Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Deleting an entire thread started by someone......  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Deleting an entire thread started by someone......

• Should LBT remain the same... that the thread starter has the ability to delete their thread for an ungiven amount of time? (Its their thread - they can do with it as they please.)
    • Once a thread is created, the starter is only able to delete their post - and not the entire thread.
    • The starter has the ability to delete the enire thread in a certain time frame.

I voted. The only issue that might come up is if someone quotes the thread starter. In that case a private PM to them to remove the quote would be in order.

This is a great poll, and hopefully can be useful to the admin in making their decision. I voted.

I voted....I hope this poll is taken into consideration in the final decision of the owner & moderators. Isn't it great to have a place where members can have their voices heard? I love LBT!!

I think when I changed my name it was changed on everything I previously posted... am I right on that? If that's the case then anyone who wanted to delete a post (or thread) for privacy sake could achieve this by simply changing their name.

I think it would be fine the way it was. or w/out the delete button after say 30 min. then only editing there on out. w/ the option you can ask a mod to delete if you were 100% you want it gone.

And the name changing is very smart idea..Most may not know its even an option.

I think we should keep the thread, but someone can remove their post. I agree that we'd need to figger something out for if a post is quoted, but if it doesn't happen very often, maybe our wonderful mods could just edit the quote also or something?

I don't think that the individual who started the thread should have the right to delete the entire thread once other people have committed their time and attention to it by posting on it and/or simply voting in a poll. I do think that we should all retain the right to delete our own posts, however.