Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

My journey started in May 2010. When I was fighting myself out of a chair, I knew something needed to change. I weighed in at 240 lbs.

I went to my doctor and requested WLS. Since I am a Kasier memeber, the process was very easy to get started.

Since I live in Sacramento, I had to travel to Richmond for all of the classes.

After going to ALL the classes, tests, (blood work, ekg, etc) lost the weight that my doctor wanted (20 lbs), I got my date!

This morning I'm at 216. My surgeon wanted me down to 220. So kuddos to me...

On November 1st, I will be have my sleeve done. 15 days to go and counting...

I want to WISH everyone luck!

Pam

Good Luck Pam! I am also going through Richmond and my Doc is Dr. Baggs. I met with him this past Friday and I have 4 pounds to lose still. I still have to go to my psych appt which is on Nov 12th. I am doing all of my lab work and EKG next week. He thought it was likely that I would get a late Dec or early Jan date. I am also out of Sacramento so I have been lucky so far that my orienation and surgeon appt was at vacaville! All my other appts will be at Richmond though. Who is your doc? I started this process in September. It has been very quick so far!

Hi ladies, I'm from Sac too, getting surgery at UCD med center January 18th. good luck to you both!

Hey hugsamber,

My doctor is Dr. IM.

I heard of Baggs because he is in the head man there...Well, at least to my understanding when it comes to WLS.

Are you close to North Highlands?

Pam

Hey feedyoureye,

Maybe us 3 can get together...

I would love to meet a friend who is going through wls....

What do you guys think?

Pam

Hey feedyoureye,

Maybe us 3 can get together...

I would love to meet a friend who is going through wls....

What do you guys think?

Pam

I live in North Sac around Arden/Del Paso, but could meet someplace if you like. For sure 'after' to compare notes!

I am in Natomas. I know that there is a support group that meets at the point west kaiser the last Sat of the month, I believe from 11 - 1pm. But I am down to meet up and compare notes and all of that fun stuff!!!

Best of luck to you. You have made a great decision. I am one week out and am feeling great today. You are about the same size that I was. I weighed 198.1 the morning of surgery and weighed 204 the day I came home. That is normal!!! If I hadn't read about the Fluid weight gain before I had surgery, I would have freaked out!!! I wish the very best for you. It is a journey, but well worth it. I have 2 more weeks of liquids only then some very soft foods. Although I am not hungry, I am ready to break the monotony. HOpe all goes well for you. Will be praying for an easy recovery!!

Hi All,

My journey started in May 2010. When I was fighting myself out of a chair, I knew something needed to change. I weighed in at 240 lbs.

I went to my doctor and requested WLS. Since I am a Kasier memeber, the process was very easy to get started.

Since I live in Sacramento, I had to travel to Richmond for all of the classes.

After going to ALL the classes, tests, (blood work, ekg, etc) lost the weight that my doctor wanted (20 lbs), I got my date!

This morning I'm at 216. My surgeon wanted me down to 220. So kuddos to me...

On November 1st, I will be have my sleeve done. 15 days to go and counting...

I want to WISH everyone luck!

Pam

Hey Sac Girl, I live in North Highlands and I am having my surgery November 2nd in Richmond by Dr. Fisher. What a trip that we're all so close together. I would love to meet up with you guys too if you don't mind? We're about the same size too, I started at 252 and my goal was 220 and I'm at 208 now.

Hey hugsamber,

My doctor is Dr. IM.

I heard of Baggs because he is in the head man there...Well, at least to my understanding when it comes to WLS.

Pam

Hi everyone! I am also in Sacramento. I'm in the South area though, but lived in Natomas for many years before buying a house out this way. I was born and raised here even!

I was sleeved on Sept. 15th but went to Mexico with Dr. Aceves. I do not have Kaiser so that was not an option.

So far I'm down about 20 lbs post surgery and have gone from a size 22W to a now 16/18. I'd say my sleeve has been absolutely wonderful!

All the best to all of you!!

Do you all want to meet up before surgery or wait until after? It looks like a couple of you are having surgery the begining of Nov. I will not be until late Dec or early Jan, though I am always hoping for sooner!

I would love to meet everyone here from SAC before Nov...

How can we do this?

We all could meet at Kaiser Point West...

Any idea's?

I'm off on weekends. Is the point west meeting this saturday? We also could meet at a peet's coffee and tea. They have herbal teas that we can drink! I have not been to one but I looked online and saw there drink menu.