Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing Ok?

Have a concern, I've been doing really well for 1 month now, eating all that i'm supposed to and getting in Protein, etc. . . suddenly on sunday I had (and I'm not kidding) explosive diarrhea tons of it and watery. . (sorry) but where that came from I have no idea! then since that time, I'm having a tough time eating 4 oz of anything, milk, tuna, anything, I'm just plainly not interested, and when i do try to get in "just one more spoonful" I start getting nauseated. . . my Water intake since sunday has decreased by about 15 oz . . . and it takes me now about 40 - 45 minutes to eat or drink 2 - 3 oz . . . whats going on? Am I getting sick? I'm feeling ok physically. . .errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . thanks for any help, suggestions.

Thin,

I don't know but maybe you have a virus or something. Your intestinal tract was irritated by something and it is the time of year for viruses. Also keep up your liquids, maybe some gatorade to keep up the electrolytes, warm teas, popsicles anything until this passes. Don't eat if you start throwing up, but the liquids are very important. Let your doctor know if this doesn't improve.

Good Luck

Linda

Have a concern, I've been doing really well for 1 month now, eating all that i'm supposed to and getting in Protein, etc. . . suddenly on sunday I had (and I'm not kidding) explosive diarrhea tons of it and watery. . (sorry) but where that came from I have no idea! then since that time, I'm having a tough time eating 4 oz of anything, milk, tuna, anything, I'm just plainly not interested, and when i do try to get in "just one more spoonful" I start getting nauseated. . . my Water intake since sunday has decreased by about 15 oz . . . and it takes me now about 40 - 45 minutes to eat or drink 2 - 3 oz . . . whats going on? Am I getting sick? I'm feeling ok physically. . .errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . thanks for any help, suggestions.

I know how you feel. Since my pre-op diet I have had diarrhea and have had to take Fiber and other things to try to solidify it. I know people don't like to talk about this but it is something that needs to be dealt with. Before my pre-op diet I was always constipated. After my surgery also I have had diarrhea consistently. Just a few days ago I finally got a semi-solid stool. It is really frustrating. I too can eat very little and have to wait and wait to try to add more food. I am wondering if it is gastritis or stomach swelling or something similar. I just added the new thread titled "feeling sickly". I had been on 7 days of anti-biotics during the last month of diarrhea so it shouldn't be a bacteria infection (although I know there are different types). I too would like some kind of answer. If anyone else has an answer or idea, I would love to hear it - or if there is any doctor that can reply....would be great! I am tired of feeling sick and also having trouble eating. I would feel better not eating at all.

Just plugging through every day, believing it will get better!

I know how you feel. Since my pre-op diet I have had diarrhea and have had to take Fiber and other things to try to solidify it. I know people don't like to talk about this but it is something that needs to be dealt with. Before my pre-op diet I was always constipated. After my surgery also I have had diarrhea consistently. Just a few days ago I finally got a semi-solid stool. It is really frustrating. I too can eat very little and have to wait and wait to try to add more food. I am wondering if it is gastritis or stomach swelling or something similar. I just added the new thread titled "feeling sickly". I had been on 7 days of anti-biotics during the last month of diarrhea so it shouldn't be a bacteria infection (although I know there are different types). I too would like some kind of answer. If anyone else has an answer or idea, I would love to hear it - or if there is any doctor that can reply....would be great! I am tired of feeling sick and also having trouble eating. I would feel better not eating at all.

Just plugging through every day, believing it will get better!

Have you tried to add a probiotic to your daily vitamine routine? I started on the probiotic as soon as I could after surgery. I'm thinking that all the "good" bacteria in your GI system may have taken a big hit with the surgery and taking the antibiotics. It would be worth a try. I haven't had any issues with diarrhea since starting the probiotic.

Have you tried to add a probiotic to your daily vitamine routine? I started on the probiotic as soon as I could after surgery. I'm thinking that all the "good" bacteria in your GI system may have taken a big hit with the surgery and taking the antibiotics. It would be worth a try. I haven't had any issues with diarrhea since starting the probiotic.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to sound really stupid but is there pills that are Probiotics like Vitamins or is that the activia yogurt? I don't know. Sorry- I have never taken Probiotics b4.

The ones I use are called "Pearls". I get them at Walmart back in the Vitamin section. They are in a blue box. I take them once a day. Haven't had any problems with the lactose intolerance that some have had. I'm pretty sure that it is because I've taken the probiotics.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. I will try those!