Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just reviewing the post-op diet specifics (I am pre-op) and I am getting worried about not getting enough protein/vitamins post op. It just seems so complicated and detailed... I have no idea where to start with trying/buying supplements/stir ins/shakes, etc. There is a bariatric product store in the same building in my surgeon's office... I went there today to buy a Multivitamin and I was completely overwhelmed!

Also, I have such a hectic/unpredictable work schedule I just worry about getting in all the proper nutrition in those crucial first few weeks. In fact, I attribute much of my weight problem with the structure of my work day (or lack of). I am actually trying to find a less stressful job to facilitate this lifestyle change. But in the meantime, I am worried.

How did you make the diet work with your work schedule? Any product recommendations?

I am a courtroom attorney and it is very hectic for me. I bought ready made EAS shakes. They come in screw-top bottles and juice boxes. You can buy them in drug stores, supermarkets, GNC. They come refrigerated and non refrigerated. They are great. When you need Protein bars, there are many bars with a smooth texture that go down well. Learn where in your life these things are if you need to buy as a convenience. I didn't really use the powder shakes and make them myself because I had no time.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Buy Jello in premade cups. Take them along with you.

Learn where to buy/make hot Water and beverages.

It takes 90 days to form a habit. Make a plan and follow it.

Honestly, if you've ever been on a real diet, this is a cakewalk.

Oh and I got viactiv chewable Vitamins. They are like a chocolate chew snack. Yum! Try gummi Vitamins too. Make it like a snack.

Try think thin minis. Or the EAS bars. Any Protein bars that aren't chunky with carb crunchiness like rice crispy squares.

I was just reviewing the post-op diet specifics (I am pre-op) and I am getting worried about not getting enough protein/vitamins post op. It just seems so complicated and detailed... I have no idea where to start with trying/buying supplements/stir ins/shakes, etc. There is a bariatric product store in the same building in my surgeon's office... I went there today to buy a multivitamin and I was completely overwhelmed!

Also, I have such a hectic/unpredictable work schedule I just worry about getting in all the proper nutrition in those crucial first few weeks. In fact, I attribute much of my weight problem with the structure of my work day (or lack of). I am actually trying to find a less stressful job to facilitate this lifestyle change. But in the meantime, I am worried.

How did you make the diet work with your work schedule? Any product recommendations?

Well I will share with you what I do...I went to Walmart and got One A Day with skin health(promotes healthy skin, i take 1 a day, lol I take GNC B12 1 a day and I take 2 caltrate 600 Calcium vit. D chews and I get my Protein alot from New whey Protein shot.Its 3.8 oz of pire protein.It has 42g og protein and its at walmart also hope this help u.

Please dont already start making excuses for failing...the Protein Shakes etc are in every grocery store...just do it!

I go to school & work. I take an insulated bag with Premier shakes (Costco), mini babybel light cheese, Kay's natural Protein Snacks, applesauce cup, etc with me everywhere. If I get in a bind, there's always v-8 veggie, nuts or Protein Shakes @ every convenience store. That way I never get too hungry. I also log everything into my fitness pal. It works if you do your part.

I was just reviewing the post-op diet specifics (I am pre-op) and I am getting worried about not getting enough protein/vitamins post op. It just seems so complicated and detailed... I have no idea where to start with trying/buying supplements/stir ins/shakes, etc. There is a bariatric product store in the same building in my surgeon's office... I went there today to buy a multivitamin and I was completely overwhelmed!

try not to stress out about it. i know it seems overwhelming, mainly because there is such a huge range, and what do you buy??

for me?? i bought a liquid multi Vitamin ... and its great. i also bought SLM Protein powders... they arent too expensive and i also used greek yoghurt in them. i didnt use milk at all.

i had no issues about what to use and i live in an isolated area in country australia.

What to eat when on a hectic schedule?? my suggestion?? always have a pack of cuppa Soups in your bag... especially in the immediate post op stage. i had many trips into the city which is a long way away for us. This was immediately post op. my husband had to eat so i just took cuppa Soups with me and asked for a mug of hot Water in the eating places we were in. i had really filling meals and it was no trouble at all. i hope this helps. judy

I take Bariatric fusion chewables in tropical. I take one in the morning and one in the evening. The taste isn't wonderful but I can get it down. It's nice because I don't have to take a bunch of others. Calcium is included. I do take a Biotin lozenge that melts under my toungue that I can get a Vitamin world.

The Protein I like is at Walmart. 14.95 per 2lbs as apposed to 40+ for others. If you buy little baggies you can scoop Protein Powder in it and make it at work. They have portable blenders (Hamilton beach has a great one) and you can get Protein in a pinch. Just a few ideas that help get me through. It can be very overwhelming but it's doable.

Oh, and the fusion Vitamins are 27 a bottle but it has lasted me forever!