Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it normal to be hungry 5 days post op

Hello... today is post op day 5 for me... I am finally able to keep up with my liquids still struggling with enough protien.. I am suprised that today I actually feel hungry? is this normal and does it go away... I thought that removal of the portion of the stomach removed the hormone for hunger and increases statiety? thanks

I am 6 days post-op and I thought I was hungry, too yesterday and the day before. My tummy was rumbling and felt empty. But today, nada! I am not hungry at all! I think it took a couple of days for my Prevacid to kick in. Are you taking anything to control stomach acid?

Hello... today is post op day 5 for me... I am finally able to keep up with my liquids still struggling with enough protien.. I am suprised that today I actually feel hungry? is this normal and does it go away... I thought that removal of the portion of the stomach removed the hormone for hunger and increases statiety? thanks

Unfortunately for some of us our hunger pangs never go away. . . i'm one of those unfortunates but after 1+ year out now i have learned to "deal" with it. . . ours is more of a struggle but we are given this tool, a really powerful tool, but it's what WE choose to do with it that will determine how we succeed. . . good luck

My Dr. told me that they (whoever "THEY" are) don't know why, but some people's hunger hormone is in the portion of the stomach that is removed, but for others it is in the bottom part closer to the intestine and there is no way to test for it to see if you will be a lucky one. -Still a risk I am willing to take.

I am five days post op also, and like you was the first I felt hungry.

Down some clear Soup, Jello, and crystal lite. It went away.

Thank you so much for the advise!!! I weighed my self today am day 7 after surgery and down 12 pounds.... I still get hunger pangs however found special K Protein waters and they really help increase the protein so I hope it will decrease the hunger sensations.

:)

Hang in there. It is normal for some of us to feel hunger . Im lucky enough to still feel hunger but I'm leArning to deal with it. Sometimes I'm just thirsty.

Yeah, there are some of us who feel hunger and some who don't. I have hunger, but really, it's fine. The good thing is that you'll be satisfied with much less food.< /p>

I am five days post op had my sleeve done Monday. I feel a little hungry.

I am 6 days post-op and I thought I was hungry, too yesterday and the day before. My tummy was rumbling and felt empty. But today, nada! I am not hungry at all! I think it took a couple of days for my Prevacid to kick in. Are you taking anything to control stomach acid?