Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

While I have great respect for people who decide to have weight loss surgery to lose 50 or so pounds, I have a hard time relating to them. My highest was 440 pounds and I began the VSG journey at 285 pounds. I'm looking at a 150 pound loss and would love to communicate with others in my category.

New here. Haven't had my surgery yet. Had my EDG today. Have to wait till the 12th to get the results. My surgery is scheduled for the 16th of June. Getting nervous and excited. I know what you mean. I see these people that only need to loose like 80 lbs. I wish that was all I had to loose. Though I did this to myself and I have to deal with it. I have been killing myself one bite at a time for a few years now. I just hope I don't fail like I have every other time. Sorry, feeling a little down. It has been a really long day, and a little tired. Hope to be talking to you more in the future.

:001_smile:

While I have great respect for people who decide to have weight loss surgery to lose 50 or so pounds, I have a hard time relating to them. My highest was 440 pounds and I began the VSG journey at 285 pounds. I'm looking at a 150 pound loss and would love to communicate with others in my category.

Hi Elisabeth - you've done FANTASTIC. I have a bit more than 100 lbs. if I set my goal at 155; however, I truly would like to get down to 135; so that will be 120 .... which blows me away, since I weighed 125 when I got married (of course I was 18 y/o) ... basically I need to lose "me" when I was 18 ...my surgery is with Dr. Aceves on June 12th...so I'll be keeping you posted on my success ... keep up the SUPERB work!!!

New here. Haven't had my surgery yet. Had my EDG today. Have to wait till the 12th to get the results. My surgery is scheduled for the 16th of June. Getting nervous and excited. I know what you mean. I see these people that only need to loose like 80 lbs. I wish that was all I had to loose. Though I did this to myself and I have to deal with it. I have been killing myself one bite at a time for a few years now. I just hope I don't fail like I have every other time. Sorry, feeling a little down. It has been a really long day, and a little tired. Hope to be talking to you more in the future.

:001_smile:

I can totally relate to have you feel. I did everything I was supposed to do when I got the band but never felt restriction. The weight I lost was through shear diet and determination. I felt like a band failure but it was the band that failed me.

With the VSG, I felt restriction the minute they told me to start sipping Water. I'm amazed at this new feeling of fullness since I never had it before. The fact that I am taking in so much less food is exactly what I hoped for. Your new life begins 6/16!

Hi Elisabeth - you've done FANTASTIC. I have a bit more than 100 lbs. if I set my goal at 155; however, I truly would like to get down to 135; so that will be 120 .... which blows me away, since I weighed 125 when I got married (of course I was 18 y/o) ... basically I need to lose "me" when I was 18 ...my surgery is with Dr. Aceves on June 12th...so I'll be keeping you posted on my success ... keep up the SUPERB work!!!

I've got a long way to go but people are starting to notice my weight loss and my clothes are getting very loose. You're going to great with the VSG and you'll make your goal. What I find helpful is to shoot for mini goals. My next one is to get below 250... 25 pounds at a time allows me to feel successful. LOL.

I started out with a goal of 115 pounds to lose. It seems so intimidating. It would be like carrying my grandson on each hip and I can hardly lift him any more.

Between the pre-0p diet and a few pounds since surgery, it is down to 96 pounds. Sooooooooooo much less. lol But in my head it seems better.

I started out with a goal of 115 pounds to lose. It seems so intimidating. It would be like carrying my grandson on each hip and I can hardly lift him any more.

Between the pre-0p diet and a few pounds since surgery, it is down to 96 pounds. Sooooooooooo much less. lol But in my head it seems better.

THAT'S FANTASTIC RB2 ... I'm going to give you a call this evening and see how things are going ... you are doing great and I can barely wait until the 12th.

I have mine listed as wanting to lose 75lbs because I don't want to get ahead of myself. I would love to lose about 20lbs more then that! When I started losing weight I had an additional 90lbs on me so I know how you feel! Just keep working at it! You can do it!

Greetings ladies, I am new to this website. This is my first post. I am immediately attracted to the 100+ club. I started at 325 in Feburary, and currently at 283. While that's a good start, its still quite a way to 150. About 133 the way I learned it in school. Ugh I was very disappointed when my surgeon said she doubted I would make goal. She told me not to expect to lose more than 60-70% of my weight. I cannot accept that. I may have to, but right now I cannot accept that. When I saw her recently she noted the pre-op loss, and reconsidered her earlier statement that I could not lose the weight. That was encouraging. I am in the request for authorization for surgery stage. It went to the insurance company last Wednesday. I am hopeful it will not be long until I get a confirmed date.

