Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Transition Foods

On Tuesday I get to transition from Clear liquids to pureed/mushy foods. I've stocked up on high-Protein yogurts, cottage cheese, ricotta, and egg beaters, but I'm looking for some tasty recipes to get through the transition.

Please share your favorites for Breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas!

Thanks!

ETA: Especially packable lunch ideas as I return to work on Monday.

Edited by NLWC.Christa
add info

I made a yumy Breakfast today and I'd like to share it with you-Spinich and cottage cheese soufle: Beat 2 eggs, mix in about 100 gr low fat cottage cheese, a cup of frozen spinach (just cause i found it in the freezer today), i teaspoon of self rise flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and I topped it with 20 grs of grated low fat cheese. I was able to eat about 1/4 of the souffle (my daughters loved it as well) so I came up with roughly: 100 calories, 10 grs Protein, 3 gr fat and 1.5 gr carb.

A recipe that I discovered after I was cleared to eat regular foods was on the worldaccordingtoeggface website. However, after I made it I thought it would have been great to eat during my mushy stage. The recipe was for a crab and shrimp bake. OMG it was soooo good. My only suggestion would be if you decide to make the bake is to either avoid adding shrimp or add the shrimp and don't eat them. Also I made the mistake of not draining the Tomato juice from the canned tomatoes and that made it mushy, but all in all it taste great :-)

Here is the link to the recipe:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/10/crab-shrimp-bake.html

I made a yumy breakfast today and I'd like to share it with you-Spinich and cottage cheese soufle: Beat 2 eggs, mix in about 100 gr low fat cottage cheese, a cup of frozen spinach (just cause i found it in the freezer today), i teaspoon of self rise flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and I topped it with 20 grs of grated low fat cheese. I was able to eat about 1/4 of the souffle (my daughters loved it as well) so I came up with roughly: 100 calories, 10 grs Protein, 3 gr fat and 1.5 gr carb.

How long did you bake this for and at what temperatures?

Sounds yummy and I am in mushies right now. Sounds like something I can share with the hubby.

Sheila

I'm getting towards the end of a 6-week stint on pureed foods. My favorites so far:

pureed refried Beans, spiced up with salsa and cheese, a dab of greek yogurt on top

Peanut Butter (with a very small cracker or two)

tuna - I like the bumblebee lemon pepper seasoned tuna the best, mixed with cottage cheese and a dab of mayo

Egg scrambled very soft with a little cheese

Cheese "crackers" (on the recipe page - it's basically just shredded cheese baked 'til it gets crispy) - goes great with the tuna or the Beans

sugar free egg custards - make a very easy to eat breakfast. Also workable as a savory custard with herbs and cheese, though the cheese tends to sink.

Lemon "fluff" - (lemon Jello dissolved in hot Water, then blended with greek yogurt and a scoop of vanilla Protein powder - yum!)

Chobani makes a greek yogurt that's marketed for children that has no chunks in it - I loved the strawberry flavor, and the little cups are just the right size! There's a honey-banana flavor too, but the packages at my local store were all past their expiration date, so I haven't tried it.

I also tried variations on what my husband was eating. My favorite: bbq chicken "unpizza" - chicken pureed very fine with broth, topped with a squirt of BBQ Sauce and a sprinkle of pizza cheese.

Mmmmm.... I might have to try that souffle!!

3 weeks out, still on mushies.... Just had a delicious piece of baked Talapia. I used 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, lightly seasoned each side with garlic powder, onion powder, old bay seasoning and a little black pepper. Baked it at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. Yummy!!!

I lived on baked fish too. Be careful the first couple of mushies you eat (try at home first). mayo did bad things to my insides the first couple of weeks had to be near bathroom. (sorry if too much info) It does get better!