Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recovery from surgery is boring. I'm not really hungry anymore. I don't want anymore juice. I can't go swimming. And I think I need to wait a couple more weeks before I start my new life, you know?

I kind of want to go back to Mexico and get *another* surgery because it was more interesting than sitting here making Protein shakes and changing my tedious gauze. All the drama happens beforehand, this part is just incredibly dull.

I had a little bit of drama yesterday when I got diarrhea and it came out green. I mean *emerald* green. I don't even own a color that major. I wrote to Gaby last night, she told me it was the blue dye from the leak test a week ago, can you believe that? I thought I was dying, I thought my liver was doing its last River Dance before it exploded.

Yawn. Anyway. Drama solved. Back to watching the paint dry.

I feel your boredom. I am a little bit over 2 weeks out from a gastric sleeve plication and am back to work. However, I wasn't up to going on Spring Break with my family, so they went without me. So I'm stuck here going to work and going home to an empty house. I am bored, bored, bored, and it's driving me crazy. They don't get back until late Saturday, so my monotony doesn't end for a few more days. Plus, I keep getting these updates on Facebook about what a fabulous and exciting time they are having without me.Yes, the surgery was my decision, and I don't regret it. However, the boredom is getting to me, and I"m feeling a tad bit bitter about being left home alone, although I didn't want them to have to miss a vacation due to my surgery. A bundle of contradictions, that's what I am today.Hang in there!Amy

Today is my 13th day post-up. I'm still bored but i played my Facebook games. I went for a job interview on monday, Got hired tuesday and on thurs have to go to training. Anyway i still get tired fast. On Monday i went outside for the first time since being home from the hospital. My surgery was on 3/24 and i was finally released on sat 3/26. Slept alot the first couple of days. Now i just get tired really fast. Went to pay my coned bill and shopped for some Water and juices. Came home took a nap. Got ready for my intreview. came home fell asleep again. Tueday went out for a short walk slept and got hired. Did paperwork for about 1/2 hour. Came home slept again. I still fine myself not hungry, so far i have my 3 oz of Protein. took 2 hours to drink. When i'm not playing farmville or fishville, i'm reading or knitting or puzzles circle find and fill ins are my favorite.

Recovery from surgery is boring. I'm not really hungry anymore. I don't want anymore juice. I can't go swimming. And I think I need to wait a couple more weeks before I start my new life, you know?

I kind of want to go back to Mexico and get *another* surgery because it was more interesting than sitting here making Protein shakes and changing my tedious gauze. All the drama happens beforehand, this part is just incredibly dull.

I had a little bit of drama yesterday when I got diarrhea and it came out green. I mean *emerald* green. I don't even own a color that major. I wrote to Gaby last night, she told me it was the blue dye from the leak test a week ago, can you believe that? I thought I was dying, I thought my liver was doing its last River Dance before it exploded.

Hey Crosswind, I feel your boredom pain! I went back to work Monday just to have something to do. I am sick of all the water-based Protein powders and flavored drinks in my house. I just got a shipment today from bariatric pantry with some Syntrax nectar powder samples... it was like freakin' Christmas! I poured the half-empty shaker bottle of boring junk I was drinking down the drain, closed my eyes and pointed to a random sample packet. And the winner was... caribbean cooler. Well, it wasn't a rum-runner and it sure didn't make me feel like I was on the beach, but it sure as hell beats the stuff I've had since getting home from surgery.

My only drama has been my blood pressure since getting home from Mexicali. Thirty minutes after I got to work Monday, I thought I was gonna faint. I checked my BP and it spiked up to like 160/110. I called my PCP and he called in a second BP script for me. Wihin two hours it was under control. I contacted Gaby too. Dr. Aceves said it happens with some patients. Not certain why... maybe stress from surgery or anesthesia, or withrdawl from those awesome pain meds in Mexico!

Good luck with the boredom. Post-Op Diet Phase 2 is just a few days away!

I am concerned about this for when I am post-op cause I am pretty sure a lot of my eating pre-op has been out of boredom and for entertainment. I am planning on trying to stay busy by doing things like walking, participating on these message boards, shopping, etc. I would love to go on a vacation but I probably won't be able to afford it after self paying for my sleeve. I might be able to swing a couple of short weekend trips to visit family.

