Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And Another Guy Has Just Entered The Forum.

Wow my Lap Band journey is moving very fast! Went to a seminar late May, earlyJune I had my first appointment with my surgeon, late June my insurance approved the procedure (without any prerequisites) had my upper GI the first week of July, Nutrisionist a week ago and scheduled the surgery yesterday. I'm very excited its scheduled for Augest 30th that's a Thursday and the following Monday is Labor Day for me thats a free day off...So I'm just going to need to use two days for my surguery. Now it's just 33 days until my 10 day starts... My beautiful wife is going to change her eating habits with me too! We are going to start reeling in the calories and caffeine starting yesterday. I'm very excited.

Hey welcome. If your shoes are untied, one of the nsv will be that you are able to do it yourself.

nsv means non scale victory.

When I got the surgery my hubby was so supportive. He also lost 30 lbs.along with me..So will your wife...best of luck.

Welcome to the forum, it is a great way to learn and get support even for the NSV's

God Bless

Lassie

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on things moving right along for you. It's a very exciting but also intense time. And you've gotten the best surgery day EVER! (AKA - my birthday!)

My husband also changed his eating habits, even though he was only about 15 lbs overweight. The support feels so nice.

Good luck to you!

Welcome! You will find a lot of support here. Good luck to you.

Congrats!

The start of my journey was also a whirlwind. My first appt was in mid March and I was banded mid May. Only 2 months. My insurance did not require anything but a psych eval and nutritionist consult. I have lost a total of 35lbs since the start!

Good luck on your journey.

weight.png

Welcome brother!! *high five* Always good to see another broski in the house! Good luck on your journey!

I agree nice to see another guy, pull up a chair and join the Former fat kid club!

Hi! Welcome and congrats on your surgery date! I haven't been banded yet, but I've learned alot on here.

Welcome to the forum!! Good to see more guys getting active on here. No offense to you ladies. I am learning a lot from all of you. You know who you are.

It's Raining Men!!! Welcome my Banded Brothers.. Ha were a band of brothers!

Welcome to this great forum and best wishes on your upcoming surgery. My band date is Aug. 6.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches