Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

This is my first post.

I have my first filling on 14-03-2012. My Question is I have my Breakfast today at 10 Am and lunch at 04:30 pm, I eat 3 big slices of pizza. Is that normal at this stage.

Cheers

Not if you want to loose weight. Otherwise knock yourself out!

For the first 4 mths after my surgery, I could eat just as much as I had before. I could eat a large Quiznos sandwich, a bowl of broccoli cheese Soup and still have room left for dessert. I didn't watch what I ate at all. I didn't lose but maybe 5 lbs during the first 4 mths. But I didn't gain either. After my 3rd fill, the band started magically working. Over 2 yrs later, and a couple of extra fills, I'm about 10 lbs from my goal of 135. Now I can eat maybe 5 bites of a sandwich, a cup of broccoli cheese Soup, and have no room for anything else! I still eat bread, rice, Pasta, and everything else - just VERY small amts. It's amazing I can survive on the amts of food I eat. But I can and my size 7 jeans show it!

So yes, it's very normal to be able to eat lotso pizza until you get proper restriction. When you finally do - be careful. If you attempt to eat like you did, you'll regret it!

Good luck!

Marci

Thank you so much marfar7, that is really helpful information.

Cheers

Got my first fill today. Why can't you eat like normal after you get the first fill?

Not sure... Maybe for a little healing period? I got my 1st fill yesterday and my Doc said liquids 1 day and resume to regular foods the next day. I had 2.5 cc put in, how many did u have put in Bam?

It all depends on how much was put in your band. My doc put 1.5cc in a 10cc band at the time of surgery. My first month, I could barely eat anthing and lost 18lbs. 2nd month, I could eat alot of the old stuff I used to eat and lost 10lbs. 3rd month, I felt almost no restriction and was munching all the time. I got my first fill, she gave me 2.5cc and I couldn't swallow water! She took a cc out, and the Water went down. I am now at 3cc in my band and my restriction is good and I have lost 2lbs since my fill last Monday. So good luck Sultan, you will get to a green zone and get it dialed in.

B52, that comment was neither informative nor helpful to someone who is posting for the first time, shame on you. Don't run off the first timers being a jack hole.

For the first 4 mths after my surgery' date=' I could eat just as much as I had before. I could eat a large Quiznos sandwich, a bowl of broccoli cheese Soup and still have room left for dessert. I didn't watch what I ate at all. I didn't lose but maybe 5 lbs during the first 4 mths. But I didn't gain either. After my 3rd fill, the band started magically working. Over 2 yrs later, and a couple of extra fills, I'm about 10 lbs from my goal of 135. Now I can eat maybe 5 bites of a sandwich, a cup of broccoli cheese soup, and have no room for anything else! I still eat bread, rice, Pasta, and everything else - just VERY small amts. It's amazing I can survive on the amts of food I eat. But I can and my size 7 jeans show it!

So yes, it's very normal to be able to eat lotso pizza until you get proper restriction. When you finally do - be careful. If you attempt to eat like you did, you'll regret it!

Good luck!

Marci[/quote']

Marci, thanks for this post! Thought I was the only one not losing or gaining the first 3 and half months post op! My 3rd fill is tomorrow and after reading this I'm excited ! I hope I finally get some restriction!

I had my first fill (3cc ,my bag is 10cc) 3 weeks ago and I felt little to none as far as restriction goes. My appetite seems to have tripled, I'm hungry all the time. I go for my second fill Friday March 23. I hope I feel some restriction. I feel like gaining weight.... UGH!!!!!!

I had my first fill (3cc ,my bag is 10cc) 3 weeks ago and I felt little to none as far as restriction goes. My appetite seems to have tripled, I'm hungry all the time. I go for my second fill Friday March 23. I hope I feel some restriction. I feel like gaining weight.... UGH!!!!!!

Thanks for joining. Please know I am not trying to be downer. It took me 6 months to get restriction. This will be a will power diet until then. Now is a time where you need to fake it until you make it. You need to develop a new relationship with food. At restriction I can eat thin crust pizza I just choose not to. Last week though I went to a movie with my nephew and went out for thin crust pizza afterwould. It's a treat, something I do once every 6 months; not a regualr habit.

Go to Walmart/target and buy yourself a digital food scale. Measure out your Protein (my doctor says 3 oz); eat low fat/calorie veggies until full. My doctor does not believe in Snacks but if I had to eat something I choose skinless chicken breast or low fat string cheese.

Your right Honk, this is not a miracle worker! We have to develop a healthy relationship with our food. Something I'm trying hard to do but its so hard!