Yes, the first couple of weeks sucks for a myriad of reasons. Just gut your way through it - try to read some books, watch your favorite movies, do a little light housework. Going back to work after 2 weeks was great because I had somethign to do, but I was so exhausted, I couldn't concentrate. Week 4 is a shining light at the end of the tunnel - you'll feel better and start eating more interesting things.

I shed a few tears over food boredom in my first couple of weeks. The first couple weeks is the hardest part for sure!

Hang in there--

Lara

Three words for everyone who is bored - Turner Classic Movies. There- you have your relief from boredom and your substitute addiction all in one!

No ads- and wonderful wonderful movies. Watch out for 4/10- 24 hours of Elizabeth Taylor movies. Can't wait!

Interesting how when food is off the playing field boredom comes in.

As for YOU- I know what you can do- write some more things for US! At least you will take care of everyone else boredom, and fill your time too.

If you are soo bored you should be walking the halls and talking with people that has had the same surgery you had and maybe makes some new friends..

Ditto for the boredom! I feel your pain! I'm 6 days post-op and I am about to climb up the walls. I'm bored with Clear Liquids, bored of being inside, even bored with my bed. I'm at work now, and guess what, it is a BORING night! The weather is suppose to be nice this weekend, I'm definately going to have to get out and about. Cabin fever is setting in!

Hey Crosswind, I feel your boredom pain! I went back to work Monday just to have something to do. I am sick of all the water-based Protein powders and flavored drinks in my house. I just got a shipment today from bariatric pantry with some Syntrax nectar powder samples... it was like freakin' Christmas! I poured the half-empty shaker bottle of boring junk I was drinking down the drain, closed my eyes and pointed to a random sample packet. And the winner was... caribbean cooler. Well, it wasn't a rum-runner and it sure didn't make me feel like I was on the beach, but it sure as hell beats the stuff I've had since getting home from surgery.

My only drama has been my blood pressure since getting home from Mexicali. Thirty minutes after I got to work Monday, I thought I was gonna faint. I checked my BP and it spiked up to like 160/110. I called my PCP and he called in a second BP script for me. Wihin two hours it was under control. I contacted Gaby too. Dr. Aceves said it happens with some patients. Not certain why... maybe stress from surgery or anesthesia, or withrdawl from those awesome pain meds in Mexico!

Good luck with the boredom. Post-Op Diet Phase 2 is just a few days away!

:) Hey Indiana, you lost 40 pounds already? Christ on a cracker.

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothering Gaby. I think I've written her ten emails. And yep, I am so bored I am counting the days before I can have cream of broccoli Soup and butterscotch pudding...

I know, y'all, it's just boring, right? I watched two back to back episodes of "Ancients Behaving Badlly" on the History Channel, took a nap, and then went back to the TV room until I heard what the voiceover was saying on the "How It's Made" show:

"Just imagine, for a moment, what life would be like without....PACKAGING..."

Ugghhh.

I know, y'all, it's just boring, right? I watched two back to back episodes of "Ancients Behaving Badlly" on the History Channel, took a nap, and then went back to the TV room until I heard what the voiceover was saying on the "How It's Made" show:

"Just imagine, for a moment, what life would be like without....PACKAGING..."

Ugghhh.

I think you could be shocked and amused out of your boredom if you just watch "Extreme Couponing". My darling husband (and video guy for my vlog) and I came home from my last dinner before liquid diet/my son's birthday dinner at the Outback and are literally open mouthed watching it- seriously the first woman we see looks like she experiences sexual desire while shopping with her coupons. Scary? Yes! Funny? VERY!

ps its on tlc

I think you could be shocked and amused out of your boredom if you just watch "Extreme Couponing". My darling husband (and video guy for my vlog) and I came home from my last dinner before liquid diet/my son's birthday dinner at the Outback and are literally open mouthed watching it- seriously the first woman we see looks like she experiences sexual desire while shopping with her coupons. Scary? Yes! Funny? VERY!

ps its on tlc

Lol meggie, I gotta check that out.