Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all How are you???

Well its been 16 days since my surgery and I really need some mushy food ideas. Ive been eating tons of Jello, Apple Sauce, scrambled egg, and creamed Soup but OMgosh Im already bored. Im very picky so I wont eat anything like cottege cheese So not sure what else is out there. Anything you could throw my way would be so helpful....

One more thing, Why isn't the scale going down? I lost 21 pounds the first 10 days but this last week Its really been nothing I'm so upset and was hoping to get another 15 off before my cruise on July 4. I was okayed to start swimming and doing Water fitness last week but my tummy was hurting so decided to wait until next week to start back. Has another else had a stale in there second week and then what happened??

Thanks a bunch

Randi

How about yogurt? Or some refried Beans?

Your body is adjusting that is why the scale suddenly stops. 21 pounds in 10 days is a lot of weight to lose. It'll pick up soon enough. I think a lot of us go through this but eventually it evens out. :thumbup:

Hey all How are you???

Well its been 16 days since my surgery and I really need some mushy food ideas. Ive been eating tons of Jello, Apple Sauce, scrambled egg, and creamed Soup but OMgosh Im already bored. Im very picky so I wont eat anything like cottege cheese So not sure what else is out there. Anything you could throw my way would be so helpful....

One more thing, Why isn't the scale going down? I lost 21 pounds the first 10 days but this last week Its really been nothing I'm so upset and was hoping to get another 15 off before my cruise on July 4. I was okayed to start swimming and doing Water fitness last week but my tummy was hurting so decided to wait until next week to start back. Has another else had a stale in there second week and then what happened??

Thanks a bunch

Randi

Hi Randi,

I am two weeks out tomorrow and I have been trying more new things as I have been super bored too!! I have tried refried Beans with cheese and greek yogurt as the sour cream(Its high in Protein and similar taste to sour cream) Also yogurt, ricotta cheese with spagetthi sauce and mozzerella, SF hot cocoa, today I made beef stew and cut the meat super tiny and cooked it all day so the beef pcs and veggies were super soft and that went down really well. Hope this helps!

i use small cans of white albacore tuna in Water, drain and add 1 tbls lite helmans mayo. only 80 cals plus 35 for the mayo. tuna has 18 gm protien. also swansons white chicken in small can make it the same way. low cal and good protiens.

Chili, chicken/tuna/egg salad flavored with mayo/miracle whip/greek yogurt with a little ranch dip packet sprinkled in, refried Beans, steamed/cooked broccoli/cauliflower with cheese sauce. Green Giant makes these "Just for one" microwavable servings, and they are perfect sized. I love buy and eat the broccoli and cauliflower with cheese. Ricotta cheese can be baked in the oven then add some marinara, or you can microwave it also. Look on here under the Recipe section, maybe there are some ideas in there as well.

On mushies, essentially that I could blend or pulse in the food processor was game. I could have super soft meats on mushies as well.

I would say 90% of wls patients experience a stall between the 2-6 week post-op time frame. Just keep following your program, drink your fluids, get in your Protein, and give your body some time to adjust to this enormous change.

I am right there with you! I had surgery on June 8th, lost about 17 lbs in the first 10 days and nothing since!!! Thanks to the posts on here I know this is common, but nonetheless, discouraging.

I am eating blended tuna salad, egg salad etc (thanks tiff for the the ranch dressing mix idea to perk it up a bit). I am going to make turkey meatballs today and cook them in marinara, and then make the ricotta bake and top it off with a meatball and sauce. I let you know how that turns out.

Yesterday I made taco meat, cooked some refried Beans up with a little beef stock to thin them, then took a spoon full of taco meat and a spoonful of Beans, mixed together and topped with cheese - YUM. I made chili and blended it, but it was a little too spicy for my new tummy so I stopped after one bite.

I also saute a little onion, garlic, carrot and celery until very soft, add a can of beans of choice (black, white kidney, etc) stock of choice (I use beef witht he black beans and chicken with the white kidney) and then spices of choice (cumin, cilantro witht he black, fresh rosemary, with the kidney) simmer for 10 minutes and the blend away! Makes a great quick bean Soup. The black beans are good with a dollop of plain greek yogurt.

Good luck, and stick with it.

Hey all How are you???

Thanks a bunch

Randi

Hi, well sometimes we have to sacrifice things we don't like. . .so keep on with your mushies as your doing, at least your following the doctors orders and not hurting yourself. . .be happy to know that this is only temporary and doesn't go on for ever. . think of your cruise! Lucky girl. . .

Sometimes our bodies need to "catch up" to the weight loss. . .the first 10 days you were on liquids rights? Well that isn't normal for a normal body, then you added mushies. . .now the body thinks this is a bit more normal. Are you eating lots of high carbs that could be possibly hidden in the foods your eating? read the labels your going to be shocked! Drink more Water, exercise (i know YUK) but it helps . . and be kind to yourself. . enjoy life, it didn't take 2 days to gain all that weight, it won't take 2 days to remove it all either (wouldn't that be wonderful? ;)) Put your scale away and only weigh once a week or so . . don't become a slave to the scale. . . good luck and keep us posted!

