Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, last week I had my week's work-up at OHSU.

My PIC line closed off, and the tape they used ate the skin off my arm, so I've been fighting an infection there. It really chewed up my arm, but it finally stopped hurting.

I got my famous jugs yesterday, so I'll do the first UFC tomorrow. I'm so wound up tonight, that I'm probably high.... Heh, any where else, in any other context, that would sound bad.

So, I didn't perform at the bellydance party on Friday, like I was supposed to. There will be other solos so I'm not really upset. I just couldn't face the questioning looks with the way my arms ended up being chewed up over the week. It would have just been too hard dealing with the questioning looks. Too hard.

Sunday afternoon I got a call from my sister. Our mother had been having some serious health issues, and the doctor called her on a Sunday, and told her that's she's got pancreatic cancer, it's verified. So now I have to deal with that, and with my rotten brothers.

Sunday night my Spudboy started throwing up with diarea, so I spent all night in the ER with him while they pumped him full of IV bags, pain medications and anti-nausia drugs. I think I got about 15 minutes snooze time in the ER.

Monday, after we got Spudboy home, and socked away in my bed, I think i got about 90 minutes of sleep, I was too wound up. I had a job interview at 3:00 and had to find and print my resume. Had to get the printer out, the good paper, and all that stuff. Road constrction in addition to not being sure where I was actually going for my interview added to the stress, but I arrived in plenty of time. I WOWed him. It was only an informal interview, to see if either one of us wanted to set up the full and formal interview loop. A full loop is an 8 hour loop, and is quite the endurance test. Anyway, I WOWed the guy! He's off for a 10 day inspection of one of the facilities in India, but he wants me to think about where in the organization I think I would fit best, what I would like to do most within the organization, where I want to focus.

Yesterday I had a partial unfill. I "only" had 1.5 cc in my band, but it was too much. I was getting tighter and tighter, and we decided that I should have .25 removed. I have had every meal without pain or PBs or slimes. Heaven! I'm hungry, and I know I'm eating more than I should. Funny, only a Banster would think that an entire chicken breast was too much food? I'm not tracking my meals, which is added stress I don't need right now. NWWLS has a new surgeon who's joined their practice, and he's an experienced neuro-endo-surgeon who's apperently one of the leading docs in the area, both subject and geography. He quickly outlined what the surgery would be in I had to have the adreanals done.

So, tomorrow I get my test resutls from Dr. L. I am excited and scared at the same time. I don't know what time he's going to call me. And I'm sitting here, wound up like a top.

hang in there sister! sounds like a lot is going on with you, but i know you're tough and can hang! i'll be thinking of you for good response from the doc. :)

Hey Vines,

it sounds like you have had a really rough time lately, but don't let it get you down, there is always a sliver lining! Hopefully you can get some answers from your tests. We're thinking about you.

Wow, Vines...

I bet college life was a breeze compared to this!!! (that was supposed to be a funny!!!)

Girl, you need some big ole prayers to get a bit of the burden lifted from you. I know you're on my regular list of prayers, along with a bunch of my other bandster buddies!! Sometimes we just gotta let the Big Guy take over for a while!!!

I am sorry to hear about your mom, and it sucks that you can't rely on your siblings to be a support system when you are needing support yourself. Sometimes I wonder where the family dynamic comes from - some of the nicest people I know have the crappiest people that they have to love because "they're family". Sorry, that wasn't being very nice, was it?? I guess I'm trying to say that I hope your rotten brothers can step up and do their part (plus maybe a little of yours, since you're going through many stages of hell right now!)

I'm confused, though! What is a PIC, and I thought the only people with famous jugs were Dolly Parton and Pamela Anderson?? heheehee

Here's my prayers for you: good news from your tests, quick healing/no suffering for your mother, switches for your brothers, and some sleep!!!

Love You!

~cheri

wowee Crys.!

First of all, it sure is good to see you back. Welcome home! We have missed you.

Phew! You have a right to be stressed out. Thats alot going on for one person to deal with.

