Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pulling at port incision

I have a constant pull at my incision site, no pain anywhere and I have spent the last 3 days in the recliner..did anyone else have this? I can't sit up, I have to stay in a relaxed position to get the pressure off

Oh yes they really sow that thing to your abdominal wall and it will be sore for a few days! The recliner and an ice pack where my best friends!

I believe I felt that pulling sensation when I turned wrong or layed the wrong way... lots and lots of pillows help to! Good luck and hang in there!

Thank you! I am suppose to go back to work Monday and I can't even sit in a chair or car, hoping it gets better soon

sounds like you are healing and scar tissue is forming..i was (tender) for about a month..no pain, just tender..it will get better..just go slow

Thank you! I am suppose to go back to work Monday and I can't even sit in a chair or car, hoping it gets better soon

I have the same tugging sensation. It's better this morning and I actually slept on my side most of the night, quite comfortably. First night I've slept more than 6 hours straight in bed. I've been getting up after 3 or 4 and going to the recliner. So improvement....baby steps....we'll get there!! :rolleyes:

Ok.. Am I just being a baby or is this something to be concerned with... I can lay comfy.. Stand comfy but if I sit like to sit in a car.. I have this pulling at my port that I can't bear...I called my boss to tell her I was going to need more time and she has me freaked! Gonna call my dr in the morning, but some reassurance would help.

I think you'll find it's completely normal but you're better off calling the doctor just to be sure. At the very least it will put your mind at ease. I have a spot on my stomach that is still numb to the touch, right over the port. It tends to feel like it's pulling down when I stand or sit straight, sometimes more comfortably than others. But we've just been out of surgery 5 1/2 days so I expect it won't have healed stationary yet. Call the doctor. Then have a calming cup of tea. And let us know how you're doing.

Talked to Drs office. They said most people take 1-2 weeks off and everyone is different. That is the incision that people have the most tenderness with nothing to be worried about and to take a few more days to heal. They are going to call me tomorrow to check on me and if its not better by the end of the week they want to see me.

They are right we all heal differently and if you cannot sit comfortably especially in a car then you probably should take more time off. Your Drs Orders sound great! Best of Luck!

I took it easy again today, and my husband insisted I go to wal mart with him if for anything else to get me out of the house and do some walking... Guess what? I sat upright in the car for 10 min there and back, no problems... I came back home and am back on the couch taking it easy... But very optimistic!

So glad that you are feeling better

Thank you.. I was really stressing and my emotions were getting the best of me yesterday! So glad I have this site! I actually spend more time here than Facebook!

Thank you.. I was really stressing and my emotions were getting the best of me yesterday! So glad I have this site! I actually spend more time here than Facebook!

Lol that's funny I just you say that go read my new forum I posted on that it will make you smile I bet