Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new puppy!! we need a name

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

she is 8 weeks old, 4 1/2 pounds (did anyone lose that last week? lol)

She is a total mutt! They told me she was shitzu and laso opso (lol SP?) But the vet said thathe thinks she has some distant chow in her and a whole bunch of stuff he really wasn't sure.

She is a sweet heart! Slept really well last night. I just couldn't sleep because I was so excited! Isn't she cute!!!

Tears, great. My husband says I broke our dogs so now he has to send them away to school since they are too spoiled. Phooey.

She looks like a Fiji. I read the list of 10 most popular dog names, and Fiji wasn't there.

Allison

Bella

Charma

Daisy (a classic)

Elfie

Faeleen, Fiona, Fiju

Geisha

Halo, Heaven

Ittybit

Jumbo

Keisha

Lemon Pie

Mango

Natasha

Olivia

Pork Chop

Quipit

Race Baby

Sugar Pop

Trisquit

U (sorry, I don't like U names)

Velvet

Wishper

X (just X)

Yibble

Zatrina

oh i am terrible about naming animals. we couldn't figure out a name for the cat for 4 weeks after we got him, and the dog didn't get named for 3 whole months. a name is such an important thing. and i am so picky.

keep in mind though, you might find yourself yelling this name at a park, or calling him using the name over and over again. make sure it is easy to say, and doesn't sound weird or offensive when yelling it out at the park. LOL

Amy

I love all your suggestions so far.

I have been calling her little Missy. Kids like Zoe, DH and I like Ginger and Abby. I love suggestions and I will keep you posted.

Thanks

What a cute pudgy face.... how about Pudgy, Whisper, Pockets, Tribble..... I like Dee's suggestion, since your getting a new band how about Bandit, Bandy, Hope, Spirit.

Wow, I like Dee's choice.. Bandit! How fitting, and she's got a "mask" over her eyes like a bandit too.

*laughs* How about El Bandit (LB for well.. duh)

I'm way jealous. My "find" is a maltese/poodle mix. And he's yippy with my other dogs! I like Margo or Abby, but Bandy might mean more to you.

I'm bad about naming dogs too. We have three puppies, just about to turn 4 months old, and I just got around to naming the last one Ginger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches