Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help..throwing up all the time

So, I rarely can get a cup of food..sometimes yes,sometimes no. Most times I throw up ...pb..after my first bite and then I have weird gurgling in my throat for a couple hours after that. I'm not starving just want to get thru a meal. Or if I don't throw up, it can take me a couple hours to eat a lean cuisine...any suggestions? Is this too full?

If you're sure you're chewing well then you are probably too tight.

Sounds like your too tight and need an unfill,I have just went through the same stuff. I had 3 taken out and oh what a difference it made right off.

Last Dec, I found I couldn't keep anything down. Since I finally found restriction about 6 mths before, I was hesitant to go to the Dr to see what was going on. I couldn't even keep down a TB of Tomato Soup. My fiance finally took me to the Dr - she said that after receiving antibioitcs to cure a UTI (and I was allergic to them) it made me vomit, making my band so irritated I couldn't keep anything down. She took out 2 cc and boy did it make a difference. I could eat without pain! I couldn't believe what I thought was restriciton for 6 mths was actually too tight. The weight loss slowed down quite a bit since then, but I'm only 11 lbs from goal - and I'm happy. I did get a slight fill a couple of mths ago - was afraid it would do the same thing, but it turned out fine.

It sucks to throw up at all, but when you can't keep anything down, that truly sucks. You might need to see your doctor.

Marci

What I dont understand is the dr says I'm not too tight..he does fills with flouroscopy (sp?) but today I threw up coffee..don't get it though. I'm 15pds from goal, having a Tummy Tuck on Nov 18th, getting unfilled on 11/11for the surgery so I guess I will just ride it out.

Hmmi am going through the same dilema, i throw up everything i have been on liquids and they suggested i might need to get untighted however i have not had a fill in over a yr and i am 7lbs away from my goal i dont understand y i am having this issue now. Also with keeping food in my stomach, have any of you exp. this?

What I dont understand is the dr says I'm not too tight..he does fills with flouroscopy (sp?) but today I threw up coffee..don't get it though. I'm 15pds from goal, having a Tummy Tuck on Nov 18th, getting unfilled on 11/11for the surgery so I guess I will just ride it out.

Hope you are feeling better by now. I was experiencing the same problem since my first fill last Thursday. After the fill the Dr gave me a glass of Water and it didn't go down so easy but I had no idea what to expect & just assumed that was normal. I hadn't been able to eat anything since and even a spoonful of oatmeal was causing a lot of discomfort. I called the Drs office and they paged him & he called me back 5 mins later & told me to meet him at his office. This was Sunday afternoon. He originally put in 4cc on the first fill & removed 2cc and the relief was instantaneous. Been able to get down some Soup & liquids. Very happy I called & that I have a fantastic Dr.

I am not trying to lecture anyone, but can't understand why people think too full is really good restriction. You should not take and hour to eat a lean cuisine. And you should not be vomiting liquids and solids. Believe me, I just had to have a slip repaired. I am at goal and the thought that my surgeon might have to remove my lapband because it was slipped and beyond repair, scared the dickens out of me. BUt, he was able to readjust it, and now I am empty and on liquids for 2 weeks. But, I am not vomiting and coughing up phelm all night. See you surgeon if you are having problems! Thanks for listening to my rant! Karen

My 2 cents, Sometimes, usually I am the last one done eating, and eat the least amount, sometimes they are clearing the table of everything before I am done.

Lean Cuisine is not the best to eat for banded people I dont think, I was always told Protein first, then veggies???

So, I rarely can get a cup of food..sometimes yes,sometimes no. Most times I throw up ...pb..after my first bite and then I have weird gurgling in my throat for a couple hours after that. I'm not starving just want to get thru a meal. Or if I don't throw up, it can take me a couple hours to eat a lean cuisine...any suggestions? Is this too full?

You really need to see your doctor. I went through this same thing; started deeling faint at times; blood pressure dropped; could not keep anything down. The surgon unfilled twice; and then I lost something like 23 lbs in two days! Called a different Doc; had an upper GI done; discovered the band had slipped. Potassium level was way low and almost bought the farm during emergency surgery to remove the band....heart quit under anestesia. Went five months and just had the band re-installed. This is an excellent weight loss aid but you really do need to be cautious and get to your doc the moment problems start up. By the way, just prio to all of this I started having uncontrolable burping.