Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The only cereal on my "approved" list from the dr, is the Koshi "go lean" cereal. but even so, I stay away from that and choose more Protein options for Breakfast.

Good luck

I have tried several different cereals because it was on my approved foods list at 6 weeks out. I found that my favorite was granola, but it's definitely not something that I eat on a regular basis. I used to eat HUGE bowls of it all the time, now I'm good if I go weeks on end without having it. Go figure.

I've eaten Puffins (Original) a few times. It tastes kind of like a low sugar Cap'n Crunch. I find it at the health food stores. I love it, but I'm gonna stop buying it. I find that eating sugar and barely any Protein in the morning just makes me crave things and really sets the head hunger into motion all morning long. I have a feeling this may be a common reaction and that is why you don't hear a lot of people talking about eating it...they don't!!...and for good reason.

I bought Kashi puffed rice instead which is lower in carbs/sugar and that does nothing for me...might as well eat styrofoam peanuts. So I think I'm giving up on cereal, I wasn't a big cereal eater before surgery anyway. I am going to go back to my part protein/part sweet standby Breakfast of cottage cheese and peaches...or cottage cheese and applesauce.

My go-to sweet breakfast on the weekends is Oasis brand low carb bread (6 carbs per slice) and a little Peanut Butter and fruit spread...this is my Saturday morning treat. Way fewer carbs and I get the Protein in with the Peanut Butter.< /p>

Cereal has been allowed by my surgeon since fairly early out. I eat it every now and then, but avoid it most of the time because of the high carbs.

I try not to eat cereal too often because it just lacks nutritional value. I try to get as much Protein as possible in the morning. Bacon and eggs and no bread. When I do have cereal, I eat the Kashi brand, it seems as good as any. The one thing that has stuck with me more than anything is what my NUT told me, do not eat it if it does not have nutritional value. When we are restricted to about 4oz, I want to make it count with protein. Remember what we were told at the beginning, protein first.

Cereal was a huge trigger food for me, I used to snack on it right out of the box (terrible, terrible habit) and it didn't matter what kind...sugary, non-sugary, it was just me consuming empty calories. So it had to go bye bye for me to do well with my sleeve. I do believe that cereal and milk at the same time violates the don't eat and drink @ the same time rule, so I would say no to cereal and milk together.

I did however go through a time when I would sprinkle granola into my yogurt, but granola can sometimes be loaded with sugar and is not a low-calorie food...I found it to be a slippery slope so I had to say goodbye to the granola too.

Sorry I wish I had better news for you. However I wouldn't trade the -80lbs that are gone from my body for a bowl of cereal for any day!

I'm allowed to eat it, but there isn't a reason to :) I don't really like it and it doesn't have any nutritional value.

I have tried several different cereals because it was on my approved foods list at 6 weeks out. I found that my favorite was granola, but it's definitely not something that I eat on a regular basis. I used to eat HUGE bowls of it all the time, now I'm good if I go weeks on end without having it. Go figure.

Same here.. I'm a sucker for granola cereal.

I eat a very small serving with fat free milk once in a blue moon. The carbs are too high to justify it more often than that although the extra boost of Fiber is nice. I just make sure I'm extra good & virtuous the rest of the day carb-wise.

I have been eating cereal since about three months out. I needed the fiber. I ONLY eat Kellogg's Special K high Protein cereal. It has 10 grams of protein (before milk) and 5 grams of fiber and 14 grams carbs at only 100 calories per 3/4 cup. I add a 1/4 cup HEB Dark chocolate Granola for taste. I think I end up at about 230 calories when I add the granola and milk. Best breakfast ever (for me)!

I have been eating cereal since about three months out. I needed the fiber. I ONLY eat Kellogg's Special K high Protein cereal. It has 10 grams of Protein (before milk) and 5 grams of fiber and 14 grams carbs at only 100 calories per 3/4 cup. I add a 1/4 cup HEB Dark chocolate Granola for taste. I think I end up at about 230 calories when I add the granola and milk. Best breakfast ever (for me)!

We were recommended Speicial K Protein also. I keep a box handy for if I know I will need breakfast after arriving at work. I can get a small skim milk from the machine so I keep a baggy of the cereal in my desk. It's not an every day thing but maybe once every other week. I really like having options like this as I get sick of the same thing over and over.

It is one of the few things I use artificial sweetner on as I think it's rather flat without a bit of added taste.

I used to overeat on Cereal and only liked the sweet kinds. So now I don't do cereal. My nut said it was ok, just look for one with Protein and Fiber. But not worth it to me. I'd rather spend the calories on an egg and some turkey bacon.

I started eating cereal and my weight loss slowed way down. Too many carbs/sugars I guess and I was eating the low sugar cereal! I stopped eating it and started losing fast again.