Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys so I had my followup appointment today with my doctor. I found out that he put 5cc in my 14cc band during surgery. I have only lost 8 pounds since after surgery on 5/31. For a total of 16 pounds. I had lost 18 pound but gained two back. I am becoming discouraged because, I can eat what I want and I am hungry still. I have 5cc in my band this is discouraging. :/ Anyone have any suggestions??? I have my first fill tomorrow and I am pushing for about 8 to 10 ccs. We shall see. Please help..

Thanks,

Ryley

You're just starting Ryley....so please try and not to get discouraged. I know, easier said than done! This is a time for you to heal, follow your doctors instructions regarding what TYPES of "food" you are supposed to be "eating". Right now, its all on you....your job to follow the guidance given to you as best you can. Learning to take small bites, chew well, etc....all those things they hopefully discussed with you. Nobody's perfect...expect some challenging days/weeks ahead....but just do your best!

When you've fully recovered from surgery, your doc will start adjusting your band. And it may take several fills/adjustmenst depending on your surgeons fill routine. Thats when the band starts doing it's job. Providing that level of restriction that will help with that hunger. Best wishes and NEVER, EVER give up!

Hi guys so I had my followup appointment today with my doctor. I found out that he put 5cc in my 14cc band during surgery. I have only lost 8 pounds since after surgery on 5/31. For a total of 16 pounds. I had lost 18 pound but gained two back. I am becoming discouraged because' date=' I can eat what I want and I am hungry still. I have 5cc in my band this is discouraging. :/ Anyone have any suggestions??? I have my first fill tomorrow and I am pushing for about 8 to 10 ccs. We shall see. Please help..

Thanks,

Ryley[/quote']

Talk to your dietitian and go over your menu. Are you eating the right amount of Protein at every meal? Good luck and talk about it. I have 1.5cc in a 10 band.

Hi! Be patient. Easier said than done. I was banded 3/8/13.. 4 ccs in my 10cc band. Then 5.5, 6.1, 7.1, and now almost 4 months later I am at 7.3. I did not feel ANY restriction until this last fill. Even with this fill my restriction comes and goes. Somedays I feel it some days I don't. I have been able to eat ANYTHING I wanted and as much as I want since the day of surgery. Everyone Is different, people in my support group have half the ccs I do, and can't eat anything. They are sipping Proteins shakes. That being said. I am DETERMINED to not fail. I've spent 7,000$ I have had SURGERY FOR GOODNESS SAKE. This was my last straw, my last chance, I was not going to fail. I log all my food, eat lots of Protein and fruits and veggies. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I don't eat after 6 pm. I am on a diet. A lifestyle change, whatever you'd like to call it. I have committed to make huge changes until my band starts working. Even then it is just a tool, and will not do the work for you.

Good luck! If I can do it, anyone can. I made the decision for surgery on 2/20/13 and since that date I have gone from 235 to 185.6! Almost 50 pounds!!! And I can proudly say that the surgery motivated me, but this has been all me baby!!

You can do this :)

Thank you all for your kind words. It makes me want to work my butt off. My moms idea today was that I start writing in a journal each and everyday and after writing today, i feel a whole lot better. I have spent way to much money to give up. Can any of you give me some ideas for eating?? I am switching back to two Protein shakes and then one meal a day like my pre op diet. :)

thanks guys

Patience for me was probably one of the toughest aspects of this process. Like everyone else has said you just need to give your body some time to adjust and change will come. It will be slow and steady. That is just how it works. Hang in there and do what you supposed to and the weight loss will come.

Good Luck!!

Hi! Be patient. Easier said than done. I was banded 3/8/13.. 4 ccs in my 10cc band. Then 5.5' date=' 6.1, 7.1, and now almost 4 months later I am at 7.3. I did not feel ANY restriction until this last fill. Even with this fill my restriction comes and goes. Somedays I feel it some days I don't. I have been able to eat ANYTHING I wanted and as much as I want since the day of surgery. Everyone Is different, people in my support group have half the ccs I do, and can't eat anything. They are sipping Proteins shakes. That being said. I am DETERMINED to not fail. I've spent 7,000 I have had SURGERY FOR GOODNESS SAKE. This was my last straw, my last chance, I was not going to fail. I log all my food, eat lots of Protein and fruits and veggies. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I don't eat after 6 pm. I am on a diet. A lifestyle change, whatever you'd like to call it. I have committed to make huge changes until my band starts working. Even then it is just a tool, and will not do the work for you.

