Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow forummers!So here is some of my story........

I am one of 4 siblings.......whom are all 1/2 brothers and sisters, I might add.

I'm not only the oldest but was forever the "Heavy" one in the family of beanstalks.

My sister is 5'6" and has always been a svelte130 lbs.

My mom is 5'8" and never saw above 130, even having 4 kids.

My Stepdad is 6' and 175 lbs

My two brothers are both well over 6' tall and about 180 lbs each.

Me? Well, I'm 5'3" and struggled to stay at 130 through high school, with my parents always making nice little comments about anything I put in my mouth. My moms favorite thing to do was pinch my thigh and say, "You're gettin a little chunky these days!". My stepdad used to tell me that one day I'd grow into my arms.....(I have wide shoulders and I guess my arms stuck out a little from my body......he meant I would fill up that gap). All my life I have felt FAT and UGLY. All my life I have hated my body. All my life I have hated food. I even hated myself after my first child was born and I was back at 130 lbs. I still felt FAT.

I see pictures of me THEN, and I'm like, OMG! I was a stick!!! Why did my parents always think I was so overweight???????

Well, after an unfortunate reaction to Norplant birth control in 1994......I began my journey as the true fat one in my family. I guess I finally lived up to my families expectations.....without even WANTING to! I gained 90 lbs in less than 3 months. So long post birth 130 lbs! Hello 208. :( Then, I got pregnant with my daughter........hello 298. :(

1995 - 208 lbs

1996 - 298 lbs.

1998 - 145 lbs (Advocare products)

2000 - 208 lbs

2001 - 150 lbs (Divorce diet...lol)

2003 - 185 lbs

2005 - 140 lbs (2 jobs, depression, 3 hrs of sleep, living on Peanut Butter, unhealthy)

2006 - 190 lbs

2007 - 140 lbs (moved, broke, stopped eating, unhealthy)

2008 - 180 lbs

2009 - 145 lbs (straight alcohol diet) lovely and extremely stupid.

2011 - 211 lbs

So when I tell my mom about my surgery, she says, "You look fine and I'm sure you can lose it by yourself."

OMG I wanted to stick a fork in my own eye!!!!!! Hello, Earth to Mom! I've 'done it by myself' SIX times!

She didn't approve of my surgery and didn't speak to me for 3 weeks prior to my surgery, and that was just fine with me....I didn't need the stress.

So now I have the sleeve. I'm down 25+ lbs in the weeks since surgery and my self confidence is already coming back!

My husband loves my smile, the fact that I'm not hiding from him behind the covers, bathrobes and etc. has improved our sex life.

I just can't say anything negative right now.......except I'm bored to death with liquids! LOL!

So, here's to the gal who used to be "chunky".......

and here's to the WOMAN who will not be held back by weight issues ANY MORE!!!!!!!

Cheers ya'll! and thanks for listening!!!!!

Christal

Christal, thanks for sharing your story. I am also the only heavy sibling of 4...it's so unfair! Congrats on your sleeve - it sounds like you're rockin' it! B)

Loved your post, congrats on taking such a positive step!!

Crystal,

Congrats on putting all that history behind you. We all have a history of dealing with our fat, they just all vary a bit. Enjoy the new soon to be skinny you.

[

Love your post and your UP attitude. I just started full liquids, so I may survive these first few weeks :) Keep up the good work and the wonderful spirits...later...Kathe

INSPIRATIONAL! Thanks for sharing!