Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I eat salad quite often and usually get leafy Romaine, sometimes with carrots in it. I have a good restriction 7cc in a 10cc band, and it still goes down fine but you do need to chew.

Break I do not eat much at all, maybe if I have a burger bun, but I end up eating only half a bison burger and usually not even half a bun. Alot of people eat subway sandwiches the 6 inch ones, I haven't eaten much bread since I went up another cc to the 7.

I don't eat rice often but I also do not have any trouble with it.

I have seen posts where some individuals have issues with those foods, but I haven't so I think it will be up to your body. Just remember when you try them to chew fully, or anything can cause you issues!

Good luck!

I can eat all of the above

My doc said to stay away from them. I thought it was going to be hard but so far so good no cravings for it. Which those are the foods that got me this was to begin with...oh and pasta!!

My Dr. Says not to eat until you are close to your goal weight. He says to stay at 30g of carbs - eat fruit to get that amount of carbs.

Can any if you that have been banded eat bread, rice or salads?

Some days i cant eat bread i find that if it toasted to a crunch i can eat it but if it doughy i cant.

Rice is fine with me havent had a problem need to chew very well and wait in between bites.

Salads as of my latest fill has not been going on it gets stuck everytime i eat it so i just stay away from it.

I have 5.75ccs in a 10cc band and have okay restriction so far. For everyone its different like i said some days i can eat it other days i cant. I also find that it depends on the time of the day i try to eat these things if i have them towards dinner time later in the evening my band is alot looser then breakfast/ lunch.

I can not eat bread ... yesterday we were out to eat and I thought maybe I would try a slider at Steak and shake small little bites, was in the bathroom twice before we left. The way my PA explains it bread no matter how well chewed is a dough ball and dough balls get stuck. And rice is a sometimes thing. Salads with lettuce and vegtables well chewed go down pretty easy . pastas is not a favorite of mine so I eat it slowly.

I have heard of people eating 6 inch subways and that just makes me hurt to hear it..everyone is different.. getting stuck is not any fun .So I approach everything slowly ....

I can eat Pasta, rice, bread, and salad. I just don't like pasta and rice enough to eat them. Bread I don't eat because of the calories. If I am at a dinner party and there is nice/high quality bread I will eat it. I've only had problems with low quality restaurant rolls.

I was told not to eat those foods as well....those foods are what packed on the pounds for me. I am a carb-o-holic! Honestly I don't think I'll miss them. Knowing that I am healthy, losing weight, feeling great, will give me more satisfaction than the carbs ever did :)

Toast does generally go down easier as do grainy breads. Also if you try to eat a whole roll you will probably have a problem but if you mix it up with other food then it makes it harder to form that ball. So a small bite of bread with healthy toppings on as in an open sandwich might be easier to eat .

Toast does generally go down easier as do grainy breads. Also if you try to eat a whole roll you will probably have a problem but if you mix it up with other food then it makes it harder to form that ball. So a small bite of bread with healthy toppings on as in an open sandwich might be easier to eat .

Agree 1000 percent

Wow. I had been wondering the exact same thing. I am two weeks out and for some reason am craving the grill chicken sandwich from subway. It will be awhile before i can try it though. Thanks to everyone for your answers! Super helpful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches