Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have surgery on the 2nd of May and have been reading horror stories online about people that can't eat really anything anymore. One lady said she even removed it, and still has problems. Does anyone know how common this is? Ugh!

There are horror stories everywhere! And then there are just as many success stories. Seek out the success stories......apply it to your own life. Can you do this? Can you give up soda? Can you eat smaller portions and bites? Can you chew, chew, chew? This is all an indvidual decision and journey!

Having this surgery is the best thing I ever did for myself. But I was "all in" when I had it. I gave up control to the process and surgeon's rules because my rules made me morbidly obese. For me, the risk of being fat...far outweighed the risks of the Lapband.

Good luck with your decision!

As with anything, you'll find more horror stories on the internet than you'll find success stories. I have followed bariatric surgery since it first came to the United States. I have read thousands of articles and watched every YouTube video I found. I'm completely comfortable with my decision to get lap band surgery. I'm not going to be a prisoner to obesity any longer. This is a personal decision. Only you can make it and if you go into this filled with doubts, it can only give you a negative experience.

I appreciate the comments. I felt great about until the stories. I do feel deep down that this is the best choice for me. I guess I'm just nervous.

I was exactly like you, red all the horror stories, said to myself "what if" this and that. I was almost getting cold feet way up untill the morning of the surgery, I was super nervous, went on the internet a million times to find as much information as I could red about all the problems etc..THEN I finally convinced myself that I had to go through with it or I would regret it later on, I couldn't change my mind now, that would have been absolutely stupid after all the waiting and the dieting (3years total)...Then, I got my surgery on March 25th. Have not had 1 issue so far. No pain, no infection, i'm not throwing up, no upset stomach NOTHING! The only thing I had was a lot of lower belly gas (which came out like crazy for a whole week), but i'm fine now. And things are going GREAT. Could not be happier with myself and the surgery. And for all that time I was stressing like crazy....The only thing I would say I if you decide to do it, dont change your mind, dont let people get into your head, stop browsing on internet and just go one day at a time untill surgery....go with a clear mind :-) -Good luck with your journey