Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my band today and I can't sleep laying down on my back!! I wouldn't say I am in excruciating pain, its mostly gas when I lay down and just uncomfortable. I just came out to watch tv. Thank god my in laws are going to come over tomorrow ( well today ) to help with my son. Thankfully my hubby will be off for A week after Friday. I miss sleeping on my stomach. Just took some more pain meds. Ugh, anyone else up?

sleeping was horrible for me too. I was banded 9/6, and almost three weeks later, I was in tears b/c I was so frustrated that I couldn't sleep on my sides (my preferred sleeping position) b/c I was still too sore and sensitive. I had to sleep on my back which I was not used to. It definitely takes time (and for some more time than others) to feel comfortable sleeping. For those first few weeks, I ended up sleeping in a recliner chair. It was much easier to get up from the recliner. I hope you heal quickly, but the pain and discomfort, although a pain in the you know what when it comes to sleeping, is normal and will only decrease with time. Good luck!

I havent slept all night either. Got banded yesterday too. Got up every hour to walk around the house. Getting in bed and out of bed is the worst. Started using heating pad, and helped gas pain.

Thank You ladies!! I got 3 hrs of sleep later this morning. Pain is ok. Hurts when I get up but not too bad when sitting. Very bored of just sitting here.

This may sound weird, but it's a trick a nurse taught me after a c-section.

Most of the time the pain after abdominal surgery doesn't result from being directly on your tummy as much as it is from the process of being on your side to roll onto your tummy. It tugs and pulls those wounded muscles.

So, what she told me to do was, crawl up the foot of the bed on my hands and knees and slowly lower myself onto my tummy. I was scared to death because I'd tried to roll onto my tummy and it hurt horribly, but sure enough, I did exactly as she advised and it worked. And, the pressure from laying on my tummy actually felt good.

I have now used that trick through four more various abdominal surgeries over the last decade and it always works for me.

Just a little trick I learned as a tummy sleeper after abdominal surgery!

Wow, I have to try that!! I also had a c section in 2010. No one ever told me that, LOL good to know!! Thank You hon!!

Glad u are home. We (husband and wife team) where banded on the 24th. I was sick on recovery and had wet lungs. Had to have albutrrol treatment in post op. went home and husband has done great. I'm typing from the hospital room as I was admitted at 4 this am cause I could not stop throwing up. I couldn't keep anything down. They drew 1cc off band hoping that would help but upper GI test today should my port was swollen shut. I'm on drip for fluids and very tired of this hospital bed. I'm hoping to try liquid again the the am. If still can't keep it down will have to go back to surgery. Not happy about that thought.

Ready to change my life!

Glad u are home. We (husband and wife team) where banded on the 24th. I was sick on recovery and had wet lungs. Had to have albutrrol treatment in post op. went home and husband has done great. I'm typing from the hospital room as I was admitted at 4 this am cause I could not stop throwing up. I couldn't keep anything down. They drew 1cc off band hoping that would help but upper GI test today should my port was swollen shut. I'm on drip for fluids and very tired of this hospital bed. I'm hoping to try liquid again the the am. If still can't keep it down will have to go back to surgery. Not happy about that thought.

Ready to change my life!

WOW, sorry to hear that! Thoughts & prayers for speedy recovery!

Ready to change my life!

Praying for you

Lauradevens, I am so sorry to hear this hon!! I will pray for you both!! Please keep us updated if you can. Hugs!!

Like to know, if anyone can tell me more about the surgery.

I'm ready to get it done and like to know what the Dr expects from me Ahead of surgery.

Well, My dr put me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks to shrink my liver before surgery. Surgery went well. Lot of pain when I woke up but minimal now. Had it done on Thursday.

Can anyone tell me how long it can take for the Insurence to make a decision , any body has united ....,,,

Thanks for any responds.

Also I think this is great to have for what everyone is going threw.

Ramona. .

Can anyone tell me how long it can take for the Insurence to make a decision , any body has united ....,,,

Thanks for any responds.

Also I think this is great to have for what everyone is going threw.

Ramona. .

I was told by Drs office that insurance co. have 30 days by law, but I heard from my ins. 1wk after paperwork was in. I have Aetna.