Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, I am new to TT and am anxious to participate and to see what everybody else has to say about their VSG journey. I started my journey in November of 2010 and finally had my surgery on March 16th, 2011. I had an awesome experience with everyone involved with my case. My surgeorn was Dr. Wisbach at Balboa Navy Hospital in San Diego, Ca and everyone on his team was super friendly and helpful. They helped me all along the way. I went in on Wednesday, March 16th at 11:00 am and had surgery at about 12:30 and was in recovery by 3:00 pm. My Dr. came in to see me in recovery and as groggy as I still was, he assured me that he was very pleased with the outcome. I remained in the hospital until Friday the 18th and couldn't have been happier to get rid of that stupid IV and to be in the comfort of my own home! I am very blessed and happy to report that I had a great experience with hardly any discomfort at all. I have not had to take any pain meds and have been recovering remarkably well. I have really had to concentrate on getting my 70 grams of Protein in, but it seems to get easier every day. Fortunately I haven't had an issue with nausea or vomiting. Not even once! I have been drinking Protein Shakes, (2 a day at 30 grams each) and have been sipping on chicken and beef broth that have 15 grams of protein each. So, so far not too bad. My weight on the day of surgery was 204 and honestly I have not weighed myself since. I am waiting for at least one week to go by so that I can get rid of the excess Water from all the saline and get rid of this bloating! I've been trying to walk around the house as much as I can and doing light cooking and housework, in hopes to continue toward a speedy recovery. So overall, I'd have to say I'm so glad that I had the surgery, but happy it's done and over with.

Congratulations to you! Mine is the 8th of April and I hope for an experience such as yours. You didn't even need pain meds at the hospital? WOW. thank you so for joining us. It sooooooo helps those of us about to have the surgery!

Hi there, I am new to TT and am anxious to participate and to see what everybody else has to say about their VSG journey. I started my journey in November of 2010 and finally had my surgery on March 16th, 2011. I had an awesome experience with everyone involved with my case. My surgeorn was Dr. Wisbach at Balboa Navy Hospital in San Diego, Ca and everyone on his team was super friendly and helpful. They helped me all along the way. I went in on Wednesday, March 16th at 11:00 am and had surgery at about 12:30 and was in recovery by 3:00 pm. My Dr. came in to see me in recovery and as groggy as I still was, he assured me that he was very pleased with the outcome. I remained in the hospital until Friday the 18th and couldn't have been happier to get rid of that stupid IV and to be in the comfort of my own home! I am very blessed and happy to report that I had a great experience with hardly any discomfort at all. I have not had to take any pain meds and have been recovering remarkably well. I have really had to concentrate on getting my 70 grams of Protein in, but it seems to get easier every day. Fortunately I haven't had an issue with nausea or vomiting. Not even once! I have been drinking Protein Shakes, (2 a day at 30 grams each) and have been sipping on chicken and beef broth that have 15 grams of protein each. So, so far not too bad. My weight on the day of surgery was 204 and honestly I have not weighed myself since. I am waiting for at least one week to go by so that I can get rid of the excess Water from all the saline and get rid of this bloating! I've been trying to walk around the house as much as I can and doing light cooking and housework, in hopes to continue toward a speedy recovery. So overall, I'd have to say I'm so glad that I had the surgery, but happy it's done and over with.

Yep, that Water weight afte surgery can be significant. I waited more than a week. I think I remember on day 6 I woke up and could feel that I lost several inches of Water overnight - I was peeing a lot too :-)

I am 3 weeks out and my stomach is still swollen - I have lost a good amount of weight but I can still barely button my jeans.

Congrats!!

Hi there, I am new to TT and am anxious to participate and to see what everybody else has to say about their VSG journey. I started my journey in November of 2010 and finally had my surgery on March 16th, 2011. I had an awesome experience with everyone involved with my case. My surgeorn was Dr. Wisbach at Balboa Navy Hospital in San Diego, Ca and everyone on his team was super friendly and helpful. They helped me all along the way. I went in on Wednesday, March 16th at 11:00 am and had surgery at about 12:30 and was in recovery by 3:00 pm. My Dr. came in to see me in recovery and as groggy as I still was, he assured me that he was very pleased with the outcome. I remained in the hospital until Friday the 18th and couldn't have been happier to get rid of that stupid IV and to be in the comfort of my own home! I am very blessed and happy to report that I had a great experience with hardly any discomfort at all. I have not had to take any pain meds and have been recovering remarkably well. I have really had to concentrate on getting my 70 grams of Protein in, but it seems to get easier every day. Fortunately I haven't had an issue with nausea or vomiting. Not even once! I have been drinking Protein shakes, (2 a day at 30 grams each) and have been sipping on chicken and beef broth that have 15 grams of protein each. So, so far not too bad. My weight on the day of surgery was 204 and honestly I have not weighed myself since. I am waiting for at least one week to go by so that I can get rid of the excess Water from all the saline and get rid of this bloating! I've been trying to walk around the house as much as I can and doing light cooking and housework, in hopes to continue toward a speedy recovery. So overall, I'd have to say I'm so glad that I had the surgery, but happy it's done and over with.

Glad to hear everything went so smoothly, that what i hope for, smooth and least painful recovery. congradulations on your new lease on life!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I am happy to report that I am 3 weeks post op today and down 14 lbs., 190 baby!!!!! Very exciting for me especially that everyone that has seen me since surgery can really tell I've lost some weight! Woo hoo! I've still been feeling great, except for the Vitamins and my tummy are having a hard time adjusting to each other. I hear that this too shall pass. I had my first meal out yesterday with a friend. We went to Mimi's Cafe for Breakfast and I ordered the same omeIet that I usually do, but of course, ate at the most 1/4 of it. No biggie, I just had some for breakfast this a.m. So down with one of my biggest fears, eating out! It was pleasant to sit there and make the meal about conversation instead of about the food. She even commented to me that I was a big inspiration to her and she ended up only eating half of her meal! That typically would not have happened to either one of us. So all in all it was good, just a little time consuming. Now just trying to work on an eating, taking vitamins, drinking liquids, getting in enough Protein, eating the right things (whew!) schedule! It's going to take some time I know, but I'm headed in the right direction! Bye all.

Congrats on your surgery. I had mine on 3/28/11 and i haven't had any problems either. NO nausea or any kind of sickness. I went to the park that Friday after my surgery and have been going ever since. I get to start on purees his Sunday. I drink 3 Isopure shakes a day and do Water, propel, popsicles, and crystal light.

@ Margaret, I did have pain meds in the hospital through the IV, but did not have to take any of the ones that were sent home with me. I took liquid Tylenol twice for a massive headache, but that's it. So good luck with yours, you will be fine.......just keep a positive attitude.

Congratulations to you! Mine is the 8th of April and I hope for an experience such as yours. You didn't even need pain meds at the hospital? WOW. thank you so for joining us. It sooooooo helps those of us about to have the surgery!

Hello,

I read your post after I searched for Dr. Wisbach. I am scheduled for Monday Nov 28th. I am glad to see that you did well through the surgery and post op. I hope all is still well with you. I live in Rancho San Diego and lived in Santee as well. My daughter attends West Hills High. If you have any advice for me and my pre op, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am 220 now and hope to lose some pounds during this liquid diet : )

Thanks,

Hi everyone are there anymore Balboa Patients on this site as of 2013.Will be having my surgery this year.Just need more information on there team.