In the meantime a small, but potentially serious issue, has come up. I threw some PVC's during my stress test. So this week is a more advanced type of test. I pray this will not interfere with the surgery and that it will be resolved.

Finally, I tried to get my rheumatologist to understand I needed to change meds prior to surgery. The Cymbalta is time released and cannot be used. He never got it. I left so frustrated. I'm trying the PCP this week. All of this in a big mad rush to beat the authorization, and be ready to tackle that 133 pounds. Whew....I'm outta breath.

Greetings ladies, I am new to this website. This is my first post. I am immediately attracted to the 100+ club. I started at 325 in Feburary, and currently at 283. While that's a good start, its still quite a way to 150. About 133 the way I learned it in school. Ugh I was very disappointed when my surgeon said she doubted I would make goal. She told me not to expect to lose more than 60-70% of my weight. I cannot accept that. I may have to, but right now I cannot accept that. When I saw her recently she noted the pre-op loss, and reconsidered her earlier statement that I could not lose the weight. That was encouraging. I am in the request for authorization for surgery stage. It went to the insurance company last Wednesday. I am hopeful it will not be long until I get a confirmed date.

In the meantime a small, but potentially serious issue, has come up. I threw some PVC's during my stress test. So this week is a more advanced type of test. I pray this will not interfere with the surgery and that it will be resolved.

Finally, I tried to get my rheumatologist to understand I needed to change meds prior to surgery. The Cymbalta is time released and cannot be used. He never got it. I left so frustrated. I'm trying the PCP this week. All of this in a big mad rush to beat the authorization, and be ready to tackle that 133 pounds. Whew....I'm outta breath.

Welcome! You'll do great so just ignore those people who have a defeatist attitude. It's not unusual to have a few PVC's during a stress test. They might decide to give you an anti-arrhythmic but that's not the end of the world. I look forward to following your journey.

when i did it with the band......i just set mini goals....like 250 then 220....then below 200.below 175 then we readjusted goal to 150. it helped so much..... I really liked those goal weights cause the corresponded well with size chages (3xl to xl) the L then M the 8/10. I am pretty tall and really do have a large frame.... so 8/10 was about as small as i got......i started to have a few people worried every time i weny below 150. My follow up doctor said it was because I had about 15-20 lbs of hanging skin....so I was closer to 130 - 135 which was about 20 bmi!

We shall see how I do sleeved? I need to get this baby weight off! W?O band I have really been horrible!

Thanks Elizabeth for the reply. You and I are about the same starting weight. This will be interesting to see how we do. Fun doing it together. Mary (doghouse) Oh, I'm doghouse because two critters live with me, a funny shih-tzu boy named Dudley, and a sweet old girl named Hildi. Hildi is a minature schnauzer. They are my babies!

Wow Jane you have accomplished so much. I hope you have fully recovered from the emergeny band surgery, and a C-section. I envy you those wonderful children. Enjoy every moment. It doesn't last long enough! I'll wait for your posts proclaiming your latest victory over those pounds. Mary

Thanks Elizabeth for the reply. You and I are about the same starting weight. This will be interesting to see how we do. Fun doing it together. Mary (doghouse) Oh, I'm doghouse because two critters live with me, a funny shih-tzu boy named Dudley, and a sweet old girl named Hildi. Hildi is a minature schnauzer. They are my babies!

I relate to having furkids! And those breeds are my two very favorite breeds!

I used to have a mini Schnauzer, she was so funny! She had SARDS and ended up going blind. I was far more upset about it than she was. But it was funny, when someone would knock on the door she'd go bark at the closet. ;o)

Wow Jane you have accomplished so much. I hope you have fully recovered from the emergeny band surgery, and a C-section. I envy you those wonderful children. Enjoy every moment. It doesn't last long enough! I'll wait for your posts proclaiming your latest victory over those pounds. Mary

They were within a few hours of each other. I really feel had they done their job (given me lung shot when I begged /asked and we had been able to do the surgery when I go to the third hospital..... instead of waiting another 2 1/2 days....... we would not have had the c section.

My little guy is doing great accept for his heart monitor.....still dragging it around.....no one knows why is slows and occassional stops..... they say there is nothing wrong..... but it does.....blamed on his prematurity!

OH I do enjoy it every day!!!!!! I love it....... and other than you guys very few people know I had surgery the first time and I am likely not telling them unless they ask this time!

I only am 15 lbs heavier than when I nursed Jordan..... not bad for no band and a horrendous over eater....... but still 40 lbs above my goal...... and I know know know that w/o it we will just keep going up!

So scardly looking foward to the 22nd...my flight and the 23rd:ohmy:...... my surgery! If we do not do it now.....it will be next summer before I can try again!