Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating Preference

So recently I have been asked once I lose all my weight will I still be into the type of guys I have been seeing. I have always felt that since I was a bigger girl, an athletic man or thinner man would not be interested in me I guess they were out of my league. At first I thought that's stupid, of course I will. Now that I've had a little more time to think. I am really not sure. My question is to the people that have had the surgery, have your preferences changed? How about the type of men/ women that you are dating now? This is an honest question...please do not judge.

That's a great question! I'm married, so dating doesn't really pertain to me, but before my husband, I usually preferred men who were my size or larger so I psychologically felt smaller, I think. My husband, however, came out of the blue and he is pretty fit. I don't think about it much, but sometimes, I feel self-conscious standing with him because he is thinner. I think my perception of "us" will change after my weight loss for the better.

My sister asked why did I always date " thus certain type" of guy.I was very offended.I said so you think I have a list and weed out all the most handsome, fit, guys.??!? I go out with the person that asks . I think our preference will change a bit as we slim down .But the promise I made to myself is Never date some one who knew me as plus size and wouldn't look twice but then after weightloss they are all in my face. ..oh no buddy remember I'm the "friend" the "play sister" the " honegirl" I have a long way to go but o am already getting ready for cuz I know it's coming :-/

No, I doubt my preferences will change. Call me crazy, but I like a bigger guy. they're usually very accepting of other people and chilled (as long as they're not the uncomfortable self conscious type with low self esteem)

I truly don't think I will ever feel attracted to/comfortable around a "brad pitt' or "tom cruise" kinda guy

But, hey... who knows?

This is a good topic, for sure. I'm also married so I won't be dating (other than hubby, lol). I could see why feeling better about yourself could change the types of guys that you would date. That would mean you were likely attracted to them all along but felt you didn't stand a chance because of how you felt about yourself. I could see something like that happening for sure. My hubby and I got fat together (me more so than him) and now we're getting thin together as my healthy habits have rubbed off!

I'm with @Lapbandster on this one. Even when I was 80lbs lighter I still preferred a bigger man. My boyfriend is 6'3'' and about 260 and he's super sexy to me! I've dated smaller guys and my ex husband is even a bodybuilder (4 hours/day in the gym. No joke. It's ridiculous!) but none of them get me going like my baby does! He's also my first (and hopefully last!) "nice guy". I've always gone for bad boys! So over that! 8 months and going strong! So, bottom line, no, I know my preference won't change. I could see it changing for other people though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk