Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went in 3 wks ago for a fill, since then I've been getting stuck, having heartburn. I mean geez, what can I eat? I go in and tell the dr I got stuck and he asks what did you get stuck on and I tell him chicken and he says yea most people can't eat chicken well then what the heck are we supposed to eat? This morning I cooked a scrambled egg and piece of toast, got stuck after 3 bites of toast and 3/4's of the egg, there again, my question is, what the heck are we to eat? Prior to getting my fill I was constantly hungry, getting hungry between meals and not losing so I needed the fill, maybe it was too much of a fill, idk. I am to go in for a fill or to see him on the 28th. I just don't know what the green zone is and what it feels like. I mean I can go 4 hrs between meals sometimes more depending on what I eat but this month since my fill I have found myself eating slider foods like Soups (like homemade chicken taco Soup or bean soup). I gag at the thought of eating hamburger meat and chewing it because of gristles so I don't do that anymore. The last time I had a pork chop was a couple of wks ago and got stuck. I'm sick of fish as that is all I eat and I love chicken. I'm so frustrated!

let me clarify on the chicken taco Soup, I make it with canned chicken, I can eat that kind of chicken because I can shred it but when it comes to baking a chicken breast and eating it, no way.

Hi Donna,

You're gonna hear that you're too tight... but not from me, because I wouldn't know.

My suggestion is that after your last fill, you may have gotten to the correct restriction. You may just have to slow down your eating even more, and chew even more than prior to that fill. Thats what I learned when I got to this level of restriction. I thought I was eating slow, taking small bites, chewing correctly, but I wasn't. I thought I was too tight, but I wasn't. It took a little more learning and practice on how to eat with the band for me. I don't have any heartburn or reflux....so, there is difference there.

Does your doc do fills with fluoro there in Hoptown?

Just a thought.....I don't eat scrambled eggs, don't work well for me. I however, have no problems with an over easy egg.

Also, I don't eat toast. But do like me some RedEye gravy on grits instead...... Ah, Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg county......

Where I grew up. :)

It definitely sounds like you aren't eating small bites and chewing properly. I know you think you are but doesn't sound like it. I too thought I was eating right but now know I wasn't.

If Soups or slider foods are OK with the band then you're not eating small bites and slowly chewing to mush.

I can eat chicken if I do this. If I try to eat too big and too fast, I'll get stuck too. Some people cannot eat toast in any form.

Hi Donna,

You're gonna hear that you're too tight... but not from me, because I wouldn't know.

My suggestion is that after your last fill, you may have gotten to the correct restriction. You may just have to slow down your eating even more, and chew even more than prior to that fill. Thats what I learned when I got to this level of restriction. I thought I was eating slow, taking small bites, chewing correctly, but I wasn't. I thought I was too tight, but I wasn't. It took a little more learning and practice on how to eat with the band for me. I don't have any heartburn or reflux....so, there is difference there.

Does your doc do fills with flouro there in Hoptown?

Just a thought.....I don't eat scrambled eggs, don't work well for me. I however, have no problems with an over easy egg.

Also, I don't eat toast. But do like me some RedEye gravy on grits instead...... Ah, Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg county......

oh child.......red eye gravy.....makes me miss my grannys biscuits.....thanks for letting me stroll down memory lane briefly......

Better board the chew chew train!! And Also remember not to take bites bigger than a fingernail. Sounds crazy, I know, but once you get used to it, it will become second nature

;) CG....you're welcome. I miss mine too.... At least the Tar Heels are gonna play this week. The Wildcats, not so..... :(

;) CG....you're welcome. I miss mine too.... At least the Tar Heels are gonna play this week. The Wildcats, not so..... :(

well, i thought we could sneak out the ACC title but wasnt meant to be.....and if i can get by Villa on Friday, i will be damned surprised....Def surprised cats did NOT make it...i think that last lost did them in..........tis okay, i get you next year after a year off...... (devil horns).... :)

Hi Donna,

Does your doc do fills with fluoro there in Hoptown?

