Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional Roller Coaster

One of my many, I have my mother in law over for a couple of days. She does know I have the band but how inconsiderate of you to make this huge Sunday dinner sit in my face yum yum good good licking finger and turn and look at me with my Protein Shake and laugh. Now I know I might just be emotional but I ask how can I get over people in general that know I have the surgery bufunery. I can't ****** everyone that makes fun of me because I'm on solids help just ranting!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH !! some people are just so inconsiderate ! they dont stop and think about how others will feel. just remember , this too shall pass. i dont know how long you've been banded , but im only 3 months out and i feel very lucky that i can eat EVERYTHING ! steak, pork chops , broccoli, pineapple, rice , Pasta , Peanut Butter, nuts etc. you name it , it all goes down without a hitch as long as i take small bites and chew well. hopefully you will be one of those people too. as difficult as other people attitude toward you can be, remember that YOU made the decision to get banded, and YOU are doing all the hard work. so good for YOU !! so go do something nice for yourself and forget about Miss Snarky ! good luck !

Thanks so much that makes me feel better, I wAs banded a week and a half ago. The road is getting easier I stop complaining and I'm handling it. But I do hope I can eat some of the things I like again especially seafood :-)

O don't worry You'll eat again, especially seafood. I think that goes down the easiest for me.

Were in a League of our own ! So you have to understand that, no matter what they do, " even if they choose to eat like animals" You are now above that. Its off limits to you, and you have a special program to follow. They ! do not... So they can do what they want.

Yes its inconsiderate of them, but thats life. Nothing you can do about them, so you have to think about how you want to deal with that.

I had a similar problem, and I use to look at it as go ahead and kill yourself with kindness, while I keep working at getting into a smaller size. I was rite ! they all got bigger, while I got smaller.

One of my many' date=' I have my mother in law over for a couple of days. She does know I have the band but how inconsiderate of you to make this huge Sunday dinner sit in my face yum yum good good licking finger and turn and look at me with my Protein shake and laugh. Now I know I might just be emotional but I ask how can I get over people in general that know I have the surgery bufunery. I can't ****** everyone that makes fun of me because I'm on solids help just ranting!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I'm just now starting to understand that everyone goes through this. You are not alone. My own mother cannot make one positive remark about my weight loss. It always comes out negative. There is something weird that happens as I've started losing weight...people treat me differently, and not in a good way! I tend to be around others that understand what I'm going through (other lap banders) or family and friends who are supportive of my choice). In the beginning I was most emotionally fragile, but it gets better. You know the reasons you chose to join this community of people fighting for our health. It WILL pay off. Stay strong and know that you are not alone!!!!!

Thanks guys it's nice to know that I'm not alone. It's hard but I know I won't let it get me down.

It sucks that she would do something like that to you. Maybe next time you have a get-together with her, you should just bring your own food? Hopefully that will help distract you from what everyone else is eating that you can't have. Also I guess you could try and remember that what everyone else is eating, it's going to make them gain weight, and will have a lot more fat and calories than whatever you have. Try and think of it as you getting skinnier and skinnier, and everyone around you getting jealous. She may not support you, but a lot of us here do!

Thanks star87

I mean sark87

It's a struggle and after your banded it's amazin how much of our lives and day to day existence is tied to food. You'll be able to eat at those big dinners soon, just will only be able to take in little bits at a time.

Also other people that are not banded do not understand what we go through and sometimes make too much jest at our expense. Better just thicken up your skin honey I'll tell u in advance. I cried many a day from some of the hurtful things said and done by family and friends and I'm a licensed psychotherapist so go figure!

You would think that people that have seen how much we struggled with weight health etc would be more considerate

Thanks nee nee I'm getting stronger by the day but I do have my moments when I shut down. I get tired of people telling oh u can't have this oh you can't have that it's like Really! I know what I signed up for and last I check your not my Dr or my dietician whew!!!! They get on my nerves!!!!!!!! But thick skin is developing. Thanks Hun!