Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Robbi,

I live in SC also, I had my band done in India. I can not find anyone in SC that will do any post surgery treatments. Let me know if you have found someone that will see you if they do not do the surgery.

Donna Holmes

I had my surgery done by Dr Ortez in Mexico it was a great expierence I felt very well taken care of from the time they picked me up in San Deigo

all the way through testing and recovery. Some people worry about Mexico and the cleanliness but it was GREAT.

Nanaholmes brings up a very good point. Many threads have been touched on this subject as well.

Be sure you have post op care set up locally before you go out of country for your surgery. Running into problems afterwards, with your surgeon thousands of miles away is not fun. Many doctors will not touch you if you were done out of the country, and some won't touch you if they weren't the surgeon who installed the band. Do a lot of research first, and be sure you are prepared with good after care.

Best of luck to you. :)

I had my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz 6 months ago (currently a size 9) and my sister just had hers done 2 weeks ago. I love the hell out of my lap-band and I do not know what I would do without Dr. Ortiz and his staff. He is now building his new hospital that should be open any day now, it is so beautiful...it makes me want to have the lap-band done all over again just so I can stay the night in it (smile). I am so proud of Dr. Ortiz and I love him for being who he is...which is a great doctor! Baja...Mexico...Here I come!!!!!

Not to be a downer or any thing but I think I read a post some time ago with some negative feedback on Dr.Kuir. You should do a search on threads with that name and see what comes up. Good Luck! :)

Had lap-band surgury with Dr. Kuri 2/2005. Great experience, would recommend this highly professional dr and staff to anyone. Good luck.

MAY

I know there were two different Kuri's (spell??) But if you go up and type in kuri in the search link you will find all the threads to him and the other kuri too.

Happy Kuri patient here (Dr. Pedro Kuri), his new hospital is gorgeous. I had almost no discomfort and always felt well-taken-care-of while in Mexico. I think it was DeLarla that had a Kuri complication. That is the ONLY one I have ever seen.

Good luck and Better health!

Brenda

I Was Banded In The New Hospital 1-27-06 And Had A Wonderful Experience. Couldn't Have Asked For Better Care. Only Complication Was Language Barrier With The Nurses. There Are People In Hr Available If You Need Someone To Translate. Hospital Is Georgous!!!!!!!!! Top Notch. Going To Mexico Was The Last Thing I Thought I Would Ever Do Two Years Ago When I Started Researching Lapband. Now I Would Feel Comfortable Referring Anyone To Dr Kuri. My Husband (scardy Cat Big Time) Even Said It Was A Great Experience. Dr Kuri's Other Patients Have Already Told You The Truth About Him. He Was Awesome. Very Caring And Personable. And Straight Forward. Couldnt Ask For A More Skilled Surgeion Either!!!! Good Luck In Your Decison Making Process. It Will Be Something That You Have To Have Peace About. Once I Made My Decision To Go To Tj I Wanted To Leave That Day I Felt Sooooo Good And At Peace With My Decison. Just Make Sure You Have After Care Lined Up Unless You Plan To Travel To Tj For Fills!!

Anna

I was Banded on March 10th by Dr. Garza in Monterrey, Mexico. I had a great experience with little to no pain involved. Dr. Garza speaks fluent english along with a host of nurses and his assistant. I would recommend Dr. Garza to anyone who is wondering about Mexico. He has performed over 2500 Lap-Band surgery's. I went through the process on my own and made it just fine. Dr. Garza works out of the OCA hospital in Monterrey, Mexico. The hospital has a hotel on the forth floor for recovery that you stay in. I also stayed 1 night in a hospital room that was huge. It was around 900 square feet with a big screen TV, DVD Player. The hospital was cleaner and friendlier than most US hospitals I have ever been in. Do the research on Mexico, there are alot of good affordable facilities available.