Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I've read a lot about everyone's 1st fills as I was nervous as heck to have mine today. It seems my Dr may have a different approach to fills. I noticed most posts say I got X number of cc's etc... what happened with me was I went in to the radiology dept at my local hospital (my Dr. is based out of there) then they used the fluoroscope.. my Dr filled my band up all the way- now I KNOW that pain they tell you to avoid in your chest when your full- man was that uncomfortable- then I drank the barium drink. I watched the whole thing on the screen. I saw the barium go down and stop in the new pouch.... then my Dr. took out Fluid and watched the barium pass through. and that was it!.. I told him I still felt a little discomfort in my chest so he took out a little more. It was a very interesting experience especially to watch the whole thing happen. I feel a little discomfort now, in my upper stomach area- not in my chest- it feels a little tight. I assume this is the band compressing my stomach. I'm on liquids 24 hours and my Protein and Water have gone down fine. It was not what I had expected from all of your posts. How does my experience compare to yours?

That would be fun to watch. I get my fills from a PA and he removes all the old to measure what is in there and check for leaks. Then puts that amount back plus what ever I am getting for the fill. I now have 5.5cc in a 10cc band. If all works well I will not have to have another fill for at least 3 months. Would love to watch as the stuff goes down and through.

Well I've read a lot about everyone's 1st fills as I was nervous as heck to have mine today. It seems my Dr may have a different approach to fills. I noticed most posts say I got X number of cc's etc... what happened with me was I went in to the radiology dept at my local hospital (my Dr. is based out of there) then they used the fluoroscope.. my Dr filled my band up all the way- now I KNOW that pain they tell you to avoid in your chest when your full- man was that uncomfortable- then I drank the barium drink. I watched the whole thing on the screen. I saw the barium go down and stop in the new pouch.... then my Dr. took out Fluid and watched the barium pass through. and that was it!.. I told him I still felt a little discomfort in my chest so he took out a little more. It was a very interesting experience especially to watch the whole thing happen. I feel a little discomfort now' date=' in my upper stomach area- not in my chest- it feels a little tight. I assume this is the band compressing my stomach. I'm on liquids 24 hours and my Protein and Water have gone down fine. It was not what I had expected from all of your posts. How does my experience compare to yours?[/quote']

I am having my first fill tomorrow morning; since being banded June 4th.

There are several forum members who have experienced fluoroscopoy fills first. I wasn't lucky enough or smart enough to even know they existed and had to go back 6 times to finally find the zone.

For many of us, it takes quite a while to learn how to eat properly and taking several fills educates us on how to eat slow and chew a lot. Still, I'd rather go for the right fill the first time.

tmf

I get my fills with fluoroscope, but they still start out slow with like 2.5 cc's and then I go once a month till they said maybe the 3rd or 4th fill and then they'll tweak it after that. I really like the fluoroscope, but I just got my 3rd fill and I'm on liquids so I don't know if I am in the green zone yet. I kind of like the way yours was done. I think sometimes they take longer to get more money. I don't know that for sure just something in the back of my mind.

~~~Stephanie

Hummm, keep us posted. I had a fill, then had to swallow the barium under fluoroscopy, but have never heard of it done like yours.