Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had tomatoe blended..avocado blended.. And Brussels sprouts blended.. But i kinda feel like blending is defeating the purpose... Is it? You can blend all the foods the band won't let us have... We should be cautious

It depends on what you're blending.

If you're blending because you're on the liquid or mushie stage of a post op diet, you're not cheating you're being smart.

If you're blending because your band is too tight to eat solid food, it's still not cheating however it would be extremely foolish to willingly have a band too tight.

That's not what i meant.

My full liquid diet also includes blended Soups so I would think blending and making this as soft or mushie as possible should be ok

Blending after the post op stage is not cheating it is stupid. If anything you are rendering your band useless. Blended foods will pass straight through the band and will not give you any sense of satiety.It is likely that you will consume far more calories than you would if you ate the items in their unblended state.

So if you want to be able to eat too much and not feel satisfied then carry on blending.

This is not what i meant. I was asking if blending is cheating our band period, not what stage Im in.

I haven't been told I couldn't have brussel sprouts, or advocado, or tomatoes, so I don't think you're cheating. Now, if you've been told by your surgeon that you should not eat them, then my answer is Yes you're cheating.

This is not what i meant. I was asking if blending is cheating our band period' date=' not what stage Im in.[/quote']

Ummm, But it matters what stage ur in for us to give an opinion if we think its cheating.

If ur in liquid stage post op, then yeah it's cheating. If ur in mushy stage, then no, probably not cheating.

Didn't ur dietician give u an allowable food list? If the foods ur blending aren't on there, then I'd consider it cheating. I'm a cheater, ur a cheater , we're all cheaters, own up to it. I don't understand what u want us to say???

If your in the preed stage of the diet, it wouldnt be cheating. My dietician stated that you can put anything in a blender and blend it for the pureed stage. She said just to be smart about what goes in the blender healthy vs non healthy

L.L.,

It definitely depends upon what stage you are in at this moment. IF you are past any of the stages that actually require mushy or liquefied foods, then yes you are circumventing the purpose of your band. Your doctor does not want you to simply blend foods and drink your meals. The idea is to slowly work yourself up to the point you can safely and comfortably eat three small meals per day. While many believe it is acceptable to drink your Protein, my doctor stresses that I eat my Proteins and not rely on the liquid versions. I hope this answers your question, but please let us know if you need more clarification.

Dennis

Im asking if blending is cheating for us all. Not what stage i am in.

I thought the band is fir restriction. If we blend are we not bypassing?

Are you not English speaking? Both of these questions have been answered for you already, a number of times.

If you are in the liquid stage then blending is cheating, if you are in the normal food after band stage then blending is cheating in fact the only time that blending is not cheating is if you are in the mushy stage.