Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to admit I just started exercising

I'm now over 5 months and just started walking. I know this is not good and my doctor was not happy about it. I have a lot of excuses why I haven't exercised, I live in NY and its cold, I work full time and go to school full time plus my family but I'm only hurting myself. Anyways this week I made up my mind and started walking but now I have bad knee pain with just a few days of walking. Do you just deal with the pain, will I mess up my knee? I still have about 65 pounds to lose on my 5 2 body. any advice? thanks janine

I would say that you should see your doctor. Still walk until you get in to see them just take it easy...maybe 1/2 mile at a time. Did you ever have this pain before? Could you have twisted it?

I think it would depend on what kind of pain your having. Is it sharp shooting pain? or can you not put much weight on it? Then stop and go directly to the doctor. Is it just sore from maybe too much too soon? Maybe slow down ( or walk shorter distances) and let it feel better before really going at it again. If it lingers, head back to the doctors I'm afraid. Let us know how your doing

You can also try swimming or the recumbent bike. I have knee issues and I use those (and I still have 90 lbs to lose, so you are in better shape than me :-)). But, also a good idea to check with your doc for suggestions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches