Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I'm Looking Forward To...

I started a list last night of things I'm looking forward to once I get my lapband and am on the way to a healthier me. I thought it would be fun if others added what they're excited to do as well!

-Being a healthy weight and hopefully starting a family in the future (we're thinking 3-4 years)

-Not having to shave using the braille system anymore

-Want to be able to do frisky things and not worry about how it looks from his perspective

-Would like to bicycle from this city to the next (15 miles) just to see what I can see

-Nicer selection of clothes (dear fashion designers: big girls do NOT want HUGE flowers or stripes all the time...)

Anyone else?

Bahahaha braille shaving system....I totally feel you on the bedroom stuff! I want to fit in a nice pair of blue jeans and look good in them. I want to be able to keep up with my very active son and husband in hiking, biking, kayaking, Water ski, baseball. I want to go to six flags. The list can really go on forever!!! :-)

Ohmigawsh @ the six flags thing. I ALMOST forgot about that. I went to Hershey Park (insert "fat girl going to a chocolate themed park" jokes here) about 4 years ago. I went to get on a ride with one of my friends and the young guy working the ride said "Uh, you're not gonna fit. Sorry." Before I had even gotten to the front of the line. HORRIBLE!

Add that to my list too - I want to go back to that park, get on that ride and go "WHEEEEEE!" all the way down!

This is a great topic! There's one that's been going on for a few years in a different category, and it's called "The Skinny Bucket List". It's soooo motivating to think about all the reasons you want to have this surgery and it helps keep you on track. :-)

Love topic, I won't have to worry when park the Car in a bay that the next car will be too close and I won't get it. Fun fair rides with the kids and no seat belt extention on a fight. Keeping up with the girls when the rain comes on and they all run for cover. There are so many reason to look forward. My LB surgery is Tuesday march 13th x

ive been banded since mid dec 2011, down from 225 to 203. so far im down from a 1x to an xl, and ive had to buy new jeans because mine were too big. so ive hit a couple things on my bucket list. for my future bucket list i want to be able be at a healthy weight, weigh between 125 and 140, have lots of energy and look and feel great. i want go running and go horseback riding and be able to walk without getting winded, and when we go on an Alaskan fishing trip in the summer of 2012, i dont want to be the overweight lady on the small plane or sink the fishing boat !!

I want to shop in a regular store (sorry lane Bryant) not only a regular store but off the bargain rack!

I want to not be the girl other girls stand by to make themselves look smaller

I want my husband to be able to pick me up

I want to weight less than him hehe

I want a single digit clothing size

I like the idea of my husband (to be) picking me up and carrying me through the doorway once we get married....

(and the idea of the cute and flirty clothes I can wear on our honeymoon!)

Hi. Love this question. Made me think happy thoughts.

I want to wear a tank top on a hot day not a sack

Sit on the beach in a pair of swimmers

Drop my bp meds

That's for starters.

I also have a list of things:

- getting a bikini wax

- fly without fighting with the seat belt (talk about embarrassing)

- ride any theme park ride without 2 or more attendants "assisting" me.

- attend more family get togethers

- wear a nice swimsuit w/o a cover-up.

- go on a family vacation without being the "tired one".

I was banded 2/14/12.

Things I want to be able to do

Sit crisscross on the floor with my kids

Cross my legs comfortably

Wear boots ( cannot get any to fit sound my calves)

Single digit size...not 18 like now

Less pills

No diabetes

No blood pressure and cholesterol issues

See my collar bone

Paint my own toenails

Play tennis again

Learn golf

I'd like to find a wedding dress that fits correctly and makes me feel like a bride.

(Side story: I went dress shopping with a friend on Sunday. She wears a size 12 street clothes, size 14/16 bridal dress. That means I'd (in theory) wear a 26/28 bridal gown. I saw a woman, about my size, trying on dresses and gowns. She was pouting the whole time, and actually ended up crying because only one dress actually fit and it was u.g.l.y. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to look the way I feel about my husband to be. I want to feel perfect, lovely, the most important soul on the planet.)

I thought of another one the other day that I'm sure many of you will understand.

I want to be able to step out of the shower, wrap my regular sized towl around me and have it cover up everything, and not have a gap down one side, or have it be a "bath sheet". :D

I have a few things I'm looking forward to with the spring/summer approaching.

I'd like to sit in a lawnchair with out my thighs popping out the sides of it.

I'd like to sit in a folding chair with out it sinking into the ground 3 inches.

I'd like to sit in a hammock with out looking like an overstuffed sausage.

I'd also like to run through the sprinkler like a little kid, having a great time, laughing and giggling with out jiggling!

So the hair place I go to has two different capes. Normal sized people get the black ones. People like me get the gray ones.

I want a black one!!!