Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Value Of This Website

I have been a member here over a year. During that time many people have complained and commented, Myself included, how negative and contradictory the posts can get here.

It is true.

But having said that, it is alos a please to know that anyone here can express their opinions and thoughts on any topic without feeling any restraint.

It is up to the reader to be critical as to what they wish to digest, and what they wish to spit out.

And for that freedom, I am grateful.

I agree! It is, also, a place where we can relax and know that many people have gone through the same thing as we are experiancing. We can express our pain and happiness and have others understand! Love this web site, visit it daily! Karen

I agree.

I'm glad I didn't find the site until I already had the band inside me. Some of the negative stuff may have freaked me out enough I would have put off getting banded and then I would still be morbidly obese today.

The site is great for newbies. In my case, it has been a great place for learning details. I'm a long distance from my surgeon's office, so I didn't use them as a support team and I'm too far away to go to any of the group meetings or anything. I was not required to go to the office for "follow up" type visits. I only went in for a fill a few times.

I have had to sift through many posts of things that just don't make sense and posts from bandsters who really don't understand the basics and give bad advise. IMHO many bandsters make the entire thing MUCH harder than it has to be.

Overall, I love the site or I would not still be here reading and posting. It helps me keep my head in the game.

I'm very glad this site exists. It can be difficult for me on other sites that include all forms of WLS, because so many of them are populated with people who have had GB, and some people aren't always so nice to us bandsters. Here, I feel welcomed and among friends. I like reading other's stories, and seeing their success is very motivational to me.

Anywhere you go you will find positive and negative people. I actually don't mind reading some of the "negative" side effects of the band....gives me things to look out for just in case! But there are many wonderful supportive people here too. And I'm glad I live somewhere that allows me to vent if necessary!

Ive only been here two weeks and this site has been a wealth of information good and bad, not based on scientific finds but personal experience, thats the best kind of advise I say. Some things will work for one but not the other and thats why they call it a learning tool. i don't know about you guys but my lapband didn't come with an instruction book.

I have people checking on me, I check on them, am supportive in a way that no one else can be. I love this site! thumbs up for me!!Banane57.gif

I am not banded yet but I am going through the process. I have to say for myself I am so happy to have found this site. I have read all about the good, bad, and the ugly. We should thank goodness we have this site here for all us who have been banded or maybe considering it. This site is just full of knowledge about the Lapband, the people here are extremely helpful in answering all of your questions, not to mention the friends we have met along the way.

I have loved this forum. I have only had my band for 6 weeks, but the ability to search and read topics from actual banded people has been priceless. The docs and nutrionist can only give you so much info, reading and asking real live people has mad these 6 weeks so much easier for me.

Thanks to all the people on this forum!