Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever present chocolate

Isn't it interesting that most everyone has an "issue" with chocolate. Either they love it or hate it. I'm always amazed when I run in to people that say..."chocolate - I just really do not care for it". Are you kidding? But most people I know desire it - no matter their size....the better the chocolate - the more it is wanted.

I realize that there are preferences for sweet or salty....put them together and what a GREAT combination! I had a date about 4 years ago that introduced me to mixing our popcorn with the chocolate. I had NEVER done that - mix the two...why would you?!!? The first taste - I thought I had died and gone to heaven....why had I never thought of that?!

So, here's my real point.....I have developed a "need" since being banded to have chocolate in the house. I did not have this need pre-banding. If it is not in the house - I obsess about it....where is it, when can I get it, do I really want it, what kind....the questions go on and on. I know a lot of people on here are advocates for getting it all out of the house. That temptation is the worst thing for most people. If I have it in the house, I feel at peace....the "craving" goes away. I may have a couple of pieces a week or not - but I stop going crazy thinking about it.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Very odd....the only thing I feel that I need to have in the house is flavored Water. I don't really crave anything.

As a matter of fact, I threw away 3/4 of one of those no-bake chocolate/peanut butter Desserts today.

Tiffany, yep, me too. For some reason I pick up a bag of chocolate a week. I don't eat the entire bag myself, DH does that but for some reason I need that bite of chocolate after dinner. If I don't have it I am climbing the walls looking for something to replace it.

I said on another thread that when I crave something sweet and I try to fight it I wind up shoveling 10x more crap in my mouth just to satisfy the beast. I'm better off with the real thing, a few pieces of chocolate and I'm a happy camper.

Problem with that is I want chocolate all the time lol.

Ever since being banded, I have also been constantly craving chocolate! Sometimes I go ahead and eat it but other times I resist the urge and end up wanting it even more than before.

I'm like Eileen...the meal just doesn't seem complete without a bite of chocolate! I've finally decided that as long as one piece satisfies me, I'm better off eating that piece than eating a bunch of other stuff trying to resist. One thing that works for me isto have a "Creme Savers" hard chocolate caramel candy...it lasts a long time and has only 20 calories.

Emily

Ditto to me too. Loving chocolate, cant live without it, need it by my side. :)

:hurt This thread needs to die!! :hurt

Every time I look at the new posts, I see the word chocolate!

Y'all are EVIL! Rofl!!

Yes, I'm only kidding. Don't worry about me. I can always..

:painkiller: :lalala: and :boxing: the temptation. I'll find distractions like..

:):lol: :music: :car:

But I'm still feeling like ---> :wacko: whenever I see the C word! LOL

Quote GentleSpirit:

I'm like Eileen...the meal just doesn't seem complete without a bite of chocolate! I've finally decided that as long as one piece satisfies me, I'm better off eating that piece than eating a bunch of other stuff trying to resist.

DITTO!

:)I don't know how you eat just one peice!!! If there's a bag of chocolate around, I EAT & EAT until it's gone. The entire time I'm shoveling it in my mouth I'm saying to myself - "You shouldn't be doing this!" - and then I eat another peice. A few weeks ago I found a bag of the new Hershey's kisses in colors. (My husband is a snack vendor & gets all the new stuff to test.) There was nobody home & I said to myself - I'll just taste one. 1 hr. later, the entire bag is gone.

CHOCOLATE IS DANGEROUS!!! I HATE IT!! I HATE IT!!! :tape:

Geez, it's as if you were reading my mind! I was just going to post the question if anyone craves chocolate after surgery. I didn't crave chocolate before surgery, I wonder why now? Maybe I'm focusing (obsessing) too much on it. I have been sugar free in the past and I know that after the first few days, it becomes easier and more natural. I'm contemplating this because if I have chocolate every day, I tend to NEED chocolate every day. To go through this whole surgery and then not lose weight because of chocolate is too strange for me. I doubt a little will inhibit weight loss, but the way I tend to eat it it will. :)

Kelli

I posted at 5:58, laughing about the Exorcist joke. It is now 14 minutes later, the huge music file we have set to random play just landed on Tubular Bells - the Exercorcits theme song! I forgot we even had it! Sweet!

Pea Soup anyone? *laughs*