Im really sad to hear about your mom's diagnosis. Just remember that somthing GOOD always comes out of something BAD. She is the only mom you'll ever have. You have every right to be upset over this news.

...and OF COARSE you Wow'd him in your interview. You are awesome, intelligent, straight forward, honest, patient... I wouldnt have expected him to respond any other way! When's the BIG interview gonna be?

And more stress over MORE blood work, and unanswered test. *sigh*

(((hugs))) :hug:

soooooo glad to see you.

We were lonesome.

Cheri: A PICC in a peripherally inserted central catheter that is placed for people who need long term (> 10 days) IV antibiotic or other IV medication administration.

Vinesqueen: I'll say a prayer that all goes well with your tests and that life gets easier for you. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom's cancer.

Vines, my heart goes out to you and your family. You have way too much to handle right now!! I hope everything turns out absolutely 100% the way you want it all to.

I'm on pins and needles right now--job-related ones--so I have a tiny idea how you feel. I've been wound up for days as well. Without my melatonin I wouldn't be sleeping at all!

Wow Vines! I was so excited to see a post from you! And great job on the interview!! Way to be! :)

I'm thinking of you & your feelings & journey ahead with your mom & tests & possible surgery, etc. Hang in there, girlie! You're a fighter! Never surrender! :)

(((( HUGS!! ))))

Oh, and on the bellydancing, lol, tell them that you were kidnapped by pygmy cannibals who only ate your arms! ;)

WoW ~ Crystal ~

You sure do have a lot on your Plate Girl. I am so very sorry about everything continously coming your way. Prayers and White Light coming your way..

On the other hand ~ Way to go on your job interview ~ I never head of an Interview going 8 hours ~ what are you planning on doing? ~ Would it be a breach of Security to Tell????

Wow you have been one busy chica. We did miss ya here though!

Sorry to hear about your mom. And I hope your arm gets better... Infections suck man!!!!! I know!! lol

Girl hang in there... rest your body, and mind! You need it. Your in my thoughts (((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Crystal, good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. You sure have a lot on your plate right now (I know - that's the understatement of the century!). :hug:

Pretty impressive that you could wow at an interview with only 90 minutes of sleep! They'll be lucky to have you there. I know you're a computer geek, but what kind of job are you going for? ;)

VQ I am so glad to hear from you. You have been heavy in my heart. I see you are having bad times and a few good things. That makes such a rollercoaster of emotions. Please know that we think of you often and lift you up in your endeavors. M

Oh Crystal!

My heart breaks for you & your Mom. I think there isn't a word strong enough for the turmoil that is your life right now.

I hope you are in a nice comfy place sleeping.... sounds like you need it.

Hugs for you and for Spud Boy. Hope he is feeling better.

Keep us posted on everything. I am sending all the Love and Positive Thoughts I can find in your direction.

Good luck on the job. (Wowing them is good. But not at all unexpected from you, my Queen)

:]

Vines, I'm just so glad that you went home to be with your man. I know that has to be a huge comfort in the midst of all this upset and turmoil. I'll keep you, your family, and your mom in my prayers.

About the job interview... in times when all hell is breaking around us and we feel helpless, we turn to what we know we can control and pour our energy into it. I suspect that's what you did on 90 minutes of sleep. I'm sure that even though you were tired, it was comforting to be in control of something. I hope the job turns out to be a real blessing for you.

I didn't understand some of the things you mentioned, such as...

"I got my famous jugs yesterday, so I'll do the first UFC tomorrow." and "He quickly outlined what the surgery would be in I had to have the adreanals done." What do those mean?

I didn't understand some of the things you mentioned, such as...

"I got my famous jugs yesterday, so I'll do the first UFC tomorrow." and "He quickly outlined what the surgery would be in I had to have the adreanals done." What do those mean?

Yes! What do those mean? What tests did you have and what are the results? Speak plain for us plain folk. ;)

It's so good to see you posting. I have been thinking of you and missing you. I'm really sorry about your Mom, too. ((((((hugs)))))