Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date set

Hi everyone. I'm recently new to this site. I came here because I was determined to get the sleeve done and remove my band.

Today I scheduled my surgery but decided on the RNY over the Sleeve. My surgeon really feels that I would do better with the RNY over the sleeve - Because I love sweets, and I know how easy it is to eat around my lap band I've decided to go with the RNY as my revision. I feel that I've made a good decision and Hopefully with determination I will be a success story.

I owe each of you who post a big Thank you-- I've learned alot about the sleeve and was originally my choice for Revision. Thank you for posting your experiences and your success stories.

This is a great forum- I hope it's okay if I continue to come back and visit and post even though I'm not a sleeved person. Your all so inspirational!

My surgery date is Aug 3rd!!!

Congratulations on your surgery date, and deciding on which surgery is best for you and your lifestyle. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. . .

Regardless of the WLS you decide on, we're all here to support one another as we move towards a healthy way of eating and living. I look forward to hearing your experiences with RNY.

Lisa I wish you the best with your surgery. I am sure it was a difficult decision to choose the surgery that would be best for you.

My daughter had the RNY 3 years ago and has put about

40 lbs back on. When she first got the RNY she could not eat sweets at all because of that dumping syndrome. That is not the case anymore. That went away and she is really struggling to not continue gaining.

Keeping the weight off is the ultimate goal for all of us.

I'm glad you will be checking in with us and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hi everyone. I'm recently new to this site. I came here because I was determined to get the sleeve done and remove my band.

Today I scheduled my surgery but decided on the RNY over the Sleeve. My surgeon really feels that I would do better with the RNY over the sleeve - Because I love sweets, and I know how easy it is to eat around my lap band I've decided to go with the RNY as my revision. I feel that I've made a good decision and Hopefully with determination I will be a success story.

I owe each of you who post a big Thank you-- I've learned alot about the sleeve and was originally my choice for Revision. Thank you for posting your experiences and your success stories.

This is a great forum- I hope it's okay if I continue to come back and visit and post even though I'm not a sleeved person. Your all so inspirational!

My surgery date is Aug 3rd!!!

Congrats on getting a date! Good for you!

It does not matter which surgery type you have, you are always welcome here, forever! BTW, Alex will be opening up a bypass forum soon as well!

The sleeve isn't a right fit for everyone, no single surgery type is. We all have to decide what surgery type is right for us. I think you will find that you have an easier time with bypass merely because you have previously been banded. You already know the routine, small bites, eat slowly, etc.

I remember a few months after I revised to a sleeve from a band and I was posting on another board someone asked if you slime or barf a lot with a sleeve. I said that I hadn't and I was maybe 4-5 months post op. Another person told me I was not telling the truth, we all slime and barf in the beginning. I really hadn't and that is when I realized the ONLY reason I didn't was because I had already learned how to eat after WLS.

I think you will find that you have an easier time than newbies to WLS when you have your revision. You won't have the problems they may have.

Congrats to you! And if you try to leave our forum we'll find you and drag you back. ;o) Besides, I think we also have a bypass section of the forum. If we don't we'll add one but I am pretty sure Elisabeth added one in the beginning.

Ahhh Thanks everyone!!! It was such a difficult decision... I'm glad the date has been set- Now i just have to step through the next few whoops and of course pay for the surgery and then I will be on my way. Thanks for the welcome arms- I really appreciate it ;-)

Congratulations on finally deciding on your surgery -- I am sure it was a difficult choice and probably more difficult than now waiting for the surgery.

I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences as I know little to nothing about the rny.

Welcome Lisa B. I have a family member who had the RNY and is very happy with it, after 2 years. Diabetes gone, high blood pressure gone, lots of pounds gone!

Congratulations on choosing what is right for you, and I know you will do great!

We are here to support each other and I hope you find what you are looking for in this forum. I sure have!

I'll be having my first WLS surgery soon (VSG) and can't wait to count down the pounds! Keep in touch!