Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my surgery is on Friday and I was wondering if you could help me create a list of post-op needs. I am planning on buying everything tonight so I don't leave anything to the last minute. Help? THANK YOU!

Hi everyone' date=' my surgery is on Friday and I was wondering if you could help me create a list of post-op needs. I am planning on buying everything tonight so I don't leave anything to the last minute. Help? THANK YOU![/quote']

Hey yes i can,

I have the perfect list for you! I put it together right before I had my surgery. I'm not home right now but if you can hang on for a couple of hours it will have everything you need to get on it. I have posted it several times on here so you may also try doing a search it's called Help Me Stock My Pantry if you can't wait.

Chapstick, gas-x, Protein Drinks diffrerent flavors, sf uncarb drinks, Mio, etc. Tylenol if you have been taking advil or aspirin you will need to stop.

Heating pad, ice pack, Popsicle, and a pillow for the ride home to hold your stomach. And don't forget cheznoels post you need that stuff too.

~~~Stephanie

gas-x was the big one for me.. and Jello, crystal light, etc. I only used my heating pad twice, but lots of people use it more.

oh and lots of pillows. I had them all around me on my bed to help me stay propped up. im 4 days post op. it wasn't as bad as I was expecting as long as I didn't let my pain med run out.

good luck to you!

oh and you can get liquid adult Tylenol at CVS if you need that.

Chapstick, gas-x, Protein drinks diffrerent flavors, sf uncarb drinks, Mio, etc. Tylenol if you have been taking advil or aspirin you will need to stop.

Thanks Cheznoel! What is mio? Can you take Tylenol in a pill form or just liquid?

Heating pad, ice pack, Popsicle, and a pillow for the ride home to hold your stomach. And don't forget cheznoels post you need that stuff too.

~~~Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by hold your stomach?

Thanks Stephanie' date=' I'm not sure I understand what you mean by hold your stomach?[/quote']

What I did was place a pillow over my stomach and rest my arms on the pillow. This put a little pressure on my stoma h stopping it from moving on the drive home. That's probably what she means :)

Thanks Stephanie, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by hold your stomach?

You'll want to put the pillow in front of your stomach and hold it there with your arm or hand. It is for when you go over a bump or sharp turns. You can also use it when you get up and down when sitting. It helps support your stomach so your muscles don't have to. Trust me you'll want it with you on the ride home:) Does that help?

~~~Stephanie

This list is comprised from the input I received under a thread I posted called Help Me Stock My Pantry, as well some of the things I have and will use as I progress through the different stages. Don’t feel that you need to purchase everything on the list. I wrote everything down and placed it in this document for you to print off and take to your doctor or dietician. They can mark off items they don’t want you to have or even add additional ones for you. Remember these are just suggestions. You need to know what YOUR doctor allows and at what stages. If you are unable to print the list or would like a copy for shopping please feel free to inbox me. My member name is waitingpatiently. Good Luck everyone. Stay motivated and focused and success is right around the corner.

Digital scale

Blender (consider the ones that you can blend using a travel mug) I bought this one at Walmart for $79 http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=ninja%20kitchen%20system%20pulse&_tt=ninja

Heating Pad

Insulated Cooler (to carry premade food when out and about)

Small Plastic food Storage Containers (2oz and 4oz)

Chewable Calcium

Chewable Daily Vitamin

Gas X

liquid Tylenol

Benefiber (I mix this with the kellog’s Protein mix below) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benefiber-Kiwi-Strawberry-Flavored-Fiber-Drink-Mix-Stick-Packs-24ct/17325206

Metamucil Clean and Clear

ChapStick

Stage 1 Clear liquids

Protein Power: This is just going to be trail an error. Looks like the most popular are (Unjury, Jay Robin, Premiere, NewWhey)

Consider purchasing a unflavored variety to add to Soups and juices

Premixed Protein drinks –for when you are out and about

Canned chicken broth (the night before your surgery, consider simmering it with some veggies like carrots, onions, potatoes, even some of your favorite herbs. I would leave all the veggies in the broth until the next day. Then have someone strain them off, saving the broth for you)

Mrs. Dash Seasoning (for seasoning broth)

Favorite Soups Consider lower salt versions (use the larger size cans of Soup if they make them in your band. Then mix a couple of cans of chicken or beef broth with your favorite Soup. Simmer and strain)

SF Jello (both premade for convenience and boxed for when you feel like making it)

SF Popsicles

Pedialyte Popsicles

Kellogs Water ready Protein mix (link below)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Special-K2O-Strawberry-Kiwi-Protein-Water-Mix-4.7-oz-10ct/10891803

SF Water Flavors (Crystal Light, Great Value,Mio Etc)

Gatorade G2 or Propell

Hebal Tea

Diet fruit Juices

NSA-Carnation Instant Breakfast Mix

Skim Milk

Stage 1-Full Liquid -All of the above+

Cream Soups (thinned with water or skim milk)

(consider sprinkling ½ scoop of unflavored protein power into soup and blend…watch the temp of the soup….the protein power may clump at high temps.)

Lipton Cup-a-soup Cream of chicken soup/broth

SF pudding (premixed for convenience and boxed for later)

Yogurt (thinned out) (light or greek) blend well

Baby Foods (add a jar of baby food fruit with your Protein powder and thin with water or skim milk)

Stage 2-Puree

Baby food meats

Chicken (pureed)

Fish (pureed)

Favorite Soups (pureed)

Cottage cheese

Egg Substitute

oatmeal (thinned)

Grits (thinned)

Cream of Wheat (thinned)

Applesauce other Fruit sauces

Canned Fruit- juice packed