Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to add, Aetna changed their protocol from 6 months to 3 months of monitoring MD visits .Feel like I hit the lottery !!! Not even 10 days to get approval. Feel very blessed.....hope I can tolerate the next 2 weeks. Wait a minute....know I can deal with it !!! Surgery scheduled for February 7th....my 62nd birthday is Feb. 9th...Birthday present to myself!!!

Aetna withPolk County group in Florida

I didn't know about it till the MD office called me

I have Atena and I just got approved with BMI 37 and sleep apnea. Feb 8th is my surgery date!

I have Aetna Choice and had to do the 6mths . But thats ok, gave me a 6mth LB education here and I learned so much.

How did your surgery go?

It went good. I'm just recovering. I think the 3rd day was the hardest. I got a little emotional. But overall I am good and everyday gets better! :). Thanks for asking! Have you been banded yet?

Ya i got handed on Feb 7. istarted diet Feb 4 and I am down 19 pounds. I had to go back to hospital a few days ago. I found out i have Fluid in my lungs. Now about 1/2 hour ago just got another problem. Where my port is at... Big incision ... It's leaking. I don't know what to do? Freaking out here.

Ya i got handed on Feb 7. istarted diet Feb 4 and I am down 19 pounds. I had to go back to hospital a few days ago. I found out i have Fluid in my lungs. Now about 1/2 hour ago just got another problem. Where my port is at... Big incision ... It's leaking. I don't know what to do? Freaking out here.

I'm sorry! That's a rough start. I really hope it gets resolved. After I posted I was doing good. A few days later I had gas radiating in my chest so breathing was impossible. I was literally having what felt like a heart attack. It got better so my brother drove me to walk around the mall(walk walk walk) It happened even worse! I was convinced the lady in the store was going to call 911. She had the phone in her hand!...... So embarrassing. It's going to be rough at first it can only get better!

Hi forthefuture ... Sorry to hear about your gas. I bet it's got better. Mines has. Hang in there. I must tell you i suppose to be on liquids for 6 weeks but i can't. I been eating soft foods like egg sandwiches. I almost thought I broke a internal stick the other day. I didn't stuff myself but the stomach was working really hard. Hope I didn't mess up the band... But i can't live on liquids for 6 weeks.

I have Aetna Open Access PPO and will have my surgery at NYU with Dr. George Fielding...anyone have experience with getting approved through Aetna - how long, how many hoops do you need to jump through?

Three questions:

1) The doctors office said I was required to have two comorbidities, but when I called the insurance company and wrote them, they said both times it looks as though I only need one (I weigh about 200lbs, 36-37bmi with high blood pressure and high cholesterol). Then they sent me this link http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0157.html for the official Aetna CPB (clinical policy bulletin - actually some of it is very interesting & informative) and went on to tell me that they were not really sure as each member's coverage varies from policy to policy - very confusing.

2) Three months supervised diet - when you read the CPB, it looks as though you either do 3 months of weight loss to see if you can lose the weight on your own OR 3 months of pre-op diet preparation and supervision.

3) When does the doctor's office actually apply for precertification and is this differnent than applying for approval?

If there is anyone out there that can speak from experience or who has Aetna or has had surgery through NYU's weight loss program, I would be very grateful!

I have Aetna Open Access PPO and will have my surgery at NYU with Dr. George Fielding...anyone have experience with getting approved through Aetna - how long' date=' how many hoops do you need to jump through?

Three questions:

1) The doctors office said I was required to have two comorbidities, but when I called the insurance company and wrote them, they said both times it looks as though I only need one (I weigh about 200lbs, 36-37bmi with high blood pressure and high cholesterol). Then they sent me this link http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0157.html for the official Aetna CPB (clinical policy bulletin - actually some of it is very interesting & informative) and went on to tell me that they were not really sure as each member's coverage varies from policy to policy - very confusing.

2) Three months supervised diet - when you read the CPB, it looks as though you either do 3 months of weight loss to see if you can lose the weight on your own OR 3 months of pre-op diet preparation and supervision.

3) When does the doctor's office actually apply for precertification and is this differnent than applying for approval?

If there is anyone out there that can speak from experience or who has Aetna or has had surgery through NYU's weight loss program, I would be very grateful!

If you have the information packet from the orientation meeting it has a list of all the insurances and what they require for u.. I just had my surgery with dr. Schwack and met dr fielding the day of my surgery.. They are Awesome.

post-348156-13813141247657_thumb.jpg

I have Allied/Aetna and its been a year and I still havnt been approved. I have obsructive sleep apnea, hypertension. 39 bmi , plus.... I am switching new docs. The appeals dept at the old surgery center could not get me approved. I have been denied 6 times. How did u get approved so easily?? Aetna doesn't want to approve me?