Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Weight Do You Say You've Lost?

So I weigh 90 lbs less than I did at my highest, approximately 3 years ago. I weigh 76 lbs less than I did one year ago when I decided to get lap band and started my 6 months of nutrition counseling. I weigh 60 lbs less than I did when I started my 2 week preop diet Oct 1st. Finally, I weigh 51 lbs less than I did on Oct 17th, surgery day. So, when people ask how much I've lost, what do I tell them??

I usually go by the weight on the scale the morning I started the pre-op diet (2 weeks prior to surgery) since i equate the pre-op diet with the surgery (i bundle it all together). Even though I have been higher than 276 in my life (when pregnant etc.) I go with 276 since that was the day I started this "journey".

I think it's mentally healthy to proudly announce that you have lost ## pounds from your all time highest weight. Such a big accomplishment and lots of hard work - so shout it out girlfriend!

By the way, "I have lost 22 lbs. total so far from my highest weight" (248 down to 226). I was banded 6 weeks ago. Only 7 lbs. lost since surgery day - but I know I'll get there once I finally feel restriction!

Happy Banding!

So I weigh 90 lbs less than I did at my highest, approximately 3 years ago. I weigh 76 lbs less than I did one year ago when I decided to get lap band and started my 6 months of nutrition counseling. I weigh 60 lbs less than I did when I started my 2 week preop diet Oct 1st. Finally, I weigh 51 lbs less than I did on Oct 17th, surgery day. So, when people ask how much I've lost, what do I tell them??

I had to take 6 months of nutrition classes before the surgery. My doc goes by my highest weight during that time period. Coincidentally, it also happens to be my highest weight ever (259).

Allison - I just saw that you have lost over 100 lbs. in 8 months!! You are my new hero - that is awesome. :rolleyes: Your picture is beautiful - I hope you feel amazing. Very inspirational to this newbie.

Can you tell me when you hit the green zone and actually started having true restriction? I just had my first fill (5cc in an 11cc band) and have no restriction. Next fill scheduled for April 9th - not sure how many cc the doctor will give me at that time, although I am going to push for 2cc - lol. May have to immediately unfill some of it - but I just want to hit that zone so bad and I have little patience.

I go with what I weighed before the pre-op diet which for me was only 2 days, so I have lost 110.5 pounds since June 18th!

Allison - I just saw that you have lost over 100 lbs. in 8 months!! You are my new hero - that is awesome. :rolleyes: Your picture is beautiful - I hope you feel amazing. Very inspirational to this newbie.

Can you tell me when you hit the green zone and actually started having true restriction? I just had my first fill (5cc in an 11cc band) and have no restriction. Next fill scheduled for April 9th - not sure how many cc the doctor will give me at that time, although I am going to push for 2cc - lol. May have to immediately unfill some of it - but I just want to hit that zone so bad and I have little patience.

i do not know if i'm in the "green zone" or not - but i do have restriction - i'm at 9ccs in 14 cc band - i hit some restriction at 7.5ccs and good but not perfect restriction at 8.5ccs - i opted for just 1/2 cc at last appt- think i'm going to stay put at 9ccs for a while - at least another 10-15 pounds i think - i hear you lose restriction as you lose weight - the band gets looser - not sure about that but we'll see!