Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many emotions

I am new to this forum and getting surgery in 5 days. I am beyond excited an anxious. I can't remember the last time I felt like myself or was able to be able to stand looking at myself in a mirror. I can't wait to start this journey and see where it takes me.

You are going to do great! You'll be looking at your new self in the mirror in no time! Good luck & welcome ;)

I remember feeling this way, too, pre-op. A mixture of high hopes and excitement and fear of what the band might mean in terms of change.

Six months post-op and I have never regretted my decision. What a wonderful change from my previous "diet mentality." Freed of the black/white thinking I used to have (I was either "on plan" or "off plan"), freed of feeling hungry, deprived, frustrated and angry at myself and my food choices.

I'm hardly thin yet, but I love looking in the mirror now. I love knowing that what I see is only going to look better and better. I love my energy level, my fearlessness, my self-confidence. So much has been restored to me by this decision.

Welcome to this forum, where people will carry you along this wonderful path. May your next five days pass quickly...and on to the other side!

I can understand your emotions and may be you are getting butterflies in your tummy. But do not worry, everything will be perfect for you.We are all going to pray for you and hope that you are going to love the new 'YOU'.Lapband is an amazing innovation which has helped not only the over weight people but is also very useful in curing type 2 diabetes.

Thanks everyone:) I was pretty shocked when I told my closest family and friends and some weren't as supportive as I thought they would be. I even had a friend tell me that when I lost all my weight she didn't know if she would be able to hang out with me anymore cause I was going to steal the spotlight. I don't really have any fears other then losing myself with this change. I know some people have such different personalities after going through stuff like this.

Thanks everyone:) I was pretty shocked when I told my closest family and friends and some weren't as supportive as I thought they would be. I even had a friend tell me that when I lost all my weight she didn't know if she would be able to hang out with me anymore cause I was going to steal the spotlight. I don't really have any fears other then losing myself with this change. I know some people have such different personalities after going through stuff like this.

Wow that's awful that girl said that! What makes her think you don't already steal the spotlight!? Ugh people makes me so mad with comments like that.

Then she is not much of a friend at all ... She might feel threaten b/c she can compare herself to you & think she is thinner ... She may be the type to try to sabotage you.

I'm going threw the same thing with my husband. He does not support me. And I'm getting surgery oct 16th. I'm ready to make a change. Its not about being skinny its about being healthy. It hurts he does not support me but I know I have to do this for me.

Sounds like that person was never really your friend or she just liked having an over weight friend so she would look better.

Good luck with your new journey. Just smile.

I am so sorry that your husband isn't being supportive. It's always difficult when you don't get support from the people you needed it most from. When I decided to do this I decided it to do it for no one but myself. So I'm not going to not get it for anyone but myself. The only way I won't go through with it is if I decide not to. I'm always here to talk:)

I'm going threw the same thing with my husband. He does not support me. And I'm getting surgery oct 16th. I'm ready to make a change. Its not about being skinny its about being healthy. It hurts he does not support me but I know I have to do this for me.

Sorry to hear about your husband. Maybe take him to a meeting with you and have the doctor talk to him. My husband is my greatest cheer leader besides this wonderful site.

Good luck. We are all here for you.

I am so sorry that your husband isn't being supportive. It's always difficult when you don't get support from the people you needed it most from. When I decided to do this I decided it to do it for no one but myself. So I'm not going to not get it for anyone but myself. The only way I won't go through with it is if I decide not to. I'm always here to talk:)

Thank you. I started my liquid diet today. I came home with. My protien shakes and broth and he flipped out. He told me when I come home from surgery he won't help me . I'm going threw so many emotions.

Thank you. I started my liquid diet today. I came home with. My protien shakes and broth and he flipped out. He told me when I come home from surgery he won't help me . I'm going threw so many emotions.

Your husband should be beat with his own shoe. J/S. He must be jealous and for some reason very insecure. I guess he will find out just supportive he was when you are one hot fire cracker and you won't let him even touch you. He will figure it out. I'll admit all men are pigs but we aren't stupid when it comes to getting what we want. Oh and you don't need him after surgery. Piece o cake! You got this

I am new to this forum and getting surgery in 5 days. I am beyond excited an anxious. I can't remember the last time I felt like myself or was able to be able to stand looking at myself in a mirror. I can't wait to start this journey and see where it takes me.
I recognize you from tumblr :) hiii! 5 days, so close!!!

So sorry to hear your husband isn't supportive!! Is he overweight too? Maybe he is afraid you won't be the same after losing weight! He needs to conquer his own issues it seems! Hope you have other family and friends to support you!! If not we are all here for you!!!! You will rock this and soon his lack of support won't bother you because you will be feeling and looking great with more confidence!! It is ABOUT YOU AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!