Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on 1/20/2010 and I started out at 247 on 1/7/10. The day I arrived at the hospital for surgery I was down to 240 lbs.lbs and I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 227 lbs. I am happy with the decision I have made but I will have to admit I am having a very tough time with getting adjusted to this new life style.

I almost forgot I had my surgery at St Francis Hospital and I just loved the entire staff. They were wonderful!! I have a great support system going on right now and I would do it all over again.

Hi and welcome to VST. It does take some adjusting with eating and drinking, but every day gets a little better.

Keep us posted on your progress ! ! !

Welcome!! Our stories and weight are almost identical. I had my surgery the day before you. Let's keep in touch to give each other encouragement.

Absolutely!!

Asmelvin, Congratulations! You are doing so well. It is such a big adjustment isn't it? The good thing is the more we practice the different eating the more it will become habit and natural to us. It feels so weird right now for me also. I know it's a process and it'll just take some time to get used to it all. Good Luck to you and keep up the great work!

Thank you Tiffykins and Barbara 278:)It is a huge adjustment!! I'm having a difficult time getting in all of my Protein. At times I feel hungry but I nver eat more than my 6oz a day,lol. I am at the stage where I'm excited because I have dropped two sizes but yet I keep asking my self" Why did I do this?" If you don't mind me asking what kind of foods are you eating? I could really use some ideas and creativity is not in my genes,lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches