Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cud I have Gallstones???

I have been experiencing pain on my right side. the pain is along the back, side and front under the ribcage. Most of the time it is dull, but if I burb, hiccup, sneeze or move a certain way it turns sharp and radiates to my right shoulder below the collar bone..

It started a couple of days ago....

anyone who has had gallstones before... does this sound familliar?

If it continues I will contact my doctor, but I wanted to see what you guys have to say

Thanks

Sherri

I have been experiencing pain on my right side. the pain is along the back, side and front under the ribcage. Most of the time it is dull, but if I burb, hiccup, sneeze or move a certain way it turns sharp and radiates to my right shoulder below the collar bone..

If it continues I will contact my doctor, but I wanted to see what you guys have to say

Thanks

Sherri

It sounds like what I've heard as gallbladder pain but def call your Doc!!

Yep, same symptoms, and it got worse the longer I waited, and began to hurt when I would eat anything.

BTW Tiffy CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks

Sherri

Yep I had the same symptoms as well, check your doc asap

I had my Gall Bladder removed may 2010. My pain felt like I had an ulcer in my stomach. I didn't have back pain, radiating pain, or fever. Standing was more comfortable than sitting.

My pain would come and go (and did for about 6 mo's).

I was out-of-town on a business trip when it went chronic. I was by myself in a hotel when I finally had to call an ambulance. At that time, I thought I was having a heart attack. I was short of breath, dehydrated, pain in my stomach that felt like an ulcer gone really bad.

The EMT people also thought i was having a heart attack and quickly hooked me up to an EKG and an IV. Once I got to the hosp. the Dr. asked one question. "Ever had your Gall Bladder Removed" After a sonogram and blood work all coming back confirming by naughty Gall Bladder needed to come out I was scheduled for surgery the next morning.

Now lets talk appendix... also had mine removed. It is on the right side and the pain will be almost exactly (if you could draw an imaginary line from your right hip bone to your belly button) in the middle of that line.

If this is the first time you have experienced this pain.... it may come and go and you might forget about it for a while. Be sure and let your Dr. known that you have had this experience.

Take Care.

Thanks everyone... sounds like it is... but keeping my fingers croseed.. I sure don't want another surgery

I just emailed my Doctor... we shall see what he says....

Thanks everyone... sounds like it is... but keeping my fingers croseed.. I sure don't want another surgery

I just emailed my Doctor... we shall see what he says....

I know surgery sucks, but I can honestly tell you that gb removal was the easiest surgery I've had, and it was my 4th abdominal surgery (6th abdominal procedure) in 16 months.

I felt immediately better when I woke up from anesthesia. I had to change my diet for a few months after, but it returned to normal. Essentially, I had to cut out fat or I'd get that phantom pain again.

I needed my gallbladder out before they would do the sleeve. I was so mad but I was suffering for 3 years with severe attacks and everyday mild pain, I was to embarressed to go to the doctors because of my weight so I just waited. After they took out my badly diseased gallbladder I felt so much better. So if it is your gallbladder try not to worry, it will feel like a big relieve when its over. Good luck : )

Tiffykin- congratulations, you must be so excited: )

Thanks

Sherri

If it is your gall bladder try to eliminate it with medicine prior to having surgery unless it is in bad shape. There is a medication that has shown to be an effective treatment. It may take anywhere from 6 mos to 1 yr. Now that you are sleeved your diet should not consist of the amount of fats that you once may have consumed.. The gall bladder stores bile salts which is used digest lipids and is only stimulated when you ingest them. Good luck.

Yep. Gallbladder surgery was an easy recovery for me. Have the docs check it out thoroughly, for I happened to be on vacation in CA during one attack and the doctor at a well-known hospital heard what I had to say and said I simply had a stomach ache. Drove all the way back to TX and had my gallbladder removed 5 days later.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone.... My doctor said he would order an ultrasound.. but the pain has gone away so I will wait and see if it returns.. \

I am keeping my fingers crossed :-)

The pain may come and go. I experienced off an on pain for over 6 months before the doctors ordered the ultrasound. I would get one done and try to solve the problem early. The earlier it is diagnosed the sooner you can start a treatment. Just remember surgeons operate and that is what they will want to do. Try medication first and use surgery as the last option.

Sounds like what I used to experience, along with sweats. The pain is kind of dull, but annoying. I was constantly rocking myself back and forth. Wish ya lots of luck. Its a very annoying thing to deal with, but I had laparoscopic surgery and I was up and walking around and helping the girl next to me on and off her bedpan! Also, for Breakfast the next morning they gave me whole milk, bacon and eggs. I was amazed. I had to ask the nurse to check the order twice! Good luck

Thanks

Sherri