Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate the lapband:(

Its now what 6 months since I had my lapband and I have lost about 5 kg (11 lbs).

A man went around same time as me and he has lost around 30 kg (66 lbs). Both went to the same doctor.

Its always some trouble with this band. Always too little or too less.

I just had my filling 2-3 weeks ago and its a nightmare. I can eat crackers, chips, chocolate without problems but meat and vegetables? No way thats possible. I burp back up everything. Doesnt matter how small it is it has to go back up. I so miss eating normal food. I feel so hopeless. Last couple of days ive eaten like 5 crackers (not even 500 kcal) and nothing else but still the weight doesnt move....

I have the worst "success" of all the other people in my country that have had the lapband surgery:(...

And at night and morning I feel like some liquid coming up my throat.

This is so depressing and im so embarrased when people ask me how much I have lost and how im doing. I wish no one knew about the surgery.

Im scared to let my doctor know how terrible im doing like im the most loser in the world.

I have to hold myself from crying because I feel miserable.

How can this possibly work for other people?

I forgot to say that also i have no energy anymore and always tired and starting to have acne on my face, chest and neck:(

Get a small unfill!

Also, you have to ask yourself why you can eat crackers and chocolate? They're both slider foods that turn to mush in your mouth and pouch. If you take a small bite of chicken, fish or veggies and chew it to mush it should react the same right?

imo you're a little too tight and maybe not following the rules? Learning to eat small, chew big and do it all very slowly is the hardest thing for most of us to do. I know it took me over a year to figure it out and you're only 5 months out.

tmf

Yes i think i need a little unfill. But does it help to take only like 0.2cc?

And yes i eat it to mush and i burp it up as mush.

And the chocolate and stuff melts in the mouth so it isnt really mush:/...

It takes so long for me to eat that after 1-2 bites its already cold.

Today is my 1 year and I lost 50lbs with no fills. But I hate the band. But I know if I take it out u will gain it all back. The pain and I keep throwing up is not worth it. I'm gonna give it til the end of the year before deciding what to do.

.2 CC can make a difference. I had .25 taken out and it ended up being too much.

A tiny little unfill helps a lot. You need to not eat sliders, as they will not give you the protien you need. Try eating fish, if not regular meats. Fish,for me, is easier to chew and digest. best wishes, tell your doctor you're having problems. Karen

it took me a long time to be able to chew my Protein down into 'small enough'. I used a small food processor for months and months, running even tuna fish as well as other hard Proteins into it's own kind of 'mush'.

I was a 'gulp & swallow' type eater; had to have large amounts of Fluid to wash down whatever I managed to stuff in with my eating shovel.

It took a long time to recognize the difference between "too tight" and "too loose".

I learned in my Band as little as .1 cc makes a LARGE difference....but I have an antique 4cc band.

The pace may seem slow & frustrating, as we are all impatient.

You can do it....every day stick to your PLAN. Ask your Dr for help and join in local live groups as they can be incredible assistance....but stay away from the RnY etc folks as they do not understand the Ways of the Band.

The night regurgitation you mention suggests a couple possibilities:

1) you eat too late;

2) you eat too much;

3) your Band is too TIGHT;

Careful observation and research will help you keep on your Path to success.

Please keep us posted. Nothing tastes as good as being thinner feels.

Your problem sounds like too little research before chosing the band, and then too little education by your medical staff during the banded process.

The band is not a cure; it is a tool... and if you're not fully educated, you are at a distinct disadvantage!

When things go wrong it's easy to feel down. But not telling your doctor will make you feel worse. I get shy around drs, but then I remind myself it's my health, and a dr can only do their best work if you inform them of what's going on. The sooner you tell your dr the easier it will be to get on track.

Your wrong Toddy. I did alot of research and i read the lapband book like three times. I never do anything without alot of research.

To the others: I want to get a little bit of unfill but cant now because i got "lucky" and now im poor as hell and cant afford going to a doctor to get a small unfill.

My stomach growls 24/7 since i got the lapband, is that normal? Ive never seen anyone mention that.

Also if i take out the liquid in the band can i still get the pouch above the band?

When i eat the food gets stuck but i only have to burp very little then it all comes up. But before i couldnt get it up, i just had to wait for it to go down. Is that normal? Is it like that for you?

Every food and drinks get stuck. I hate this.

After every bite i take i also have this really strong hick ups that almost hurt because they are so strong.

Speaking for myself and my own experiences....part of the new life with the band is that it will change our lives....in order for me to co-exist with the band, I have changed in ways I could not have imagined I was capable of before the surgery, or even within the first few months to a year.....and now people look at me and say is that all you're going to eat? Or. aren't you going to eat at all??

There is a very gray area between the band being too tight, between us not changing our eating habits/techniques, and even the choice of foods we eat........

No one here can possible know what you are going through (*although your symptoms sound familiar)......but I do personally know patients who refuse to give up their old ways when it comes to food and eating....then turn around and say the band is not working, and they feel like a failure.....it is very sad, but there is nothing anybody can do...they have to make their own decisions....but it is still sad to see them self destruct when they wanted this so much....

Lets face it...we are/have been fat because our eating sucks! years upon years of practicing the wrong things....heck...mine started when I was 5...my mother set a fine example....

For me. it became a battle between myself, and the band...went on for months.......I could have gotten an unfil and declared victory....but that would mean holding onto my old habits...fortunately the band is now the boss....and now I have not gotten stuck, slimed, or whatever in over a year....and I am done loosing weight....nothing left to loose...

Again, I'm not saying this applies to you...only way anyone could tell is to spend a day together.....but this is what I have found to be true for me and other patients I know...face to face...

Some people find other avenues to get to the same place.....I hope you find yours.....

You have to realize that the problems you are having are not the fault of the band. It is the maintenance of the band that is the problem. All the problems you mention ARE normal if you are to tight. The smallest of .1 cc can make a difference. By leaving the band to tight can only lead to larger problems in the future. Then you will be really disappointed. It could be a lot more costly than just a doctors appointment for an unfill. I would make an appointment right away if I were you. Good luck!

I agree with everything that's already been said.

Please, please, please get the chocolate and chips out of your house.

Here is my humble opinion:

Start over!

Go back to liquids for a few days. Protein shakes and smoothies.

Then go to some soft nutritious foods. There are plenty if healthier foods that should go down easier even if you're too tight. Think Greek yogurt, refried Beans. You need to ditch the chips and chocolate they won't help you lose even if its small amounts.

Then slowly try to introduce more regular foods. You really do need to make getting an infill a priority so you don't do any damage.

This is what I would do...Good Luck!