. Parents look good too! I am so glad everything turned out great for you and your family. :woot:

Awwww, Tiff, SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!! congt=ratulations on a job well done!!! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly and that you're both doing well. Happy Mommyhood (again)!!

She smiled for a photo on her first day in this world - I love that!! She is gorgeous. Congrats!

All my best to you the Mister, C, and Little Mss Tatum! So very happy for you and your family. Congratulations.

Beautiful! I truly am happy for you!! Congratulations!

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Huge congratulations to you and your family, and welcome to the world Tatum!

Congrats!!! She is gorgeous!!!! The picture of her sitting up is amazing!!! I'm glad everything went okay and that your family has increased!

Your post brought me such joy. I couldn't help thinking that she is your perfect reward after your long road through vsg complications and becoming healthy. She is beautiful. Congratulations!

She looks prettier than a newborn, congrats to all!

Tiffykins - Tatum is beautiful! Smell her head for me. I love that baby-head smell! Thanks for sharing your happy story with us. I am smiling now and filled with joy for you and yours.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Lynda

What a beautiful girl! I am so glad to hear things have gone so well.