Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck after Sleeve

Anyone can answer.

Patients in the Southern CA Kaiser area.

If it has been discussed with your primary doctor or cosmetic surgeon, what is the wait time to have this procedure done?

I will for sure need one?

Research shows that you should wait 1 year after reaching goal to have a Tummy Tuck inasmuch as your skin needs that long to shrink back as much as it is going to. I don't know that I can wait a year after reaching goal - 30 lbs. away - so I am going to make an appt. to see my plastic surgery and see what he recommends. I will let you know once I've gotten in to see him.

Hey VA!!!

Good to see you!!!! I've missed you!! Where ya been hiding???

I'm 20 pounds from goal... a year out and not wanting to wait another year either..... but I've had some problems with my back.. just had an MRI done and gotta see what he wants to do or whats even wrong with it.

Because of my job, I will have to have one or the other done this year.. can only take 12 weeks off for medical. So just playing it by ear now.

Keep me posted on what your Plastic surgen says!

thank you. yes I like to know what the criteria is.

Research shows that you should wait 1 year after reaching goal to have a Tummy Tuck inasmuch as your skin needs that long to shrink back as much as it is going to. I don't know that I can wait a year after reaching goal - 30 lbs. away - so I am going to make an appt. to see my plastic surgery and see what he recommends. I will let you know once I've gotten in to see him.

To my understanding a panniculectomy is covered through Kaiser, only after discovering and being treated for rashes under the "apron" portion. I'm almost positive though a plastic surgeon for Kaiser will view it differently. I've had a apron for so long, I never had a rash issue.

Hi guys:001_smile: Is plastic surgery covered under Kaiser:001_cool:

I'm just kind of curious where you guys are at now? Is it covered? What did your dr. say at your appt? :)

My doctor referred me last week to the plastic surgeon and my appt is Jan 3rd. 2012.

I'm thinking about Tijuana for a Tummy Tuck in 8 months. Any references and idea on the cost?

I had a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift 8 years ago in TJ during one of my thin times. Dr. Jaime Caloca did my surgery and did a very good job. I was still living in Orange County at the time, which was good because I overdid it too soon and had a problem with liquid collecting between muscle and skin - but nothing to do with the doctor. We had to drive back and have it drained (really icky) but all healed well. Both US surgeons I saw for my gastric sleeve wanted the see my scars and feel abdomen and were impressed with the job Dr. Caloca did (neither asked me where I had it done). Anyhow, a good experience that saved me about $20K over having it done in the states. I hope that helps.