Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PORT Causing Pain

Has anyone else experienced pain where their port is located??? I am a secretary so I have a sit down job. I try to get up and walk as much as possible but I definitely sit most of the work day. The last two days I have had a big typing job to do so I have been sitting more straight and I must be putting more pressure on more port. I am so much pain it feels almost as bad as when I had the surgery. I am not sure if this is a normal feeling but this pain is even making me feel nauseous. I have 2 hours left in my work day and I am not sure how I will make it through.

Am I the only one???

Something doesn't sound right. I sit alot, at desk and alot of driving. ALOT. And I have never felt pain from port. Is your surgery recent? I would call your doctor. If there is that much pain it is a sign of something not right.

Sam, I just saw that you had your surgery awhile ago. I think I would make sure to call. It doesn't sound right to me. I have never gotten any pain from sitting for a prolonged time. And the amount of pain you are describing doesn't seem like a simple normal problem. Please keep us updated. I'm wishing you the best.

I have a call in, just waiting for a call back. I did change the height of my chair yesterday and I have been sitting more directly with more pressure on that part of my stomach. I believe that to be the issue but I am not sure.

And yes I am just over 7 months out of surgery. It feels almost as bad as just after surgery during the healing process. When I lean back for a while and stop putting so much forward pressure on the stomach it feels better.

I hope it got better today. Wishing you the best.

I had the very same problem, I am 1 year out and 2 weeks ago I had a port revision. The doctor went in and moved my port because of the pain, I couldn't wear pants, sits forward, or even lift things. It was so painful, and now I have no pain at all, wear jeans again, sit normal and lift. It's been great. Talk to your doctor about moving your port

With some rest the pain went away. I must have just pulled those muscles.

Thank goodness. Very glad for you. :)

I think that sometimes we do somehow manage to twist the muscle awkwardly or maybe for some reason the muscle just spasms. Saturday night I was getting dressed to go out for dinner for my daughter's Birthday when I got this really strange sharp pulling pain in the area close to where my port is ( my surgery was almost 4 years ago). It was so sharp it almost took my breath away, I sat down and then decided to lie down to relieve the pain. The problem was that then it was hard to get back up as putting pressure on my stomach muscles hurt. It probably only lasted 5min and then everything was back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced pain where their port is located??? I am a secretary so I have a sit down job. I try to get up and walk as much as possible but I definitely sit most of the work day. The last two days I have had a big typing job to do so I have been sitting more straight and I must be putting more pressure on more port. I am so much pain it feels almost as bad as when I had the surgery. I am not sure if this is a normal feeling but this pain is even making me feel nauseous. I have 2 hours left in my work day and I am not sure how I will make it through.

Am I the only one???

I have pain alot where the port is almost to the point I wanted it out. My dr said he would move it further away from ribs I don't want another surgery

No, you're not the only one. Sorry for the late response, but I am nearly 4 years out and I have that pain come and go for 3 years now. I post on it all the time but I'm afraid to just let my band go and gain all of my weight back. I've already gained back 10 of the 48 lost.

I'm having this issue. I am ending week 2 post op. I was sitting in my chair and sneezed 2 or 3 times yesterday and from that point to today, I am having bad pain. It feels like I pulled something. I can barely bend over. I think I'm going to the ER. I'm so afraid.

I'm having this issue. I am ending week 2 post op. I was sitting in my chair and sneezed 2 or 3 times yesterday and from that point to today' date=' I am having bad pain. It feels like I pulled something. I can barely bend over. I think I'm going to the ER. I'm so afraid.[/quote']

I will pray for you. I am pre op but two months ago i sneezed and broke 3 ribs. Dont be scared what ever it is youll be ok.