Catfish no wonder you knew where Hoptown was, you threw me for a loop...ha ha ha. No he doesn't fill me with fluoro, just a feel around and poke and I'm done. I do love my surgeon, he's great but even fish gets stuck. I'm at a loss here. I did put in a call to his office since I've got the reflux going on and I'm on Omeprazole daily and still have it. I'd tell ya to come back home and I'd fix you some red eye gravy, lol. I don't eat it but remember it as a child growing up. Thanks for your advice.

Donna

hey CG be nice bout them cats...just kidding. We bleed blue. Ok, I think I'm chewing and I think I'm the chew chew train, even this past Friday I was at Cracker Barrel and ate child's plate of grilled chicken tenders, cut them into tee tiny bites and chewed really well, ended up getting stuck. And that was only after one chicken tender and a few bites of green Beans, had to stop and excuse myself, of course my mom knew the look, lol. I'm so confused.

:) Yep, I grew up on a tobacco farm in Muhlenberg County.

Left there in 1990 to go to the Army and ended up just outside St. Louis....

I miss that life sometimes..not necessarily the hard work of the farm, just the "country"....and of course the people. Sorry for off topic...lol

As far as your restriction level, I also USED to be able to eat fish like nobodys business, it was a super slider for me. Now, I actually have to slow down and treat it as any other band food. I still eat it a few times a week.....just much slower. And much less of it.

YOU GOT THIS! Certainly a call to your doc couldn't hurt, but maybe try this: Do nothing but liquids for 48 hours, you know shakes/pureed soups/etc....then try really, really slowing down, getting on that chew, chew train ( I LOVE THIS NAME Lapbandster!), and giving it another go. I was in your same boat, minus the heartburn and reflux about two months ago....thought wtf, I'm too tight. But I wasn't, I just had to refocus on the rules. Now, I am in the ZONE. And loving it! BEST of luck to you!

thank you. I will try that. I really hate to get an unfill because I have lost in the last 3 wks. Thanks for all your all's advice, I do take it serious!

thank you. I will try that. I really hate to get an unfill because I have lost in the last 3 wks. Thanks for all your all's advice, I do take it serious!

I had a similar experience back in June. I felt like I was in the green zone and was losing weight but I got stuck a lot. So, I had a small unfill and I've been too open ever since. I have not lost a lb since August. I think I've learned to eat smaller and slower now so I'm going for another fill soon.

tmf

tell doc u want a fluoro to make sure band is ok for peace of mind. I thought I was fine but I wasn't and had to have fill taken out for 2-3 wks I have pucked and the stomach came up into pouch... I guess it doesn't take much for that to happen. get it checked out

I went in 3 wks ago for a fill, since then I've been getting stuck, having heartburn. I mean geez, what can I eat? I go in and tell the dr I got stuck and he asks what did you get stuck on and I tell him chicken and he says yea most people can't eat chicken well then what the heck are we supposed to eat? This morning I cooked a scrambled egg and piece of toast, got stuck after 3 bites of toast and 3/4's of the egg, there again, my question is, what the heck are we to eat? Prior to getting my fill I was constantly hungry, getting hungry between meals and not losing so I needed the fill, maybe it was too much of a fill, idk. I am to go in for a fill or to see him on the 28th. I just don't know what the green zone is and what it feels like. I mean I can go 4 hrs between meals sometimes more depending on what I eat but this month since my fill I have found myself eating slider foods like Soups (like homemade chicken taco Soup or bean soup). I gag at the thought of eating hamburger meat and chewing it because of gristles so I don't do that anymore. The last time I had a pork chop was a couple of wks ago and got stuck. I'm sick of fish as that is all I eat and I love chicken. I'm so frustrated!

It is frustrating...have you tried boneless, skinless chicken thighs? They're a lot more moist. Scrambled eggs are problematic for me and a lot of others. I poach eggs, 3.5 to 4 minutes and they go down much better. Pork tenderloin is a good alternative for pork chops.

When eating, try to finish your Protein before having any of your veggies or toast (with eggs). bread can be a difficult food too.

I love soups...I eat the broth first, then the solids.

You might be a bit tight...don't know how much fill you got, but just getting .25-.5 cc out can make a huge difference.