Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a hematoma at the area of my largest incision (where the stomach was removed). Some blood still drains from the incision area, and my surgeon has told me that it should either drain out or reabsorb on its own. There are a couple times (I'm just over two weeks out from surgery) that it flattened out and I thought it was almost gone, but it seems like it refills and sticks around. It's a bit smaller than it was right after surgery, and discomfort is minor, so I'm not really worried, just mildly annoyed.

I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with this, what their experience was and how long it took to resolve itself. Thanks!

I looked it up on webmd and they say that it normally goes away within 2 - 4 weeks. Some things you can do to help speed it along are:

Rest

applying warm heat and gentle massage of the area

Compression (like an ace bandage wrap but not too tightly)

Elevate the area when you can. Lie on your side when resting and try to keep that area elevated above your heart to help reduce the swelling in that area.

Make sure you keep an eye on it and it doesn't look like it's becoming infected.

Hope this helps,

Renee`

I was trying to imagine him lying with a bunch of pillows under the butt to elevate it above his heart. The image and impossibility of it made me laugh.

Seeing all the bits and sores helped me to remember I was still healing on the inside as well as the outside. Annoying I know, but this too shall pass.

Thank you for the info!!! The incision is closing nicely (no sign of infection), and I'm pleasantly surprised at how little the scarring is from all the laproscopic incisions...they shaved my belly, but once the hair grows back I don't think any of the scars will be very noticable. Now to find a yoga position to sleep in to keep my tummy up lol... :)

ROFL!

yeah I totally lied, I just wanted to see what kind of odd positions I could make you get into :P lol

Let me know how that works out for ya hahahhaha

XOXO Renee`

P.S. it really *did* say that though!

There are some methods using natural material to treat hematoma. You should consider and pick up the suitable one for you.
1. Roll the Egg

Eggs have a very good effect in the treatment for how to get rid of hematoma and bruise. On the surface of egg, there have a lot of tiny holes which are tiny small pipes leading to the heart of gold.

When using this method, you need to boil the egg then roll up quickly on the bruises and hematoma areas when it is still hot. It will create pressure to suck the black blood into the heart of gold. Keep trying this procedure, and hematoma will disappear quickly.

2. Apply Cold

Ice is one of the very first home remedies for how to treat a hematoma at home that you should think of initially. It not only helps you feel comfortable, relax from pain but also stimulates blood vessel so that they can contract and reduce the risk of swelling. As a result, bruise will be blurred and risk will be limited. Cold compress is also one of the natural home remedies for puffy eyes.

3. Apply Hot

One day after applying the ice method, you should use a hot towel to apply on the hematoma skin areas. This will help to ease blood circulation and speed up the treatment for how to get rid of a hematoma.

Click this link to get more information: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-treat-a-hematoma/