My favorite mushie was black Beans pureed with salsa and topped with queso blanco, then warmed in the microwave. Next was stone-cut oatmeal. It's firm texture made me feel like I was eating a "real meal". Mashed sweet potatoes were good, but my real guilty pleasure was a spoonful or two of "deviled ham" (so salty, but so good). Of course, real ham in the food processor is much healthier - but at that point in the journey I was just trying to eat as much Protein as possible with the most flavor as possible.

The ricotta bake recipe was great too - even my husband ate it!

Wow you all are so creative and so helpful Thank you so much. I guess Im boring and have no creativty all Ive eaten is Jello, Soups, Apple sauce, eggs and Lots of nasty Protein Drinks I did try to mash a baked potato last night but throw it up. I just ate 3/4 of a can of tuna with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it I seem to be handling it ok it feels heavy but tasted good and I know its a good source of Protein.< /p>

I've made some great baked potato, brocclli, cheese Soup. Bake a potato, steam some broc. Put the brocclli in the blender with about a third of a can of Campbell's cream of potato Soup, and some skim milk, blend a little. Add this to the mashed baked potato. Add a little Greek yogurt, a TB or 2 for some added Protein and then some skim milk to thin it to however thin you want it. Heat and add cheese and melt. I use 2% cheddar. This is heavenly. I only used a little over a half cup of broc to one baked potato. Good luck!

Hey all How are you???

Well its been 16 days since my surgery and I really need some mushy food ideas. Ive been eating tons of Jello, Apple Sauce, scrambled egg, and creamed soup but OMgosh Im already bored. Im very picky so I wont eat anything like cottege cheese So not sure what else is out there. Anything you could throw my way would be so helpful....

Thanks a bunch

Randi

That sounds good! My 2 week stall broke today with a 3 pound drop overnight. I saw the weight loss in the mirror before the scale did so measure. I lost the weight in my legs instead of my waist like I thought I would. I like seeing the loss in my clothes and in the mirror but it is nice to see the scale moving again.

Don't worry too much if it down not move for a while. It will move again because...look at what we are eating. It HAS to go down.

I also saute a little onion, garlic, carrot and celery until very soft, add a can of Beans of choice (black, white kidney, etc) stock of choice (I use beef witht he black Beans and chicken with the white kidney) and then spices of choice (cumin, cilantro witht he black, fresh rosemary, with the kidney) simmer for 10 minutes and the blend away! Makes a great quick bean Soup. The black beans are good with a dollop of plain greek yogurt.

Good luck, and stick with it.

If you haven't been to "theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com" you should check it out. She has some great ideas. Today I made my own version of one of her 'bite' recipes.

2 eggs, 1 egg white

finely minced low sodium deli ham (about 2oz)

1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese

S&P

beat eggs, add ham and cheese pour into pam-sprayed mini muffin tins and cook @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes (? - here recipe said 30 min, but mine were done in 15, so check yours with a toothpick). This makes 12 'bites'. each has aprox. 25-30 cal and 3g of Protein. They reheat great for a quick Breakfast. I wasn't sure if I could have finely chopped spinach yet (almost 3 weeks out), but when I can I will add some of that.

I also made some with 1/4c taco meat and reduced fat mexicheese. when done I topped with a dollop of greek yogurt mixed 1 tsp taco sauce or salsa.

Last night I made turkey meatballs and simmered them in no sugar added spaghetti sauce (I was too lazy to make my own :) I served 1 of those along side the ricotta bake. I made the meatballs without filler (bread crumbs - just ground white meat turkey, extra lean ground beef, egg, S&P, oregano, parsley, parm cheese, etc), and they were a little too 'dense' for me. Next time I will try soaking so low carb high Fiber bread (crustless) in some high Protein milk so they won't be so solid. Each meatball had aprox 45 cal and 7g protein (I used 1/2 lb each of the turkey and beef)

Eggface has the best ideas.

If you haven't been to "theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com" you should check it out. She has some great ideas. Today I made my own version of one of her 'bite' recipes.

2 eggs, 1 egg white

finely minced low sodium deli ham (about 2oz)

1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese

S&P

beat eggs, add ham and cheese pour into pam-sprayed mini muffin tins and cook @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes (? - here recipe said 30 min, but mine were done in 15, so check yours with a toothpick). This makes 12 'bites'. each has aprox. 25-30 cal and 3g of Protein. They reheat great for a quick Breakfast. I wasn't sure if I could have finely chopped spinach yet (almost 3 weeks out), but when I can I will add some of that.

I also made some with 1/4c taco meat and reduced fat mexicheese. when done I topped with a dollop of greek yogurt mixed 1 tsp taco sauce or salsa.

Last night I made turkey meatballs and simmered them in no sugar added spaghetti sauce (I was too lazy to make my own :) I served 1 of those along side the ricotta bake. I made the meatballs without filler (bread crumbs - just ground white meat turkey, extra lean ground beef, egg, S&P, oregano, parsley, parm cheese, etc), and they were a little too 'dense' for me. Next time I will try soaking so low carb high Fiber bread (crustless) in some high Protein milk so they won't be so solid. Each meatball had aprox 45 cal and 7g protein (I used 1/2 lb each of the turkey and beef)

I am still in my liquids stage, but I am so glad that I ran across this post! Thanks to all of you for sharing. I will be even more thankful when I get to the soft food stage....

Karen