Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 5th here I come!

I am new here but would like to get to know all of you and your stories! My surgery date is scheduled for January 5th! I am so excited! If anyone has some feedback of things I should be aware of, or things I need to prepare for, or maybe things I should stock up on...I would love to hear it! I can use all the help and support I can get!! Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Hi angel! I'm new here, too. My op date is January 4th! It'll be fun to have someone so close in surgery dates if you ever need someone to talk with. :)

Welcome ladies,

Browse through all the forums...there are many threads here describing what to take, what to stock up on, what to eat pre-op and post-op.

welcome to the club!

Hi Angel & MidWest Girl-

The incision near my waist was very sore. I took lose panties and a nightgown (not pajamas) with me. I also had a casual dress for use afterwards. Anything tight around your waist will bother you for 1-2 months.

Also, if you wear the kind of bra with material that extends underneath the underwire, that might be uncomfortable.

Be sure you get about two weeks worth of supplies ahead of your surgery. You won't feel like taking trips to the store afterwards. Do all of your errands and pay your bills ahead of time. This way you can just focus on recovering.

Wishing you both the very best,

I appreciate all the feedback, and am already making a to-do list...lol! I have been browsing through this site, but still trying to figure it all out and make friends. It feels so good to speak to people that are going through or have been through the same thing!

Hey Angel - Congrats on getting your surgery date. You're gonna love the sleeve. My best advice is to prepare not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. Realize that the pre-op and post-op diet is ONLY temporary, and each day gets easier and more manageable.

I wouldn't stock up on any specific Protein drinks, or mixes. Most patients experience changes in our tastebuds. If you want to order in advance, order sample packs.

There is a thread on here in the Food/drink recipe forum specifically for places to order Protein supplements.

I did buy a bunch of Gas X strips because I hate gas pain, and they were a lifesaver.

We're all here for you, and if you need anything, don't ever hesitate to contact me.

Hi Angel, Welcome to the site. My surgery is Jan 19th. You'll find a wealth of information here, and VERY helpful people as well. Good Luck on your journey!

Barb

Welcome!

I am so jealous that you have surgery dates. I have to jump through some more hoops before I will be there. You all must be excited. I was hoping that I would get a date in January but it will probably be later than that.

I have read on this website about all of the life changes that are being made and I am excited for everyone, and me too. Hang in there and keep us posted.

weight.png

Edited by Dan S

Welcome!

I am so jealous that you have surgery dates. I have to jump through some more hoops before I will be there. You all must be excited. I was hoping that I would get a date in January but it will probably be later than that.

I have read on this website about all of the life changes that are being made and I am excited for everyone, and me too. Hang in there and keep us posted.

weight.png

Welcome to the site as well. Keep us posted on your progress as well.

Hi Angel & MidWest Girl-

The incision near my waist was very sore. I took lose panties and a nightgown (not pajamas) with me. I also had a casual dress for use afterwards. Anything tight around your waist will bother you for 1-2 months.

Also, if you wear the kind of bra with material that extends underneath the underwire, that might be uncomfortable.

Be sure you get about two weeks worth of supplies ahead of your surgery. You won't feel like taking trips to the store afterwards. Do all of your errands and pay your bills ahead of time. This way you can just focus on recovering.

Wishing you both the very best,

Thank you so much for that bit of advice, I never even thought about that! :)

Welcome!

weight.png

Your date will get there before you know it! Just hang in there. . .unfortunately when you go through insurance that is what happens. . .I opted to go self pay and got my surgery date on December 29th . . . I'm really happy and anxious at the same time. . . it'll be my 18th major surgery, but feels like the 1st one:scared0:. . . .ehhehehe. . . good luck and keep us posted

Hi Angel & MidWest Girl-

I think that advice will come in handy! I may need to find a nightgown... :biggrin0:

Your date will get there before you know it! Just hang in there. . .unfortunately when you go through insurance that is what happens. . .I opted to go self pay and got my surgery date on December 29th . . . I'm really happy and anxious at the same time. . . it'll be my 18th major surgery, but feels like the 1st one:scared0:. . . .ehhehehe. . . good luck and keep us posted

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope everything goes well for you. The 29th will come so fast. Best wishes for a quick recovery and wonderful after-VSG life.

You're right about insurance companies. Lots of hoops and waiting. But if everything works out it will be worth it.

Best of luck all, I am going to be going in also in January (the exact date I dont know just yet) unless something changes and they can get me in in December. LOL