Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help not sure!!

Hi everyone I had my first fill dec 12 the doc put in 3.5 cc and I drank Water fine but now I feel like I'm having issues I did liquids first then mushy now I'm on soft and reg food but so far I can keep down like hot dogs sometime eggs and mashed potatoes anything is consider soft. However I've had 4 episodes where things have gotten stuck had a burning sensation that sometimes ended with me puking! I am afraid I am not chewing enough and getting things stuck terrifies me :( I can eat things u would think I couldn't and then easy things like eggs will get stuck is it possible my band is too tight ?! Any tips for slowing down on eating ;( food has been my comfort!! Should I call my doc or jus focus on eating slower??? Help!!

You have to slow down and eggs are a bands worst enemy. Not many of us can eat eggs. You have to put the fork down in between bites and chew until its like baby food. If you dont do this you will never learn to eat with your band. It takes practice but you can do it.

From my experience and many others I have seen, eggs do not work well. I can eat an egg over easy or over medium but scrambled or boiled eggs gets stuck no matter how small of bites or how slow I eat. They are the worst for me. I can eat chicken and meats much easier than eggs. They seem harmless being "soft" but many people struggle with them.

Also, hotdogs are probably not a good choice either. I have read of many people and have a coworker getting stuck on these.

Ideally, if you take small bites and eat slow, pausing between bites you should be able to eat anything but I know eggs tend to be problematic.

Also, as we get more restriction, we need to refine our eating habits even more. What may have worked earlier, may not work now. It doesn't necessarily mean you are too tight, it may just be you refining and eating even smaller bites. My NUT says to chew each piece 20-25x.

Like Cheryl said, put your fork down between bites. This is all a new learning experience for us so it isn't uncommon to have some struggles like you have encountered until you get it fine tuned and figured out. I have been right there with you.

At one point I thought I must be too tight and realized I just needed to modify my eating more.

Lastly, if you have had a stuck moment or thowing up, you can have irritation and swelling for a day or two which can cause you having even greater difficulty getting stuff down. After I have had a stuck moment, I had to stick to mushies for a day or two to let it settle then resume regular eating.

For meats, I would start w/ some ground meat (soft) then progress to more solid (and moist) meats. Be careful not to eat any meat that is dry (overcooked) as it can get stuck very easily and be very painful.

Good luck to you and much continued success.

You have to slow down and eggs are a bands worst enemy. Not many of us can eat eggs. You have to put the fork down in between bites and chew until its like baby food. If you dont do this you will never learn to eat with your band. It takes practice but you can do it.

It has taken me 4 years to learn this. If you have had a stuck episode, stop eating. Do liquids the remainder of the day and the next. Missing this fact caused me to need an unfilll. Take bites smaller than you would give a toddler, don't over chew but always wait until you swallow before adding more food. Give yourself a time frame for each meal and try to take all of the time to eat. The biggest mistake I had been making was eating to much. Making the changes since the 5th has helped me drop 8lbs. Lot of it was Fluid I'm sure. I just know I feel much better after eating now.