Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couldn't finish the treadmill Stress test

I am soo disappointed in myself. I couldn't even walk 4 minutes on the treadmill without gasping for air! I had to stop the test because i just couldn't go anymore. They ended up doing the nuclear stress test with medication. I hate not being able to breath when i do basic daily things. I just hope and pray all goes well so i can have the sleeve done :(

I feel bad for you. There is no way I could do a test like that and I know this because I tried at mayo clinic and had to stop it as well. I've always wondered why they didn't just do it with meds to begin with instead of putting me through the humiliation of failing. I really hope this doesn't impact your surgery! I don't think it will, they're just testing your heart right? They probably found no problems and you'll be ready to go in no time! ;)

Renee`

Thank you so very much Renee. That means a lot. And im sorry you went thru this as well. WOW congrats on losing your weight! YOu must be sooo proud!! I hope it doesn't impact my surgery. I already know how over-weight i am. And yesterday just proved to me again that i need to do this for me :) Take care Renee and keep up the good work!! I hope to be where you are someday!

I've not had a stress test and I don't really know what it involves, but I DO know I hate failing at anything, so I can relate on that level for sure. It doesn't even mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it still gives an excuse to beat up on yourself...as though we need one more of those. I'm glad there was an alternative.

LOL weight! er...WAIT! My ticker is just confusing, that's how much I NEED to lose, I haven't lost an ounce yet so I'm still right there with ya ;)

In fact, skip all this pre-op crap and come with me to Mexico and have yours done too on May 25th...WOOT! Party in Mexicali! LOL

XOXO Renee`

Thanks Swizzly

Renee, i just might have to do that. After all the tests ive done, and all the money for the tests that i have put out already, i might have to show proof of a morbid obese diagnosis for the past 5 years. Which i do not have. I was laid off in 2009 so i have not seen a doctor every year. I just found this out yesterday so my heart is just about to break. Waiting to hear from my Surgeon's office. My insurance gives me different answers everyday. So maybe i might be going to mexico! how much is your surgery?

Thanks Swizzly

Renee, i just might have to do that. After all the tests ive done, and all the money for the tests that i have put out already, i might have to show proof of a morbid obese diagnosis for the past 5 years. Which i do not have. I was laid off in 2009 so i have not seen a doctor every year. I just found this out yesterday so my heart is just about to break. Waiting to hear from my Surgeon's office. My insurance gives me different answers everyday. So maybe i might be going to mexico! how much is your surgery?

My insurance said that they required the 5 year history too. my surgeons office sent my packet in without it though and I got approved. I have heard of others doing the same thing. Keep your head up and don't give up. don't sit around and wait for things to happen to you though. you go out and make things happen.

good luck and welcome to the VST

Thank you Jim!! That is very encouraging!! I won't stop! I can' live like this anymore. Thanks for the info!!