Good luck! If I can do it, anyone can. I made the decision for surgery on 2/20/13 and since that date I have gone from 235 to 185.6! Almost 50 pounds!!! And I can proudly say that the surgery motivated me, but this has been all me baby!!

You can do this :)[/quote']

I do the same thing, I log every lick, chew, sip, or taste in MFP and stick to it. I am in "bandster hell" at the moment but I did not go through all this pain for nothing. I'm going to utilize my band and not rely on my band to diet for me. It's a tool not a cure. I tell myself that every time I start doing my late night cravings for sweets.

Good luck and don't give up!

I do the same thing, I log every lick, chew, sip, or taste in MFP and stick to it. I am in "bandster hell" at the moment but I did not go through all this pain for nothing. I'm going to utilize my band and not rely on my band to diet for me. It's a tool not a cure. I tell myself that every time I start doing my late night cravings for sweets.

Good luck and don't give up!

This is the attitude that is essential for success. After having the band for years, I got lazy and adopted the attitude that I didn't have to assume responsibility and the band would do the work for me. The result was gaining back 50 pounds. The good news is I stopped the slide and I'm turning it around.

But nothing will happen unless I keep the attitude change. As much as I hate it - I must exercise. Although I know how to defeat the band - it's up to me not to.

Follow your doctor's instructions, follow the lapband rules, and remember that you are the only one in charge. This is for you! You'll get there!

I would like everyone to know about my first real fill today. I went to the doctor and was asked to weigh in again.... Dreading it I had lost a pound from yesterday. When I talked to the nurse who asked me how I was doing I told her about my discouragement. She said that the doctor had news to tell me..... When the doctor came in todo my fill she told me that I have already beat two weight goals that they had set for me. I wasn't suppose to lose the second one until 7/30. This made me extremely happy and I am no longer discouraged. I now have 6cc in my 14cc band and I am feeling great. I am on straight liquids today and tomorrow and then I am on to soft, mushy food on friday. I am excited and extremely determined. Good Luck Guys..

don't fill band too fast. I have 5 cc in a 10cc band. Got 2 at surgery, 2 and first fill and 1 at second fill. PA really only want to go .5cc, but I begged for 1cc as I had to travel to Seattle and it takes about 2 hours so figured I could get it and glad I did. Good work on those goals. I too am ahead of my goal. Was going for 45 pounds in 6 months and have already lost 66 in 4 months.

I would like everyone to know about my first real fill today. I went to the doctor and was asked to weigh in again.... Dreading it I had lost a pound from yesterday. When I talked to the nurse who asked me how I was doing I told her about my discouragement. She said that the doctor had news to tell me..... When the doctor came in todo my fill she told me that I have already beat two weight goals that they had set for me. I wasn't suppose to lose the second one until 7/30. This made me extremely happy and I am no longer discouraged. I now have 6cc in my 14cc band and I am feeling great. I am on straight liquids today and tomorrow and then I am on to soft, mushy food on friday. I am excited and extremely determined. Good Luck Guys..

Too bad everyone who's feeling "discouraged" can't read this post..... think about what you wrote here.

You went in feeling discouraged....afraid you weren't losing fast enough. Was this really going to work for you?

Then....you had someone (in your case it was your doctor...the PROFESSIONAL) tell you that you were doing good. Had already surpassed THEIR goal....and "this made me EXTREMELY HAPPY and no longer discouraged" You're "excited and determined!"

Sometimes thats all it really takes is that positive reinforcement/encouragement. ( notice I didn't say coddle....just encourage/help ) Thats one reason why I come on this site now....to hopefully encourage others....just as previous successful bandsters have encouraged me to NEVER, EVER give up! CONGRATS! :)

My doc said that at 6 weeks post op...most people have lost 8-12 lbs. you are doing great!!!! Keep up the good work!

I am just now feeling restriction at 6cc's in. I had surgery 3-21-13 and my pre-op/post-op loss is 35lbs. I also encourage you to take weekly photos! There were 3 weeks where I felt so discouraged because I wasnt losing any weight...but when I put my pics together- my body was changing A LOT! (I attached pic)

We have to Celebrate small victories on this journey! They add up!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

post-350334-13813141936589_thumb.jpg